It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:45 pm

Post subject: [D13, EA] - Talking Chop (crab embassy)
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 10:37 pm 

Yukarin smoothed out her kimono as she left her room at the embassy. It seemed like only yesterday she'd been unpacking everything, and here she was already packing to move on again. Not that the siege lifting earlier than she'd expected was a bad thing... nor was moving on from Nikesake per say. But it felt like there was unfinished business; Nothing she could pin down, but she probably wouldn't be able to for a while regardless.

Walking into the main lobby, the attendant noted to Yukarin that she had a guest and directed her to the side room for meetings, opening the door for her as Rin walked in.

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

Post subject: Re: [D13, EA] - Talking Chop (crab embassy)
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 10:48 pm 

Miwako was sitting quietly, looking over a scroll. When Yukarin entered, she set the scroll down and rose to offer a proper bow.

"Good afternoon, Yasuki-san."

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced
Status 1.0 | Glory 3.0 | Honor: What's Expected

Carries/wears: Scroll satchel, tanto, wakizashi, jade, cricket

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 11:08 pm 

Yukarin looked over the unfamiliar woman for but a moment before bowing deeply, "Ah, good afternoon, Isawa-sama. Unless I am mistaken, you would be Isawa Miwako then?"

She'd heard a bit about the woman from Mogami and Maiya, but hadn't had the time to really seek her out. Especially since the thought of doing so had brought up bad memories for a while, after Mogami's fate and the Isawa being one of the last things she'd mentioned before they'd parted ways.

carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 1:03 am 

"I am." she nodded. "My apologies for not introducing myself properly. These have been interesting days."

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 1:18 am 

"Interesting... yes, I suppose they have been that. Can I get you any tea, before I sit down?"

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 2:20 am 

"Tea would be nice." she nodded. "Unless you cared for something stronger?"

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 2:47 am 

"Right now? No."

She gave a smile and ducked out to order the servant to get some tea before ducking back in and closing the door.

"I've definitely found this is probably too early in the day for me for alcohol, even if I've just had lunch. Especially since I plan on ducking into the dojo here in the city later."

Rin sat down formally across from Miwako, hands on her lap, "So... I'm not even really sure what to ask about first; The easy questions, or the hard ones."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 3:19 am 

She nodded. "I found it was usually the Hida who drank early, when they could. They were hard to keep up with, even with the kami's aid."

The Phoenix was curious about any of the questions. "Ask about whatever interests you most, Yasuki-san."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 3:25 am 

That got a small frown, "Interests me most, hm? That is...:

Her chin drifted down in thought a little bit before she looked back up and shook her head, "I suppose if you put it that way; Were you a friend to Matsu Mogami-sama?"

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 3:36 am 

She shook her head. "Not really, no. I was aware of her."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 3:45 am 

"Hm...."

The thoughtful expression returned.

"...I was trying to find people who knew her better before her... passing. None of the Lion here seemed close with her; Perhaps unsurprising to me from what she told me of her position. But you were a lead of sorts."

She gave a small sigh, looking to the window briefly, "I get the impression that I'd not be able to attend a remembrance even if I could find information on one though, I suppose."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 4:00 am 

"I... I did see to her remains yesterday, what the enemy left on the field." she added. "Along with Kayou-sensei's and Asako-sama's."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 5:40 am 

"I see. I had the displeasure of seeing them before you tended to them. That was quite the shock, I must admit. I am not one used to such things. Even amongst the Unicorn, where the Moto are known for being quite pragmatic about such displays."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 6:02 am 

"To treat the dead in such a way is unconscionable." She agreed. "Hantei XVI and his forces are savage and cruel. Matsu-sama and the others did not deserve that."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 6:12 am 

"Is it really so unusual? I had heard some bushi families still practice the tradition of taking heads and putting them in a sack to present to their lord."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 11:27 am 

There was one such bushi who had a tsuno head stored in her room. Yes, yes, it was Maiya. At least it wasn't a person's head?

Visiting her Clan Embassy sans her armour, which was no longer needed with the siege lifted, she entered the lobby. Asking for Yukarin she found out the other Crab was busy.

"Ano, guess I'll sit down. Could you let her known Kaiu Maiya is here?"

And so the servant would scurry away and, very carefully and politely, disturb the pair of samurai-ko in the meeting room to relay the message.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 4:20 pm 

"It happens." She admitted. "I am sure there are those who would put them on display as well. But, it feels barbaric."

She thinks about how she once skinned a naga and wore its hide. Thankfully, she can't remember the actual experience, but it still sends a shiver down her spine.

"Regardless, I hope their spirits are at rest now."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:05 pm 

Yukarin gives a little bow as the servant makes their way in and whispers something in her ear. Rin nods, "Well, go ahead and show her in then, please."

She turned back to Miwako, "It seems we have company, if you do not mind."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:27 pm 

"Not at all." She shook her head.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 12:00 am 

"Oh? Hai."

Maiya hopped up to follow the kind servant through the main corridor and into a meeting room.

She entered and immediately bowed. Isawa-sama too? This is nice.

"Please excuse me."