It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:41 pm

Post subject: Re: It's Tay A Tom Ay [D12, LM, Expecting]
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 11:16 pm 

"In service to the Scorpion as a retainer to my sensei. She has a... proclivity for using her senior students to test the acting prowess of her newer ones. So I helped maintain the theater and learned more of my craft even after my formal training ended. I've done essentially nothing but be an actor in some form of training since it began."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 11:22 pm 

"So a sort of... assistant sensei?" A touch of amusement entered her tone, but her sleeve blocked her mouth at that. "Perhaps that would be something to seek as a long term duty, to become a sensei of the Butei Academy. You had said that you were better practiced than put into use, and it IS an honorable position after all."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 11:35 pm 

That idea gave Degarashi pause, enough to halt his thoughts in earnest for some time as he mulled it over, drinking tea and sampling foods in quiet contemplation. "I...had not even considered such an option, Agasha-sama. My life has always been one prepared for duty and service to my lord, but the idea of taking what I've learned and using it to shape the next generation of Butei..." He shook his head, dumbfounded. "Never before has it crossed my mind."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 11:38 pm 

A new smile blossomed onto Poemu's face. "Then I have made up a little for not attending your previous performance. It is, of course, the decision of your lord, but I would be honored to write a letter on your behalf if you wished to pursue that path."

"Of course..." She trailed off, musing. "I should perhaps see a performance in full before I promise that."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 11:57 pm 

Degarashi laughed at that, a lot more openly than another might, though he did eventually cover his mouth with his sleeve. "All the more reason to ensure I can do so, even if I have to perform for Agasha-sama as a solo audience!" Another chuckle. "I do believe I might enjoy such work, however. Perhaps a brief stint among the Dragon, portraying my art as a show of friendship and good faith, assuming such is an amenable arrangement."

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 7:34 pm 

"Oh, I cannot imagine you would not be welcomed Bayushi-san. You might find smaller audiences than you are used to in such well lived in lands, but I can assure you they will be all the more pleased for that."

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 7:55 pm 

"Then I can see no reason to disfavor such a notion. I'll express my interest in such to Sukima-denka when I have the time and see about arranging for travel papers whenever there is time to do so." He sipped his tea thoughtfully. "Smaller audiences are no concern of mine, unless they're exclusive. After Toshi no Omoidosu, performing in the open to any willing to listen, I should enjoy it if my performances were not so restricted as, say, a Crane performing in a high court. I prefer my art to be free, as it were."

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 8:30 pm 

Poemu giggled softly into a sleeve. "Oh, I would feel most awkward if I were the only person in the audience Bayushi-san, I assure you. You merely have to keep me informed on your plans of when and where you might perform, and I will do my utmost to attend. I will, of course, make plans for if you should visit Dragon lands as well. They can be quite awkward without a guide, or itinerary."

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 8:45 pm 

"I thank you for your kind offer, Agasha-sama. I think I would enjoy some time among the Dragon. Though I myself would scarcely feel awkward were you the only one in attendance. Performing for one is a world removed from performing for none, after all."

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 8:57 pm 

"Perhaps so, though that would not change my own feelings." She paused. "...If that is how things truly turned out, I would try my best, Bayushi-san."

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 9:09 pm 

"This one is quite certain you would commend yourself well in a private display." Degarashi took a sip of tea, but whether he'd coined that phrase intentionally or by mistake was left unanswered. "And you'd certainly know your way around the lands better than I, though I understand your other duties might require another to guide me."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 8:46 pm 

She nodded softly. "Hai. Perhaps a Togashi could..." She trailed off, looking softly amused before finishing her tea and onigiri.

"That was a wonderful meal Bayushi-san. I should not take up more of your time. I will be certain to write you when I know my plans better, so we can arrange things." She stood, giving a bow and warm smile.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 8:52 pm 

Degarashi stood as well, offering a much deeper bow than perhaps was necessary. "I am pleased to have served so well, Agasha-sama, and you have my deepest thanks. For a time I was questioning how best I might serve my lord. Now those questions follow a path, and I've an idea what steps to take to start on it. Arigatou gozaimasu."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:18 pm 

Poemu smiled a bit shyly at that. "Well I am glad to be of some help then Bayushi-san. When you write me back, you must tell me how that goes. For now though, sayonara."

Giving one last bow, Poemu made her way out.

/exit