It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:22 pm

Post subject: Day 12 [LA] Sorry Is The Hardest Word
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:03 pm 

Otomo Ryuji walked the Crane Embassy looking for Seppun Horonigai. He stood outside of the door and was about to scratch.

Why am I even here? This is foolish.

He stood there and let out a sigh and he turned to walk away.

Honor: Untrustworthy • Glory: 2.0 • Status: 3.5

Theme

Post subject: Re: Day 12 [LA] Sorry Is The Hardest Word
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:41 pm 

A black cat meows at the corner of the corridor as Ryuji turns, and slowly walks toward his direction.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:19 pm 

Ryuji noticed the cat and he stooped down.

"Hello little one." he greeted, rubbing his fingers together as if he had something in his hand to pique the cat's curiosity.

Theme

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 4:24 am 

Kuchihige looks at his hands and gets nearer, curious to what would be there. A treat, perhaps?

The feline gets close enough to sniff his hands, potentially not too close to escape if necessary.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 9:06 am 

Ryuji produced an almond cookie that he saved and allowed the cat to sniff it.

“I suppose your master is around little one. I shouldn’t have let feelings get in the way. Like you, I was curious but there was no such treat for me. Only hurt. Is what it is eh, little one?”

A few crumbs fell from the cookie.

Theme

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 1:30 pm 

Kuchihige-sama meows loudly in reply, as if offended: saying it has no master. Then, he sniffs at the cookie again. As the crumbles fall, it softly strikes the dust with a black paw making sure it wouldn't move again, and then licks it.

A door behind the Otomo slides open. "Kuchi-," Calls out the Miharu, but stops seeing a man nearly crouched in front of her to correct, "Konnichiwa!"

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 1:40 pm 

Ryuji stood up and bowed.

"Konichiwa, Seppun-sama. I...I was sharing a cookie with the cat..." he was startled and took a moment to compose himself.

Theme

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 5:38 pm 

She bows to him, clad in armor. "Otomo-san, I hope Inari-kami has been kind."

With a stern look to the cat, she says. "Kushihige-sama has been most rude. Importuning people in the corridor like that. I suggest he goes to his cozy little bed to think on his actions." Then, she points to the room.

The cat nonchalantly walks inside with cookie crumbs on his whiskers, and then scoops in one passed the door.

Horonigai smiles back to Ryuji and bows, again, apologetically, "I'm sorry the cat disturbed Otomo-sa--" The Seppun stops and looks around, realizing this wasn't Nikesake Castle.

She tilts her head, asking, "Eto. Have you moved in?"

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 5:54 pm 

"Iie. I was...well...I was...passing through, again."

Ryuji was not usually one for a loss of words but somehow he didn't have a proper excuse partly because of his pride and the other was his attraction to the Seppun.

"I suppose I was checking out the...safety of the embassy."

You're better than that Ryuji! Tell better lies damnit!

Theme

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 6:04 pm 

"Safe-ty..." She repeats his words, blinking at the courtier. The Seppun are excellent investigators. Lying to them was incredibly difficult. Ryuji showed an absurd lack of sincerity. Yet, it was actually cute.

She frowns at him. "Ara! You're no bushi to check for such things. You're being useless, Otomo-san. Now, help me with my armor, will you?"

She turns around and holds her hair up.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 6:13 pm 

"Can we at least do this inside the room Seppun-sama? And I take exception to being called useless. I just find it a bit difficult to address a certain matter with you."

Theme

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 6:28 pm 

"Certain matter?" She chuckles, "It is just tying up a knot at my back, ne! Otomo-san."

"Hai, hai. Let's get inside. Douzo, douzo." She lets her hair down again and looks at him over her shoulder while walking back in. "Close the door, onegaishimasu."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 6:33 pm 

"I meant what was said last night, Seppun-sama. With Miya-san." Ryuji replied as he shut the door. He gently caressed her hair and began to style it in a ponytail then to a knot.

"You didn't know that my mother was a Matsu?"

Theme

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 6:37 pm 

She blinks, even if he can't see. Horonigai wasn't expecting a ponytail, but a well tucked in knot at the back of her armor.

The girl giggles, enjoying the feeling, and then regains On just in time. "Iie. I did not. Forgive me if I should. We talked about a lot of things lately, and I remember you mentioning something about the Lion, but not being the son of a Matsu."

A shrug. "What's that supposed to mean?"

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 6:43 pm 

"I know that the Lion and Seppun Kato-sama have some differences... be that as it may, it doesn't matter."

Ryuji was not happy with the ponytail and restarts it.

"Would you prefer this tucked in or a top knot Seppun-hime?"

Theme

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 7:39 pm 

A delightful goosebump runs up her spine and she shivers a bit. Horonigai replies in regards to the hair, "Anno... I trust Otomo-san hands to make whatever is best. Ganbatte kudasai."

Pursing her lips and wiggling her eyebrows at the treatment –– sure that he wasn't seeing that –– Horonigai comments to the affirmation he made. "Eto. I don't think Kato-dono has issues with the Lion. He's the Governor of Toshi Ranbo. Plenty of Lion samurai there. He's an honorable man. Intelligent, too. Perhaps too much of the latter. If he went to a point to share such information with the Miya, it is bec--"

"Eto..." She stops, figuring out why Ryuji was acting odd the other evening. "Otomo-san... I... I only spoke sincerely while we were having tea, neh!"

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 7:59 pm 

Ryuji was still being careful with her hair preparing it for her daily duties. Once he got the hair braided and tucked, he turned and faced her. Ryuji was careful to stand one arms distance from her.

"Seppun-sama, I respect your sincerity and I should have better understanding of that. There was no need for me to take offense. You are well within your station to have your stance. You spoke and lived your truth. I am no one to take any exception to it."

Ryuji bowed deeply to her, making eye contact with the floor.

Theme

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 9:14 pm 

Horonigai smirks at a hair so well done and prepared. As Ryuji spins her around to face him, the Seppun widens her eyes, surprised at man's daring move. That was definitely a good way to make her pay attention to every detail.

At his bow, she takes another moment to measure it up, and says, rather softly. "Ne. Otomo-san... I thank you for helping me with my duties, and for the sincerity you give to me, when you choose to do so."

The Miharu sighs for a moment, and exclaims, "Saa-saa. I need you tell me how I look. Stop staring at the floor!"

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 9:44 pm 

Ryuji stood and met her eyes.

"You look very prepared for your duties today."

She is beautiful...

Ryuji sighed and took one step back to get a full look at her.

"You are indeed both beautiful and powerful in the way you look Seppun-sama."

Theme

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 9:51 pm 

"Yosh!" She cheers, and as if she had a Yume in hand with an arrow at the other, Horonigai pulls the imaginary bow while aiming at Ryuji. In a heartbeat, she closes one eye to have a better aim, and shoots: saying with a small pout on her lips,

"Fwosh!"

She keeps the wink along with a growing smile.