It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:21 pm

Post subject: Re: The Sting of Frustration [D13, EM, Private]
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 8:11 am 

"Hm? Maybe, not sure what she'd do with it though." Evidently even Degarashi didn't fully understand what Sukima was planning. "I'm sure she'll accept it with honor and pride. And maybe a touch of confusion."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 8:25 am 

She sighed. "She might not get the joke," she sighed. "Though maybe that's for the best."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 8:35 am 

"You never know, she could figure it out a few years down the road. She's sharp, but only for certain things. I think the hard life of a warrior has robbed her of the ability to see herself as others see her." Certainly how Degarashi saw her. "It's a bit sad really, but very, very entertaining to observe at times."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 8:54 am 

"Like how you see her?" She teased with a small smirk.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 8:58 am 

He blushed a bit at that and coughed nervously. "She's especially confused by that. Evidently I could have her if I really wished, at the low cost of her respect." His tone of voice implied that he didn't think the cost was low at all.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:12 am 

"I see... Well, that seems like it would make things difficult," she noted somewhat neutrally.

Am I... no. No, that would be ridiculous.

But you really don't like what he just said.

It doesn't mean anything. I just... don't want his loyalty potentially compromised. The Sparrow is loyal to Kato after all.

"Mm, I was just reminded. If those two Imperials are planning some kind of purge, the Sparrow might have problems."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:17 am 

"Yes, that's true." Unaware of Sukima's inner dialogue, Degarashi could only jump onto the next line of verbal logic. "I trust this one, if only because she's thrice survived our clan attempting to end her. If she were given reason to believe Kato would withdraw support for her clan she might reconsider which imperial has her better interests at heart. Another reason to so speak with her. She's no fool on these matters." This, at least, seemed to be a purely professional respect, not tied to any one emotion or another.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:23 am 

"... Our Clan trying to kill her multiple times isn't exactly a glowing recommendation. It would seem to imply her being a problem and our people being incompetent," she noted with a frown. "It would be hard to sell her on that, considering Kato needs everyone he can get right now."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:50 am 

"True, and anyone who died during such an assignment was probably a liability anyway." He shrugged, evidently removed from that line of thought now. "I'd follow your judgment on the matter at any rate, Sukima."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:15 am 

She flopped on his arm, sighing dramatically. "Which includes the Scorpion now, which... makes us very odd potential bedmates with the Sparrow. Politics is so weird right now."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 2:39 pm 

"Forgive me if I can't free my mind beyond the one bedmate at the moment, Sukima~." He chuckled softly, then curled the arm she'd chosen to land on and pulled her closer. "It is a difficult position to be in, certainly, and I don't enjoy the uncertainty it creates for the future. Changing alliances never occur without their fair share of blood and fury."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 7:56 pm 

She snuggled back in, wrapping her arm over his waist and closing her eyes contentedly. "I can't say I'm a fan... But it is what it is. We'll survive. And Kato and I will squabble over the Clan like the siblings were are, likely."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 8:04 pm 

"Mm, just another day in Rokugan, neh?" Finding a great deal of enjoyment and peace in Sukima's warmth and proximity, Degarashi found a wayward blanket and draped it over the two of them, hunkering down further into the pillowy soft comfort around him.

"If it's not too bold to suggest, Sukima, this feels like an uncommon morning. I'd like very much to just stay here a while and enjoy what I'm able to, before I have to get up and leave Yume-do for Ningen-do."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 8:33 pm 

She chuckled warmly against his skin, echoing, "Just another day in Rokugan."

She looked up toward his face, though it was an awkward angle to fully see him in. She was too comfortable to go out of her way to try. It was too warm in here with him and cold out there. "I'm happy to let you... Though you have been up all night. Maybe you should really take a little time in Yume-do." She punctuated with a kiss to his shoulder.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 8:40 pm 

Degarashi leaned instinctively into Sukima, muttering softly at her kiss. He was trying to stay awake to enjoy the moment more, but his body simply wouldn't let him, and before too long he was breathing smoothly and even, body turned to face Sukima as he slumbered.

Right before he went, though, he slurred out a few words, far too quiet to be heard by anyone but Sukima, pressed as close as she was.

"M'already there..."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 8:57 pm 

So close to her ear, she caught the soft words. She sighed to herself as she snuggled in. "Damn you, Degarashi..."

Then she soon joined him in the realm of dreams.

/Scene