It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:13 pm

Post subject: Tea Time Proper [D13, Late Afternoon]
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 12:59 am 

Dressed to impress in her twelve layered junitihoe just for the specific moment –– should would later don armor to travel south –– Horonigai wats for her appointment to begin.

Tea kettle on the fire. Some mochi carefully positioned and some sushi and rice to nible. The Imperial princess double checks her makeup and admires herself on a hand mirror at the Crane's Embassy Tearoom

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

Post subject: Re: Tea Time Proper [D13, Late Afternoon]
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 1:54 am 

Attachment:
Batzurig-Clean.jpg
Batzurig-Clean.jpg [ 23.68 KiB | Viewed 3892 times ]

Batzurig is announced and arrived cleaned and freshly cut, with a hakama and a dark furcoat over a Unicorn purple that, even proper Rokugani sandals. His presence is announced and he entered with a scent that smelled of lavender, at his side was the daisho and the ancestral Moto Scimitar, he was a warrior.

Once he entered he bowed and said, “Sayyeda Horonigai, Moto Batzurig has arrived as requested.” Despite his attempt at etiquette he could not shake his usual warrior’s swagger and smug smile.

OOC: Etiquette: 2d10 7

Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse "Bashiru", Moto Scimitar

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 1:44 pm 

Horonigai rapidly puts the hand mirror into one of the many folds as she hears someone approaching, and nonchalantly, looks at the tall figure from over her shoulder as he announces himself.

Observing him with a measured glance, she finds several weak spots on his social stance. Yet, she likes what she sees, and cannot entirely hold a tiny smile creeping. With a shake of her head, she dismisses that, and gets back to gift him with proper decorum, as courtesy demands.

"Konnichiwa..." She smiles, and focuses on his name, "Moto Batzu..." Drums at the background start to announce the hour that begins, and she uses that to complete with, "lig-san! Yoroshiku onegashimaaaaasu!"

The Imperial maiden provides a proper bow and then waves at a round and rough pillow so he could seat. After all, he was a warrior. Seating herself across him, while the fire from the small hearth heats the tea pot in between them, she places her katana to her left, blade turned inside. The wakizashi remains nearly unseen with so many layers, if not by its firm grip coming from within the tight obi.

"This one hopes Inari-no-kami has blessed Moto-san today. The kami were gracious to provide us with some extra care, neh! Please, take whatever you want, onegaishimaaasu." The Seppun says, and looks over the food and sweets. Then, Horonigai glances back at him, asking. "Ja, what would Moto-san like to drink: sake, any special tea?"

As Horonigai moves to sit and bow –– to her surprise –– she feels the perfume coming from the Moto, and appreciates the gesture without mentioning it. She was expecting something entirely different. Herself faintly exhaling a cinnamon aroma to overlap the environment's ambiance.

--
Etiquette/Awareness + Benten + 1 Raise (no offense): 5d10o10k4-5 28

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 2:35 pm 

He looks at the display of good and then took a seat and said, “Special tea?” This was not something he expected, he figured just asking for tea was enough. After a moment he reaffirmed with, “Yes, special tea.”

He eyed the food carefully and then scooped something up and ate it in one bite, his face scrunched as he tried to inspect the favor. He said, “Thank you.” Just to be sure he ate a second morsel and then nodded his approval, that his first assessment was sound.

He removed his ancestral weapon and put it at his side on his left to mimic her own actions. When in Rokugan, as his kin say. Wait was the food and tea a gift, they had a whole gift thing and you had to refuse. Unless it wasn’t a gift and she was expecting him to think it was and this was a twisty maze of etiquette towards an apology he had no idea what for. Clever girl.

His eyes narrowed and he added, “I am not sure I should accept this special tea, no send it away. I will not have special tea, I refuse it!”

Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse "Bashiru", Moto Scimitar

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 3:22 pm 

She cocks her head at his refusal, saying, "Sokka, sokka. Anno... no special tea," and reshuffles the tea pouch Miya Mei had pointed out the other day as being special. With a sigh and a smile, Horonigai puts the tea utensils away, relieved –– she knows nothing of how to prepare fancy tea ceremonies to begin with. Although she would try her best to remember, if called for.

Looking back to him with hands straight on over her legs, Horonigai mentions in a sweet tone of voice, tilting her head and batting some thick, well-prepared eyelashes, "Ne, Moto-san. Simple green tea, then... water?"

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 3:38 pm 

"Wait, are you not supposed to offer the special tea again," he responded with confusion.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 3:44 pm 

"Oh!" She widens her eyes and brings her sleeve to cover her giggles. He shoulders roll a bit, but she controls them just at the point it would become a mocking gesture toward the Moto's knowledge of their customs.

She shakes her head negatively as her hand goes down, with slight blush on her cheeks. She says, "U-un. Moto-san. Offering tea is not a gift." Then, she stops, lifting a finger. "Eto. Offering tea to drink together is not a gift. Now, if you gift the tea wrapped up that's a gift."

She nods to herself, and thinks a bit more over the topic, it was very confusing indeed. "Well, if it is wrapped neatly, it's a gift. Although there are gifts that are not wrapped."

