It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:40 pm

Post subject: Re: [D12, LE, Scorpion Embassy] A Longer Visit (closed)
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 10:48 pm 

"Very... But that's part of why I'll be there," she said as she started petting Horonigai like a cat. "We need a Hantei close to the throne if not on it. I toyed with the idea of pressing my own claim, but... I think having a Hantei close should be all right. I do worry for the precedent this sets, though. The Clans may start getting funny ideas even more often. We'll have to head that off."

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 12:07 am 

Horonigai would actually purr with the petting, if she had fur and tail. The tells Sukima, "Un. Neesan's strategy seems wise. I'm saying this because I... well... I have faith in Heavens the Steel Chrysanthemum won't be able to claim the Throne. If so, the Clans will soon forget Hantei Tokyio-denka is not the sovereign, and the truth about her son's not being the legitimate heir can be soon be be forgotten in the sake of prosperity. I wonder if that will only trigger even more ill omens and greater threats as Tengoku is not rightfully guiding Rokugan through a true, and blessed Hantei. If you're able to, at least advise, that can potentially soothe Heaven's wrath for some time."

Suddenly, with Sukima's hands over her head, Horonigai widens her eyes as an idea crosses her mind. Something only the Hantei of blood could do. It would be a dangerous act, but, perhaps, it could ensure Heavens would be pleased when the time would come to show the truth about the heir.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 12:25 am 

Sukima's hands twitched in her hair and her heart pounded in her ears for a moment. It took a moment of deep breath before controlling the sudden upswell of rage that coursed through her body for a moment. She wouldn't convince her. Arguing would break the atmosphere she'd worked to build. Stay calm, stay calm...

She was calm enough after a couple of moments to answer, "Perhaps," and notice Horonigai's eyes go wide. "Are you all right?"

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 12:39 am 

"Un!" She says while scratching a portion of her head with a tiny wince after Sukima's hand twitched, and nearly pulled it hard. "I am fine, hai."

Being a Seppun, Horonigai senses something potentially odd with Sukima's reaction, and sigh, confessing something to analyze how the Yogo's sincerity would respond. "I only hope neesan does not dispose of me like Kato-dono did, if I ever become a nuisance to her plans."

--
Investigation (Notice)/Perception + VP: 7d10ro1o10k4 31

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 12:49 am 

Despite the small twitch of her hands, Sukima seemed perfectly calm, smiling down a her gently as she always had.

Sincerity (Deceit)/Awareness + Void, TN 34: 7d10o10k4 45 (to appear calm)

She relaxed a little and returned to stroking her hair as before. "We don't agree on every subject, it's true, but you're still my little sister." She shook her head. "My apologies, I didn't mean to pull a bit."

"You looked surprised for a moment there, though. Did you think of something?"

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 1:03 am 

She smiles back to Sukima. "Pull if you want, neesan. Or if you think I deserve. You have permission, neh."

Horonigai points her finger to the ceiling and nods coyly, yet confusingly serious. "Granted by the Heavens! Un!"

She giggles a bit more, trusting with all her heart she's being held by protective caring hands. Horonigai dismisses going further in the topic, to save Sukima from a potentially dangerous idea. "Hai, I did. But... don't worry about it. What would be your advice for the future Emperor?"

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 1:28 am 

She chuckled and went back to running her fingers through it. "There are people out there who enjoy having their hair pulled as much as you enjoy yours being petted," she noted with a bit of amusement.

"I would like to hear your thoughts... But if you prefer to hold them back, I will wait for your comfort." She considered the question. "To maintain a broad perspective of them Empire. That good ideas can come from the most unexpected places - people shouldn't be dismissed out of hand. To keep a level head... even if someone gets angry or upset, it's important to calm quickly and take an even handed approach. The Clans sometimes forget where they stand in the Celestial Order, so they need to keep an eye on them."

She shrugged. "Off the top of my head."

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 3:26 am 

Horonigai nods. "That's a sound advice, neesan. Even I am reflecting on it now. I'm often too impulsive. Like today, I tackled down this mountain of a Moto out of his horse and slaped him in the face because he didn't apologize."

She pouts her lips a bit. "He was being rude with me for a couple of days. Not sure if there'll be bad blood after this. His clan mates saw it."

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 3:40 am 

She started the more intense massage and gentle scritching again, leaning over her. "I think it's just a matter of habit, honestly. It takes time and effort to train oneself to think and then react. Like any skill."

"Though it's unfortunate to hear he was being so rude."

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 3:45 am 

She closes her eyes in a temporary bliss. "I... think I'm learning this technique of yours. It is like interrogation, but in a different way, neh!"

Horonigai giggles, 'Saa, I'll tell neesan part of my idea. She'll figure out the rest."

A laugh snort and she says. "I'm planning to go to Otosan Uchi tomorrow."

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 3:52 am 

"Hmm... Maayyyybe," she teased. "Or maybe I just want you to feel good. If you tell me more, it's entirely a by-product." She leaned down, shifting her body so she could kiss Horo's cheek lightly before returning to her work.

"Oh dear... Quite dangerous, but you are a bushi. What will you do there?"

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 4:03 am 

Her cheeks get as red as the gates to the Forbidden City at Otosan Uchi. She gives a hint. "Protect something only we, Hantei blooded samurai, have access to. Before it is too late. If I arrive in time."

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 4:13 am 

"Red is a good color on you," she noted, running her fingers through her hair and laying a light one on her lips this time.

When she pulled back, her eyebrows knit a little as she thought. "... The mound?"

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 4:24 am 

A bit surprised with the response, Horonigai curls her lips inside after the smooch, then lays her index over her mouth, mentioning secrecy.

The Seppun lips smile behind the finger. Clearly finding no fault or ulterior motives from Sukima's intimacy. Being pampered as younger sister was a good feeling she never had before.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 7:32 am 

She nodded a little at the signal for secrecy. Then she started the head massage more intensely again and leaned over she she did. Their lips met and she kissed her a little more deeply this time, testing the waters of Horonigai's interest... or those of her confused feelings from the other day, anyway.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 3:16 pm 

Horonigai enjoys that Sukima was treating her so well, and as water have been tested, the intensity of the kiss did make the Seppun blush awkwardly. There was fire within, boiling her up in the same fashion as the tea pot on the fire. Yet, she seems rather confused with the intensity of the gesture.

As Sukima raises back, the younger girl bites her lower lips, looking to her cousin apologetically. She tries her best not to offend Sukima for not replying as energetically. "Neesan is so sweet. But I... anno..."

The Seppun closes her eyes, wincing. "Gomenasai, neh."

--
Etiquette/Awareness +Benten +VP +1 Raise (Avoid Offense): 6d10o10k5-5 17

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 6:24 pm 

She raised her eyebrow, looking some mix of amused and sympathetic. "Why are you apologizing?"

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 11:53 pm 

"Eto." She raises eyebrows. "I want to meet all your expectations about me, but... well. I don't to... cross the line... yet?"

"What I want to do is brush your a bit a bit in return. If you allow me." The Seppun tries to soften it.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 1:40 am 

She poked her forehead gently with the pad of her finger and a smile. "I don't want you to do anything you don't want to. You don't have to apologize for that."

To show her sincerity, she picked up the comb and put it in her hand. "Of course."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 3:37 pm 

"Yosh!" Horonigai says, as if she had just received a family heirloom in her hands. In an instant, she slides behind Sukima, and begins undoing her hair in order to brush it gently.

After a few strokes, she says, "Kawaii-desunee. Neesan's hair color is so different. I wonder if I pained mine it would match this tonality."