It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:10 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Clean-Up Duty [D12, Early Evening]
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 3:10 am 

Tamaki and Hitoshi arrived to help. Though Tamaki couldn't do much, she could give Hitoshi blessing of the air kami.

Hitoshi understood what needed to be done. He made sure other could see him when struck down the ashigaru. Having been under a vow of silence for so long, he easily let his blade speak for himself, showing the glory of the Empire over these Toshigoku infected spirits.

+4 Imperialists points.

Background

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 3:11 am 

Togashi Tetsu wrote:
"Then you have not applied yourself," the Togashi lectured, "Do not allow weakness to settle within yourself, lest it spread."

"Ahhhh I see that famed Togashi wisdom is with you Togashi-san." He replied his voice taking on a hint of amusement "I will think on what you have said."

There was a pause for a second before he asked "So what shall you do now?"

When appropriate: Light Armor, Yumi

Profile Mask

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 3:29 am 

"I cannot think of a Togashi who lacks in 'Togashi Wisdom' nor the proclivity to share it." Tetsu looked to the sky. "Perhaps that is what our founder had hoped. But that is pure speculation."

Tetsu looked around their immediate surroundings and then back to the city's castle. "In the immediate future, my goal is to deliver this daisho to a Lion so that it may return to its rightful place."

Typically Carries: Robes (Reinforced when Appropriate)

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 4:01 am 

Moto Baatar wrote:
"Well, I know it's not as glorious as winning a proper battle, but we had to kill them, otherwise when they recovered, they would've just tried to kill us again," Baatar said in a reasonable tone while he flicked blood and gore off of the blade of his scimitar. "I know that's not how monks behave, but we are warriors, and that's the way of the world, eh? You don't really think they would behave any differently if they had the chance, do you?"

"If my enemy planned on shitting on my corpse and serving me to my relatives for dinner after I died, I still wouldn't play...ball...with their heads were I to get to them first, Moto-sama. I'd want them dead, certainly. All the more so. But we should be striving for our better selves, not our enemies."

“We tell the tale of heroes to remind ourselves that we also can be great.”

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 4:29 am 

Moto Batzurig wrote:
"Tomorrow then, sayyeda," he said with that same smug bloody smile.
Horonigai barely opens her eyes to look at the Moto pair, then she reattaches the mempo, and bows to them, saying. "Tomorrow."

Suzume Chihaya wrote:
Shaking her head, she turned from the chaos, now that the matter seemed settled, heading toward the city.
The Seppun turns around and moves faster to catch Chihaya as she moves to the city, following her along.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 4:37 am 

Chihaya paused, a bloodstained bird of prey, still tense, if only a little.

She took a moment to carefully untie her mempo, before asking, in a quiet voice.

"Seppun-hime. How can I help?"

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 4:39 am 

Batzurig shrugged and got atop Bashiru and said to Akemi, "Thank you, sayyeda."

He then guided his noble steed towards Baatar and the monk.

Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse "Bashiru", Moto Scimitar

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 4:45 am 

Suzume Chihaya wrote:
"Seppun-hime. How can I help?"

"Eto... nothing really, just getting back to the city.""

A few additional steps and she says, "Ne, Suzume-san. Do you think and over reacted?"

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 4:58 am 

Chihaya paused her strides, taking in the young miharu, and then said, simply, "I don't know. It depends on what you were reacting to... though perhaps your chosen tactic was... less effective."

With a faint smile, she added, "Though Moto-san did seem to enjoy himself - I wonder if perhaps you may have tendered him a marriage proposal, from the way he took to you."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 5:09 am 

"N-nani? M-marriage?" Horonigai eyes widen looking at the Sparrow, as her muffled squeals come from behind her mempo.

"They were being disrespectful!" She points her hand back to the Moto, trying to justify herself while frustrated with the feedback. "He had disrespected me before in court, that... that... "

The Imperial replace the swear words with a snarl.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 5:34 am 

"Barbarian? Foreign samurai with strange customs... who hasn't grown up in the empire?"

Chihaya smiled gently, an odd sight from a woman who was caked in the blood of other men.

Taking off her helmet, she ran a finger through her hair, enjoying the fresh air drying the sweat. It was cold, but she liked that.

"They were being uncouth, and I don't doubt that in time there will be trouble - there will be conflict as we teach these Unicorn our ways. But also keep in mind, they fight well, and they seem to support Seppun Kato - sometimes we must display courtesy by ignoring the failings of others - uncomfortable though they might be."

Gesturing to the charnel field, she added, "I would not wish my dead despoiled in such a way - but the usurper's army put my friend's head on a spike. My former general did that... denied a proper funeral to soldiers who carried her to victory against the Naga. In these times, we will have to make allies with those we find... distasteful. I have met with this Moto more than once - I believe he is willing to learn, provided we do not dismiss his ways out of hand."

A weary sigh. "You haven't yet been burdened with the things I have seen and done, and your indignation does you great credit, Seppun-hime. All you need is more time to consider your response, before you leap into action. Please do not take this as my disapproval, only my desire for you to reach your fullest potential."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 5:49 am 

"Un!" She sinks the veteran's wisdom on her mind with a confirmation nod. "If they are willing to learn, and show support to Kato-dono... Hai. I'll do my best to show... well... c-courtesy."

