It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:35 pm

Post subject: [Day 12 Early Afternoon] Network Technicians
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 5:01 pm 

Mei found her way through the streets of Nikesake until she found a tavern that looked suitable enough for her needs. Inside it was quiet and it seemed like no one had been there in some time. She gathered a small meal, enough for a few persons to partake, and sat in the corner, waiting to see if the people she wanted to speak with would turn up.

Carries: Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Yumi (on back)
Rides: Ti-Lu

Post subject: Re: [Day 12 Early Afternoon] Network Technicians
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 6:11 pm 

It will not be long before such a person appears. He quietly and unobtrusively makes his way over to the corner, slips into a seat, and gives a short bow before saying quietly "Miya-san, please forgive the informality, but your message suggested not wanting to draw so much notice, and the proprieties command eyes in a place like this."

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 6:17 pm 

Mei nods at the man and his explanation.

"Welcome. Please, have some food."

Mei takes a bite of rice, emphasizing the offer.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 6:19 pm 

Soon enough, a second person slipped into the tavern and took a look around the room. Corner... always the corner, he thought as he too quietly made his way to the back, took a seat near the other two, and gave a seated and short combination nod-bow to the both of them.

"Good afternoon, dear cousins. One hopes the day has treated one well thus far."

Carries: Fan, personal seal, wakizashi, chopsticks, water bottle, kiseru, small knife, sake cup
Sometimes featuring now: Mamoru the Frazzled Peafowl!
Language Colors: MerenaeThrane
Profile!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 6:27 pm 

Seitouna nods to both before muttering "Consider it refused twice, and I receive it humbly" and helping himself to the offerings.

Business on an empty belly rarely goes well.

Public Profile

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 6:31 pm 

"It has been a revealing morning. Please, have some food"

She motions for Asakuro to sit next to Seitouna.

"Let's get down to it."

"Are either of you two on assignment right now, or are you free to undergo a request from your cousin?"

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 6:40 pm 

"Humbly indeed..." Asakuro added in kind as he pulled from his sleeve a pair of black lacquered chopsticks and used them to take a bit of the food for himself. Expediency and practicality over formality, in front of an Imperial no less - how fun! He listened to the question while chewing on a bite of dried fish and at least did the decent thing and waited to finish chewing and swallowing before responding.

"Assignment? This one was present at Morikage Toshi and is on the lookout for others among the Tortoise delegation that were with him. Orders assigned were all for Winter Court - no more court, no more orders standing, as it were." He reached out with the chopsticks to pick up a ball of rice as he glanced over to his Tortoise cousin.

Carries: Fan, personal seal, wakizashi, chopsticks, water bottle, kiseru, small knife, sake cup
Profile!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 6:49 pm 

Seitouna finishes a piece of fried tofu.

"Much the same. I was working on setting up...connections in Toshi no Omoidasu. Being evacuated hindered that; I'll resume if and when I get back there, but circumstances do not currently permit it. Might be helpful to have something to show for the time."

He looks at Mei.

"And the Tortoise are here to serve the Throne--and its representatives in the Families."

Public Profile

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 6:52 pm 

Mei nods in understanding.

"I have a feeling that we may be moving out of Nikesake soon as well, though I cannot be certain."

Mei takes a small drink and leans back.

"I am sure by now the two of you have seen the pathetic excuse of a court that Nikesake has been holding, as well as the various opinions that are being touted? "

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 6:54 pm 

"Ikoma-chiji's absence has been noted, yes, as has the plethora of opinions."

Public Profile

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 7:11 pm 

"Indeed, the two of us have played witness to many things. The orderliness of 'court' as it was held in Toshi no Omoidoso prior to our evacuation has very much been noticed and noted by this one in comparison to what has been transpiring in Nikesake," Asakuro noted as he picked up a teacup.

"First the business with the Crane. Now the army marching against the walls and... a governor seemingly absent in it all. There is word as of this morning light that the army of spirits even now packs their things, and yet... still an absence. Strange times indeed."

Profile!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 7:13 pm 

"I am glad your eyes and ears have been here to bear witness. You do credit to the Kasuga."

Mei nods to both of them and takes a bite of fish and chews thoughtfully for a moment. She swallows and then says matter-of-factly,

"I need to find out information on those speaking out against Hantei Tokiyo and the Crown Prince. Ideally, enough to be able to either silence them, or pull their strings enough to get them back to publicly supporting her."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 7:33 pm 

Seitouna turns to look at Asakuro for a moment.

Public Profile

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 7:40 pm 

Asakuro took a long draw from the teacup as he listened to the Miya describe what she needed. As he set the teacup back down, he glanced back over to Seitouna before he picked up his chopsticks to fetch another bit of dried fish.