The girl moves on to prepare the simple green tea while paying attention to Batzurig with the corner of her eyes.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 4:09 pm 

He frowned as he did not like to feel the fool but nodded and said, “I think I understand sayyeda, you have my thanks for clearing the fog. So what makes this tea special and makes this tea green? Can green tea be special or not?”

Maybe the Suzume was correct, court was far to complicated for his fierce nature, no, he had no fear of any opponent. On the field of battle or in this setting.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 4:30 pm 

"I am definitely not an etiquette instructor, Moto-san. I barely passed the many tests at the dojo during Otomo-sensei's lessons." The girl starts to lay out the equipments, and tries to explain out of the best of her knowledge... but she couldn't remember a thing.

Well, Batzurig wouldn't know either, so she shrugs, saying, "Ja, there's the thick tea, then the thin one. The thick one, yo-KUSO!" Horonigai tries to pour down the water at the smaller container and burns her hand, hastily dropping the thing down and moving her finger to her mouth, licking the wound.

With a frown and water splashed all over her dress, she puts on a heavy pout, trying to excuse herself while mumbling an apology, "Shitsurei shimasu..."

--
Tea Ceremony/Void TN 15 + VP for Skill: 4d10o10k3 6

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 4:58 pm 

He assumed burning oneself was not wanted but everything else looked fancy, and he didn’t have the vast experience or acumen of a Crane to know the difference, so he just shrugged. He responded while turning his back, “If you need to change, that is fine.”

“You do not have to put on airs for me, but if that is your way, I respect it. I will be honest, I do not know what I am supposed to apologize for, sayyeda, but you have earned it for your persistence. It would be helpful to know what it is I have done wrong, but I have no dog in this fight and my pride is not so large that I will not admit fault,” he responded.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 5:35 pm 

She was angry at herself for have failed so many times these last days. Now, she fails miserably at a simple tea ceremony. Her inner anger only rises as he starts to get an advantage over the discussion saying he had no idea what to apologize for.

The Seppun snorts and raises her chin, looking nowhere. She says, "You had the nerve to defy me in court while... shouting. Very rude. I can forgive that, even without an apology. Now, the worst of all," the Imperial normally wouldn't point it out, but Honor compels her to instruct him better, "One does not play with the remains of dead enemies. That's not what honorable samurai do. One should show respect to their enemies, specially in death."

Her eyebrow twitches and she nearly bursts, but doesn't shout. "Iie. I don't think I need to change. Do you think I need to change?"

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 5:48 pm 

“Your clothing, perhaps not, it is your comfort and if you see it fit then who am I to judge. Your mind, perhaps in time we shall see if it can be changed,” he said turning back to her.

“Those bastards deserve not my respect the killed the best of us I am told and then put their heads on display. Their leader murdered the last Emperor and do not seem to be giving us the same Courtesy we are giving them. I see no reason to give them what they will not give to us.”

He ate more food and then added, “But, things are done differently here, and as long as I get to kill the enemies of the Empire I am pleased. If you wish for me to respect them, I will nod and mutter a prayer to their ancestors to accept whatever is left of their corpse when I am done annihilating them.”

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 6:29 pm 

Horonigai glares at him as he explains his mind, and to calm herself, instinctively copies what he's doing and shoves a mochi into her mouth, munching on it sweetness until Batzurig is done talking. She swallows and replies.

"FINE."

The Seppun lifts herself up to clean up the area she spilt water and uses what is left to serve tea again: this time without any pomp. Moving to his side, she slides the tea cup on a tray so he can fetch it, not looking directly so her On wouldn't brake out of stubbornness.

With a deep breath, she opens her mind, "Many of them fight to die honorably, some, perhaps, to hopefully be freed of this bloodlust. They obey their lord, even if he's a murderer. They deserve death, hai, but also our respect."

She bows after offering the tea. "I would be pleased with your prayers."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 6:33 pm 

He accepted the cup and said, "Then they will have it, I still find it unnatural to have to kill soldiers who have already died."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 7:11 pm 

Happy with his reply, as rare as it is, Horonigai nods and slides back to her place across the fire. She fills a cup of her own and sips, moving her head to point out he's encouraged to do the same, now. "I find unnatural to have to confront the wishes of a Hantei. Specially one that is my very own ancestor."

She sighs, looking at the tea. Oblivious that the Unicorn rode for years in the Dark Ride, slaying their own corrupted kin.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 7:39 pm 

He is silent and said, "I apologize for my loudness, it is common when we are gathered around the fire to call attention to one self and boast and shout. I see that is not the case among proper society, whatever that means."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:06 pm 

Hearing the word 'apologize', Horonigai looks back to him with victory stamped on her glinting green eyes. She lifts eyebrows to say, "Well, I'm often loud myself. But intensity depends on the place, neh! In court, one can be loud when armed with arguments... and insults too. But never too direct. Battlecries such as the one you shouted are for the dojo."

She blinks a bit, wondering. "Well. It sounded like a battlecry, for me."

The Seppun nods to him, with noble intentions, "You're forgiven, Moto-san. Thank you for the kindess to recognize my feedback."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:57 pm 

“Now it is your turn,” he said smugly as he sipped some tea.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:59 pm 

"Nani?"

She blinks a bit, tilting her head quizzically at him.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:27 pm 

Batzurig just sipped his tea waiting for the apology.