She's a considerable failure at that tenant in Bushido. It is known.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 6:14 am 

"Hai. It is not easy - but in the end you attract more bears with honey than vinegar - and in this case, I suspect the allegory might directly apply."

Shaking her head, she gestured toward the two horsemen. "Yet the Empire could use a counterbalance to the Lion - it just would be nice if that counterbalance didn't play games with dead bodies. I think they may need some time to learn the... spiritual follies they exhibit."

Shrugging, she resumed her walk toward the town, a little slower. "Still... I appreciate you taking the time to remove those abominable stakes. We will ensure that they are properly burned so their spirits may pass on with no regrets."

Drumming her fingers on the hilt of her blade, she remembered she had sheathed it still bloody, and sighed. That would be a pain to clean later.

"You are unhurt I hope - there was not much of the enemy left, yet it takes but a single unfortunate strike to lay even a mighty hero low."

Last edited by Suzume Chihaya on Sat May 02, 2020 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 6:30 am 

Wasako had joined in late to the efforts to clear the area from the invaders. It was perhaps a sight to see, especially when there were so many samurai of different colours who were butchering people in a unique fashion for different purposes. If anyone from the outside were looking at them, it would almost seem like they were the ones who were infected by Toshigoku and merely performing a normal pastime...

However, it was something that needed to be done, if at least to give some semblance of security and order for the locals. She didn't find pleasure in it but it was a necessity. While wandering around the fields to find some stragglers, she had noticed two ashigaru who linger around a campfire that had a pheasant on a spit. She drew her sword and charged at them, intending to make this quick for them at the very least. Unfortunately for Wasako, she hadn't taken notice of the terrain during her run and stumbled on a suddenly steep slope on the hill before falling forward.

The ashigaru cried out in shock and quickly made their escape down the hill, counting themselves lucky. One of them even turned back to snag the pheasant upon seeing that they still had some time before the Dragon could get up again.

Day 12, Early Evening: Kenjutsu/Awareness for Traditionalist with 3 raises called (TN30), void spent 3/4: 8d10ro1o10k3 24

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 6:52 am 

Togashi Tetsu wrote:
"I cannot think of a Togashi who lacks in 'Togashi Wisdom' nor the proclivity to share it." Tetsu looked to the sky. "Perhaps that is what our founder had hoped. But that is pure speculation."

Tetsu looked around their immediate surroundings and then back to the city's castle. "In the immediate future, my goal is to deliver this daisho to a Lion so that it may return to its rightful place."

"Oh you might be surprised Togashi-san, I've met all kinds in my travels and yeah most Togashi fit the bill of whats expected, wise, a little odd, and prone to sharing lessons with strangers whether they ask or not. But I've met a few who believed it was through the body and not the mind that you reached enlightenment and were more prone to sharing work out plans than wisdom. Damn good fighters though." He said before turning back towards town.

"You shouldn't have a hard time finding a lion inside the city walls. Come Togashi-san, looks like its almost done here. By the way my names Bayushi-Chen, nice to meet you." He said with a small, quick bow.

When appropriate: Light Armor, Yumi

Profile Mask

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 7:08 am 

Kodama wrote:
"If my enemy planned on shitting on my corpse and serving me to my relatives for dinner after I died, I still wouldn't play...ball...with their heads were I to get to them first, Moto-sama. I'd want them dead, certainly. All the more so. But we should be striving for our better selves, not our enemies."

"Well, I was striving to better my polo skills," Baatar said in a wry tone. "But if it will make you happy, we can put that off for another day. I'm sure there will be more battles to come."

With that, the Unicorn sheathed his scimitar and bowed slightly to Kodama from his saddle.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 7:09 am 

"Ha! An ox can haul a far greater load than I can for much longer but I would not call it Enlightened." Tetsu composed herself and lifted an eyebrow at the Bayushi, as if waiting for his interpretation.

"I figured I would deliver these to the lord of this town. Though I would find it in the nature of a Lion samurai to see it done." The Togashi returned the bow with a curt one of her own. "Togashi Tetsu."

Typically Carries: Robes (Reinforced when Appropriate)

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 7:34 am 

Moto Baatar wrote:
"Well, I was striving to better my polo skills," Baatar said in a wry tone. "But if it will make you happy, we can put that off for another day. I'm sure there will be more battles to come."

With that, the Unicorn sheathed his scimitar and bowed slightly to Kodama from his saddle.

"I'm sure your lord appreciates your multi-tasking abilities. But please. For the sake of your path along the wheel. Does it have to be with a person's head?"

He shakes his head. "I'm not trying to be happy Moto-sama. If I was doing that, I wouldn't be here."

“We tell the tale of heroes to remind ourselves that we also can be great.”

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 8:56 am 

Batzurig fell in next to Baatar but said nothing just looking down from his steed.

Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse "Bashiru", Moto Scimitar

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 10:10 am 

Kodama wrote:
"I'm sure your lord appreciates your multi-tasking abilities. But please. For the sake of your path along the wheel. Does it have to be with a person's head?"

"It doesn't have to be a person's head, but it helps," Baatar helpfully Unicornsplained. "A piece of wood wrapped in leather can work, also, but it doesn't quite have the same bounce."

"And thanks for your kind thoughts about the, uhh, 'wheel'," the Moto added, though the way he phrased it, it was clear that he didn't have much understanding of what exactly Kodama meant. "But I don't have that much control over what happens after I die. All we can really do is live our lives while we're still alive."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next