It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:34 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: It's Tay A Tom Ay [D12, LM, Expecting]
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 7:12 pm 

Though the reaction wasn't completely unexpected, Degarashi did still blush at the sheer intensity of Poemu's focus. He had gotten a little carried away in his explanation, though it wasn't as if he was exaggerating how he felt. Still red in the face, he gently scratched his cheek with a finger. "Eto...Aya. Her name is Yogo Aya..."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 7:15 pm 

"Un!" Poemu gave a firm nod. "I recognize the name, even if I don't know her. Tell me about her Bayushi-san. Does she know of your feelings?"

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 7:17 pm 

Steam practically burst from Degarashi's ears as he tried to hide behind the cup of tea he was drinking from. "I've made efforts to make her aware of them, yes. We're currently engaged in a game of letters, though the content of said letters is quite... unconventional..."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 7:21 pm 

Poemu gave a new firm nod. "Un! An exchange of letters... a proper trading of feelings! Ano... I am not certain how I could help more if such an honorable exchange is already occurring. Is Bayushi-san not certain if she feels the same as he does?"

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 7:26 pm 

Degarashi spread his hands out to either side. "I should think after certain moments of our conversation it would be obvious that I doubt my value to anyone. However... I'm less doubtful where she's concerned. Ever since finding my way to the garden, I haven't seen a single thorn in her presence."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 8:01 pm 

Poemu gave a few more earnest nods. "Then I think that, for the moment, you don't need my help at all, Bayushi-san. If, however, doubt creeps into you, or you come across something you don't know how to deal with, you can always come to me, hai?"

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 8:06 pm 

"I shall endeavor to remember such, Agasha-sama. I hadn't meant to stir such emotions with my explanation, so I apologise for any inconvenience or discomfort it caused." Degarashi decided to cover his mouth with some more food for a moment, silently contemplating what he'd just openly admitted about the prickly Yogo woman.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 8:12 pm 

The Agasha shook her head at that, her warm smile returning brightly. "I will not tell anyone, of course, but I thank you for sharing with me. It really wasn't my intent to ask too much of you, but I am honored for your trust."

Changing the subject, she took a sip of her tea and nodded a bit. "A fine breakfast by the way, Bayushi-san. I had been too thoughtful on other things to comment, but you have made quite a meal. Arigato."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 8:17 pm 

"You honor me with your words, Agasha-sama. This one is ever glad to serve when he is called to do so. I don't recall my words ever having brought tears to another's eyes in the past, though." He allowed himself a polite chuckle. "My instructor used to try very hard to get her less experienced students to cry, merely to test the fortitude of their makeup."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 8:19 pm 

Poemu looked a touch sheepish. "Ano... I admit, I am more prone to showing my emotions than many courtier's might be. Certainly I have had to practice quite a bit to keep my On in court while in Lion and Imperial presences. Still, I don't find being emotional to be a hindrance to me, so I am glad that I could convey my feelings properly."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 8:37 pm 

"Imagine my difficulty, having to switch my emotions from one to another by career and hold them at bay anywhere else. The constant shifting of context really takes a toll on one's mind. It's often the source of my sense of humor." He paused a moment. "Though I don't recall seeing you at my rakugo performance back in Toshi no Omoidosu..."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 10:20 pm 

"I am not very good at hearing news like that." She gave a sigh. "It did not help that I was quite busy there, figuring out all that was going on. That makes me zero of two on attending Scorpion performances."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 10:25 pm 

"Certain members of the Crane might suggest that to be a blessing, Agasha-sama." Degarashi's eyes sparkled lightly. Though he kept his expression steady, he was curious exactly how susceptible the Dragon was to expressions of humor like the ones she had missed in his prior performance

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 10:33 pm 

The Agasha gave a silent laugh into a sleeve. "Mmm, perhaps some might, but I see it as a tragedy on my own part. Dragon and Miya lands are not known for their performances, and I had been looking forward to Shosuro-san's play all winter court. To not only miss her rescheduled play, but miss a second when I likely had the opportunity, is saddening."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 10:45 pm 

"I could perhaps put on another performance if that is Agasha-sama's wish, though this being a city still bearing heavy Crane ideals in terms of theater, I've found little interest in a larger scale performance." He took a sip of tea pointedly. "However, rakugo being what it is, that comes as no great obstacle. Needing only the one performer, myself, I could easily each out and discover those who might find interest in a smaller, more private performance. Would you be among that number?"

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 10:49 pm 

The nod was quite immediate. "Of course Bayushi-san, I would be honored to see you perform your art."

Poemu paused, frowning and furrowing her brow in thoughtfulness. "Ano... though... I am curious what is to come next. Nikesake was not, after all, my assignment. I could, of course, stay here until I am given orders to go elsewhere, but a more proactive approach would be to return to Dragon lands, or the lands of another clan where the Dragon embassy is better staffed. It feels like it would be... lazy, to just stay here."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 10:53 pm 

Degarashi shrugged idly. "If we are to move again, such is the way. Another benefit of my art is that I need only coordinate myself from one location to the next. If by chance orders are given, the fortunes might see fit that we arrive at the same location. If not, I should hope Agasha-sama would be so kind as to notify me where she was staying, so that this one could ensure her entertainment of the arts."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 10:59 pm 

"My original assignment was to Morikage Toshi, and I imagine once the city is retaken, I will be there again. The question will be how long that will take, and where I will be in the meantime."

Her warmer smile returned. "You had mentioned visiting Toshi no Omoidoso." Poemu didn't bring up the circumstances, not wanting to open fresh wounds. "Was that like a time off from your lord for the visit, or were you in the area on duty already?"

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 11:05 pm 

"A matter of leisure, visiting family, as I mentioned before." Despite once again referencing his brother, little to no emotion seemed to show through it his features. "Naturally pressed into service, in some regards, once the troubles began. So once this all is ended, I know not where I might end up next."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 11:09 pm 

"Where were you before your visit to Lion lands?" A simple question as Poemu nibbled at some pickles.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next