"This is to say that our dear cousins stand by the Dear Empress, then. That is good to know. I do not recall you among those from Toshi no Omoidoso, Miya-san - are you fresh on arrival here in Nikesake? The proclamation delivered from one of your cousin Heralds by the late Hantei's dear brother caused quite a stir here some days ago - curious to know how such news was received from where you rode in from. With the army at the gates, news of outside, as one might imagine, has been quite light."

Profile!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 9:45 pm 

"I left the Imperial City about a week ago, when I first heard the news about Morikage Toshi. I did not hear any news until I reached here. I was informed about the announcement, and I find it to be a pathetic ploy for power. Otomo Ryuji and I share shances with backing the Empress, but Seppun Horonigai seems to be leaning to Sepun Kato. The Imperial Advisor, who is my own lord, believes that the Crown Prince needs to be on the throne."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 11:57 pm 

"Mmm..." he commented, still listening as he chewed on his food. An Otomo in the city? Most interesting... he thought, finishing his eating and taking another rice ball before continuing.

"That may very well be true, Miya-san: the timing of such an announcement is indeed most interesting. But that does not matter much, no? A number have made the same 'ploy' argument in court, Miya-san, but it is a very grave and very serious charge for which very few have had to say much of anything at all about whether or not it is true." He set the rice ball down for a moment, not wanting to chew and talk at once.

"In court they have attacked the man, attacked the timing, attacked the messenger - yet, no testimony offered to contradict the actual charge being rendered, and certainly few here with the stature upon which to either end discussion of the matter or stand and make such bold declarations against the word of not only one of the esteemed Imperial Families but a sitting Governor and the Dear Hantei's own relative. Perhaps the Governor here would have some clout in at least managing discussion, but well... you are already quite aware of the situation as it stands. Has cousin Otomo-sama come to fix that little matter? Courtly order, at least, has been lacking of late," he added with a nod of his head.

"I do not know Seppun Horonigai-sama well, but she does have some stature is my understanding. She does not lean, Miya-san: your Imperial cousin has been one of his more full-throated and vocal advocates stating that Seppun Kato-sama's proclamation is true and correct. That much I, having been in attendance at every court over the past few moons, can report to you here and now. Meanwhile, it does not surprise that the Imperial Advisor would believe such: if Seppun Kato-sama's position is correct, and he rises as the new Hantei, then I imagine she would not be his choice for Imperial Advisor." He picked up the rice ball with his chopsticks again.

"You have had chance to speak to her? Surely she must know and be aware that the Crane of this city have been in these same courtly discussions quite vocal supporters of the opposite, the Hantei of the Past." And he popped the rice ball into his mouth.

Profile!

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 12:05 am 

"Indeed, I have spoken with her, though not at length. Truth, I am one of her own personal retainers, having been brought into her household guard some half year ago."

Mei helps herself to something green and mixes it with her rice, taking another bite, saying nothing about the assessment of the legitimacy of the Crown Prince, or the Advisor's position.

"The many inconsistencies and divided loyalties are what concern me the most here, Kasuga-sans. I believe that it is a far greater threat than even the Army who has just passed by. A divided empire falls."

A sip of water.

"And that is where I may be in need of the two of you. I am certain you have skills, as well as connections, that I do not, or can not possess. Can I assume that you would be willing to take on certain tasks if I were to give them to you?"

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 4:00 pm 

Seitouna, who has been eating, raises an eyebrow.

"I might agree to help a friend, Miya-san." He takes a drink. "But what a person in your position cannot do that one such as I can eludes."

And the haughty tone does not serve well in such matters as this, he thinks as he puts more rice into his mouth. But, having food in hi, he says nothing of it.

Public Profile

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 4:30 pm 

"I have a great deal of respect for the Tortoise and this skillsets. I find there are many abilities they possess where I am lacking"

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 4:35 pm 

"A personal retainer? And you mention an Otomo cousin present? Then an idea, perhaps, Miya-san. The Imperial Advisor, along with much of the Winter Court delegation from Morikage Toshi, is here in Nikesake. Unless you have heard otherwise from the capital, she is still the Imperial Advisor, yes? Could she perhaps be beseeched by you and Otomo-sama to address the court here?" he asked, setting aside his chopsticks again in favor of more tea.

"As one that has spent much time around not only the courts in Otosan Uchi but directly in the Imperial Household with court out of session, she would know much about the Dear Hantei and the going-ons of the Household. I cannot say of those that have been openly proclaiming support of the Steel Chrysanthemum, but I would think the Imperial Advisor, with not only stature but with presence in the Household, would have direct contact and knowledge to be able to quell Seppun Kato-sama's proclamation as hearsay and slander and might prove a powerful message to get those that believe his testimony to see that it was very much in error." Another long draw from the teacup.

"A start in reigning in what has become a somewhat chaotic court absent other leadership or direction. And before other measures might be considered."

Profile!