It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:29 pm

Post subject: More shopping [D12, LM, open]
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 8:56 am 

Hachi is walking down the street, slowly, leaning on his staff as he goes. He is stopping at each shop that is open, and looking at it, comparing what it is offering with what he might be looking for.

Post subject: Re: More shopping [D12, LM, open]
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 5:52 pm 

"Ohayou gozaimashu, Isawa-san!" A familiar loud voice comes from nowhere, greeting the shugenja. "I hope Inari-kami has bleesed you. Whatcha looking for, hm?"

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 8:39 pm 

"Good morning, Seppun-sama." He gives a bow. "I have need of paper, of course. If I am to do that painting for you, I must practice the characters first, hai?"

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 9:20 pm 

That big smile creeps back onto her face. She nods, making sure the vendor heard her quite well. "Haaaaai! Isawa-san. Paper for calligraphy. Un!"

Horonigai looks at vendor-san with anxious eyes. "Hayaku! Get the best material you have for Isawa-san's magical handwrite."

She claps for the commoner a couple of times to add an extra boost.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 10:13 pm 

Hachi blinks at her actions.

He has wandered the Empire for the past year and a bit, and had sometimes forgotten what the higher ranking samurai were like with commoners.

"If you have any that are blessed, as well, I would look at those."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 10:23 pm 

For honesty's sake, it wasn't specifically to commoners that Horonigai did that. She looks up to the skies and then back to the holy man. "Blessed papers... that's something I don't often think everyday, neh..."

After tailing off, she reconnects, asking the Isawa, "Is paper a good thing for the earth kami?"

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 9:06 am 

"Not specifically, though some uses are there. It is more for me to copy certain prayers and other writings I have. While some would consider prayer scrolls sacrosanct, unfortunately, others are keen to destroy them. So, I try to have copies of my most important ones."

He looks at the selection the shopkeeper brings out, but shakes his head. "None of these are of high enough quality. Perhaps another shop, Seppun-sama?"

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 6:20 pm 

"Thank you, vendor-san." She tells the attendant with a smile and points to a writing kit she was checking while the man went off to fetch the paper, "I'll get this bundle here for myself."

She handles over a heavy coin purse, and trusts the vendor gets what he needs back to her. With the exchange settled, she points her fan outside, asking him. "Anno, does vendor-san know where we could find the papers Isawa-san is mentioning?"

Happy to be of service, the man tells them how to get to another store, which he says it is not so good as his, but that could have it.

"Ikimashou!" She points her fan outside while smiling to the Isawa.

--
Courtier/Awareness +Benten: 4d10o10k4 25

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 10:26 pm 

Hachi smiles, and nods his head. He opens the door, and allows the Imperial to proceed him out. As they walk in the direction indicated, Hachi asks "Do you need a kit, or is it for supplies to refill one you already have?"

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 11:42 pm 

"Eto... iie... I merely wanted to get something from the vendor-san. This way this war won't go so harsh on him. He was diligent enough to our request." Horonigai looks to the kit and back to Hachi, offering him with both hands. "I know they are of inferior quality, but they'll be much more useful in Isawa's hands. Douzo."

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 1:37 am 

"I have a kit of my own. I am sure you can use it as well." He refuses as is only polite.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 3:23 am 

'Ara, ara. Isawa-san said he was out to find paper to write characters for me. Iie, I would like Isawa-san to have this kit, so I am no more of a nuisance than what I'm already being, neh!" She extends her arms again, "Accept, onegashimasu."

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 3:45 am 

"But the kit I have is sufficient. Why not use it yourself, so when we part, you may paint the kanji yourself?" And thus a second refusal.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 3:48 am 

"Ara! It will never be the kanji created by an expert earth shugenja. It is from the heart that I offer. Take it and let's go see those blessed papers, onegaishimasu," She insists, and bobs her head toward the next shop.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 7:59 pm 

"How could I refuse such a gift, then, clearly meant from the heart?" He takes the box, and carries it, as they enter the next shop. This one seems to interest him a little more.

"Yes, those papers, there. They are appropriate." He gestures at a stack.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 12:07 am 

"Ha-ai!" She replies and looks hurried to the other vendor. This one, though, is at ease, and carefully takes the papers to wrap them up and deliver to his clients.

She looks at Hachi, closer and wonders. "For some reason I think I've seen you before, Isawa-san."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:40 am 

Hachi thinks this through. "Other than yesterday, you mean? The last major events I was at were winter court in the Hare lands, and the wedding in Sparrow lands a few years ago."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 2:26 pm 

She nods with a smile. "Hai! Hai. Muy cousin Jento's wedding. I was there. That's why I thought you looked familiar."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:44 pm 

"I have not returned since then. But I am wondering, did they have any further trouble with the swamp? Myself and some of my clanmates cleansed it of the foulness within, I only hope it did not return."

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 3:08 am 

"Hai. Hai, It was Isawa-san. Thank you. The swamp is fine. I mean, after the Naga incident... I didn't know there were lingering effects." She smiles and settles things with the vendor.