It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:42 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Clean-Up Duty [D12, Early Evening]
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 9:13 pm 

Myo-en clamps her forearm around the enemy samurai's neck. The unearthly red glow radiating somehow from the man's body reflects oddly from her tattooed skin, her lean muscles taut as iron beneath. Even returned spirits need blood flow to their brains, it seems, because the sleeper hold is brutally effective; her victim's wakizashi stops slashing ineffectively backward at her and drops from his limp hand as he slumps in her arms.

Myo-en snaps his neck with an efficient twist, drops the body at her feet, and looks at the remaining wounded nearby. All seem to be normal humans, not returned spirits--at least in this light, "And so one more returns properly to the Wheel. You still have a choice, unlike this one--it is not too late for you to choose Ningen-do and Heaven's order over the Realm of Slaughter." Spreading her hands in an inviting gesture that can't help but come off as rather sinister, in context, she adds, "If you still choose the spirit Emperor, go through me first."

A black-winged shape descends from the sky to land on her shoulder...

Some time later...

Isawa Miwako wrote:
Miwako had but one purpose for walking beyond the city walls. She saw that Seppun Horonigai had already brought peace to the remains of the fallen heroes. The Izawa's focus was on their personal effects. Had the enemy left their possessions behind to properly be returned to their families? Or, had they taken them as trophies?

"Miwako-san?" Myo-en waves the hand holding her walking staff to get the shugenja's attention. She's found the spot where the... where, uh... where the earthly remains of Kayou and the others were left. Someone seems to have cut Kashiwagi down, but the others... Myo-en is somewhat out of her depth about what is proper here. A shugenja would really help.

--
Crunch: 4 Imperialist points.
D12 EE Influence--jiujutsu/awareness, VP, 3 CR = TN 30: 8d10o10k4 32

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 10:05 pm 

"They took everything...." she shook her head. "Daisho, scrolls, everything. Nothing was left behind."

She looked up, finally a acknowledging Myo-en. "Ah, Togashi-san."

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced
Status 1.0 | Glory 3.0 | Honor: What's Expected

Carries/wears: Scroll satchel, tanto, wakizashi, jade, cricket

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 10:43 pm 

Moto Baatar wrote:
Moto Batzurig wrote:
"Or the world is fucked, monk, and nothing works like you think. They deserve nothing, not my respect or pity, and I will treat them accordingly," Batzurig chimed in and then ushered his mount onward.

"You're right though, you're no Little Teacher."

"Yeah, it doesn't add up," Baatar agreed. "Even by what you're saying, these guys fighting for Steel Flower were bad and deserve whatever they get."

"We can stop kicking their heads around if that's giving you a stomachache, Kodama-san," he said, in an attempt to indulge the monk's sensibilities. "But it's clear that They Had It Coming."

He bows to them both. "I'm saying, you don't deserve their fate, Moto-samas. I learn what I may every day. If you wish the Little Teacher's words, I have some for all of us. 'Only when you are in the grave will you have nothing more to learn.'" He looks to the pair of them. "Perhaps we will have the opportunity to learn more of the way the world works. I am thankful for the protection you both give as samurai; I will endeavor to mirror them in my teachings within the Brotherhood."

“We tell the tale of heroes to remind ourselves that we also can be great.”

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 5:07 am 

The Hilsilage takes up his spear and dispatches disloyal humans with the memories of a Naga warrior. Eventually he comes across some of his friends.

"Oh, hello Isawa-sama."

Carries: A red and black fan and hat.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 5:12 am 

"Hilsilage-san." She stumbled a bit over the name. "It is good to see you again, even under the circumstances."

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 5:22 am 

"I am afraid the defense does seem to be wearing down under the strain."

The Hilsilage frowns.

"Alas I am quite useless to assist in the defeat of an entire army."

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 5:24 am 

- No more Influence Rolls past this point -

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 5:47 am 

The Hilsilage wrote:
"I am afraid the defense does seem to be wearing down under the strain."

The Hilsilage frowns.

"Alas I am quite useless to assist in the defeat of an entire army."

"I told you before, every effort is helpful." she said reassuringly.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 5:53 am 

With the enemy eradicated from the area Maiya wandered around to look for anything of use that might be found. Try as she might, she couldn't locate a scrap of interest to her.

Annoyed at her misfortune she left to return to the inn. The war appeared to be over. She would celebrate... at least she intended to, until some monks asked her for assistance.

/ Exit

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 6:25 am 

The Hilsilage watches the Kaiu recede.

"I suppose we must do what is in our power to do, and then rest as we are able."

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 6:57 am 

"We serve in whatever way we can." she nodded as she approached what remained of the fallen heroes. She had thought ou there had seen to this, but there was no harm in being certain. Carefully, she began to pray over them and perform the appropriate rites.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 11:18 pm 

Isawa Miwako wrote:
"We serve in whatever way we can." she nodded as she approached what remained of the fallen heroes. She had thought ou there had seen to this, but there was no harm in being certain. Carefully, she began to pray over them and perform the appropriate rites.

Myo-en nods gratefully as Miwako approaches, glad that she doesn't have to figure out how to formulate her request for help. She is not a squeamish person, normally, but these people... Kashiwagi, whom she;d known for years, even if she had never been very close to him, and Kayou, someone whose friendship she considered important even if they were often apart... it's hard to see them this way. Really hard.

She'll offer Miwako whatever help she can use.

((Horo cut poor Kashi down and wandered off without doing anything for the others, I believe :P Probably none of them have had their final rites...))

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 12:59 am 

"I was hoping to find their belongings." Miwako sighed after the rites had been performed. "I have things to deliver to Asako-sama's wife, things he left with me for that purpose and se. But, I do not have those things he carried with him. Nor do I have anything to bring to Kayou-sensei's order or Matsu-sama."

"The spirits took them with them."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 1:02 am 

The Hilsilage searches through the detritus on the battlefield, sifting it with the end of his spear.

"I am sorry, Isawa-sama. It is harder with humans, because they do not return to the Akasha but instead progress through the cycle and judgement or rebirth. We Naga are of no consolation in these times."

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 5:06 am 

Isawa Miwako wrote:
"I was hoping to find their belongings." Miwako sighed after the rites had been performed. "I have things to deliver to Asako-sama's wife, things he left with me for that purpose and se. But, I do not have those things he carried with him. Nor do I have anything to bring to Kayou-sensei's order or Matsu-sama."

"The spirits took them with them."

Myo-en swallows a bubble of anger and shakes herself, shrugging an invisible weight from her tattooed shoulders. Raging at the departed army will not fix the broken balance here.

"Kayou-sensei would not feel sorry about any material belongings, I think," she says after a moment, softly. "Her treasure was not anything you could hold in your hands. But I am sorry for the others. It would have been courtesy to return their swords, at least."

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 5:51 am 

She nodded. "Material items are not significant in and of themselves. What they represent, however, can be important and inspirational to others."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6