It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:04 pm

Post subject: Day 12 [Late Evening] Ugh Monks! I'm Going To Get Clean!
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:31 pm 

Ryuji resumed his regular schedule of a nighttime bath. It was a welcomed relief to the day. He didn't care to tend to some monks or other refugees. He set his items in a place where he could find them and entered the hot bath to cleanse and relax.

Honor: Untrustworthy • Glory: 2.0 • Status: 3.5

Theme

Post subject: Re: Day 12 [Late Evening] Ugh Monks! I'm Going To Get Clean!
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 2:25 am 

"Clean-up duty" was quite naturally a very dirty business, as it turned out, and an exhausting at that. What better way to relax at the end of a long day then a nice soak in the baths? Asakuro spent quite a long time scrubbing and washing himself, not for the ritual of it but for the practical matter of getting the dirt and small specks of blood out of his skin from the hours of trudging through the fields and taking care of the Steel Chrysanthemum's last remaining forces outside the city walls.

After washing, he entered the bathing area and, perhaps mindful that there was another in the waters already present, moved quickly to get into the baths opposite of them and hide the vibrant and colorful tattoos covering his torso. He submerged briefly before coming up, moved his long hair out of his eyes, scooped a handful or two of hot water onto each shoulder.

"Konbanwa," he greeted as he leaned back to settle into the bath further. "These waters are quite hot yet pleasant - a welcome surprise to come when fresh hot rocks have been added."

Carries: Fan, personal seal, wakizashi, chopsticks, water bottle, kiseru, small knife, sake cup
Sometimes featuring now: Mamoru the Frazzled Peafowl!
Language Colors: MerenaeThrane
Profile!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 2:52 am 

“Konbanwa.” Ryuji greeted and continued relaxing.

Theme

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 3:25 am 

"This one is Kasuga Asakuro," he introduced himself as he continued to settle in. "To whom do I owe the pleasure of sharing this wondrous bath with this evening?"

Carries: Fan, personal seal, wakizashi, chopsticks, water bottle, kiseru, small knife, sake cup
Profile!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 3:47 am 

“Otomo Ryuji. An honor to meet you, Kausga-San.”

Theme

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 5:31 am 

A name among the Imperial cousins he recognized? Unfortunately not. All the same, he bowed his head in response.

"The honor is this one's, Otomo-sama. Forgiveness, but I do not recall hearing of you from those that were at Toshi no Omoidoso a few moons ago as this one was - have you been here at Nikesake for the winter or are you freshly arrived?"

Profile!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 9:10 am 

“That would be correct. I am one of the new arrivals as it were.”

Theme

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 6:28 pm 

"A pleasant journey, one hopes," he replied with a nod of his head. "This one came from Toshi no Omoidoso, and before that, Morikage Toshi as a delegation member. You come to the city at a most interesting time, Otomo-sama, and I imagine you have had time to hear of all that has transpired here and prior over the past few moons."

Profile!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 6:35 pm 

"Oh I have. I was on my way to court and I did not make it. It was a good thing that I did not. Cannot believe this horrible business we are dealing with."

Theme

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 7:23 pm 

"Most unfortunate business indeed, Otomo-sama. In Toshi no Omoidoso, Governor Shimizu-sama made both our initial accommodations and the requisite departure from the city orderly at least. Nikesake, as it has been, is pleasant enough of a city on its own. The good news to be reported at this late hour is that the army of spirits outside the city have indeed well and truly departed, whatever stragglers remaining being taken care of." A scoopful of water or two over the shoulders.

"From what this one witnessed of the cleanup operation, however... certainly not done in any sort of orderly fashion or direction, as it were."

Profile!

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 10:21 pm 

"Hmmm...Interesting... Though I question why the sudden abdication of position. Not to sound like a tactical person or conspiracy theorist, but I wonder what could possibly be next."

Theme

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 12:22 am 

"It has left quite a few confused, to say the least. They were at the gates, and I think many in this city not only expect but were actively preparing for a siege of some kind, short or long, and instead at first light those watching from the walls witnessed them starting to move in the distance, and by afternoon they were said to mostly be gone. They are said to be marching south, as it were." He sat for a moment, considering something.

"They might march for the capital, or the Castle of the Emerald Champion at least, if they are indeed heading south. Perhaps Nikesake was but a stepping stone in that plan. The city still stands, however: surely they must consider that their rearguard might now be exposed to Lion reinforcement once they come face to face with the Legions."

Profile!

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 1:54 am 

“It is unsettling. I still believe that there is more to come but what.”

Theme

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 12:52 am 

"On that, I cannot say." A shoulder shrug, another pouring of hot water over them.

"Since Otomo-sama was not able to make it to court, will he be staying in Nikesake for very long? One imagines that, with the army no longer pounding at the gates, the only threat to a journey elsewhere is the remaining frost and the mud from all of this rain."

Profile!