It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:50 pm

Post subject: Re: Zero to Hero [D11, Early Morning] (Phoenix Embassy)
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 7:26 pm 

"This is little Wagikashi, my daughter." she smiled proudly.

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced
Status 1.0 | Glory 3.0 | Honor: What's Expected

Carries/wears: Scroll satchel, tanto, wakizashi, jade, cricket

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 9:50 pm 

"Wagi... kashi..." Horonigai repeats, and looks to the baby girl with an enormous grin. "Kawaii-desu-neeeh~"

The Seppun wrinkles her nose playfully while waving her fingers to get the baby's attention, and tells her, "Horo-chan likes your name very much. Make sure to honor it until you can take one of your own, ne."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 1:36 am 

Hachi smiles at the baby. "I said them, because I wasn't sure if it was a boy or a girl. I have encountered those that take extreme issue if you make a mistake on those lines, however innocent."

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 3:22 am 

Horonigai listens attentively to Hachi, and then shrugs. "I'm always making innocent mistakes here and there... some people get mad at it, too. I don't really care much about it. Unless is a matter of honor."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 3:25 am 

"She doesn't get angry." Miwako assured them. "Just a bit fussy from th time to time."

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 3:31 am 

"When can one know if they can... well... talk with the kami?" Horonigai asks, expecting the child to have the same affinities. "Oniisan is a shugenja. But he's older."

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 4:17 am 

"Not this early." she shook her head. "Not unless the connection is extremely strong. Within a year or two, as she becomes more aware of the world, perhaps we'll see signs. She may listen, talk and play with things others don't see. The kami will tell me then. If the connection is weaker, it will take longer."

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 7:55 pm 

Hachi nods in agreement. "Often, there has to be some form of communication - talking, playing, like that. The Phoenix pay a great deal of attention to children for that reason, while other clans often don't notice it until they begin schooling the child, or even later."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 4:02 pm 

"Sodesuka..." She says, trying to remember that for the future. "I don't know how my parents found out oniisan had the blessings of the kami. It is not something we discuss much. But, to be honest, I played with an imaginary friend when I was a kid. Every kid kind of does, no?"

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 4:14 pm 

"Sometimes, they aren't imaginary." Miwako smiled down at the baby. "But, every child is a special blessing."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:33 pm 

"Ja, ne!" Horonigai looks back at both of them and to the things she stamped. "Talking about babies, and raising them, Duty has crossed my mind. I should get back to my affairs and leave you in peace."

Horonigai bows in thanks for the meal, "Gochisousama deshita." She bows another time, thanking them for the company. "Arigatou gozaimashita!"

Then, she bows a third time, excusing herself since she has to leave. "Osakini. Shitsurei shimasu!"

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:53 pm 

Miwako bowed deeply. "Thank you again for your assistance, Seppun-sama. Carry the Fortunes."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:50 pm 

"May the kami guide your steps, Seppun-sama." Hachi gives his usual blessing.