It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:31 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Day 1, Late Afternoon] Contemplation
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:32 pm 

"You are too kind Agasha-sama, thank you" Homura bowed, then when Poemu lowered her voice and spoke behind a fan there was a smirk and whispered words in return.

"A mystical creature coming to challenge the Phoenix and leaving disappointed? It certainly seems a believable one, ne?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:39 pm 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
"You are too kind Agasha-sama, thank you" Homura bowed, then when Poemu lowered her voice and spoke behind a fan there was a smirk and whispered words in return.

"A mystical creature coming to challenge the Phoenix and leaving disappointed? It certainly seems a believable one, ne?"

Poemu laughed nearly silently into her sleeve. "I must confess, I've known very few Phoenix, and my family shared few stories. Still... I would suppose if any clan had mystical visitors, it would be them, hai. As for the disappointment... I had heard that kenku are quite hard to please indeed. Are there any stories of one visiting the Ikoma that you can remember?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:56 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
Poemu laughed nearly silently into her sleeve. "I must confess, I've known very few Phoenix, and my family shared few stories. Still... I would suppose if any clan had mystical visitors, it would be them, hai. As for the disappointment... I had heard that kenku are quite hard to please indeed. Are there any stories of one visiting the Ikoma that you can remember?"

There was a grin as Poemu laughed. She gazed at Poemu then around the garden as she thought for a moment. (ooc: LS1 activated - targeting Poemu)

"You must not have heard the story of Ikoma Noriko, a duelist of small renown from the second century who outsmarted a Kenku."

It sounded totally believable.

D1 LA Ikoma totally had a kenku! Sincerity(deceit)+gullible+Ikoma Shadow 1: 7d10o10k5 33

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:07 pm 

Though Poemu didn't believe the story, she also didn't believe there was any sort of maliciousness to it either. Giving another giggle behind her fan, she shook her head. "Ikoma-san certainly is one for tall tales... though perhaps I would have believed it more if the Ikoma had married the kenku instead. It would certainly explain Homura-san."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:08 pm 

Yasuki Yukarin wrote:
Well, at least that was a thought she had as she walked over to a frozen over pond that interested her.

Sukekage glances over at the Crab as she passes, heading toward the pond, and stands to speak up.

"Ah, do be careful, Crab-san," he says. "The footing around that pond can be precarious. Just yesterday I witnessed an unfortunate visitor take a bad step, ending up going through the ice into the cold water. It was not, I gathered, a particularly pleasant experience..."

"It is not in my nature to be a villain, and one must remain true to one's nature."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:12 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
Though Poemu didn't believe the story, she also didn't believe there was any sort of maliciousness to it either. Giving another giggle behind her fan, she shook her head. "Ikoma-san certainly is one for tall tales... though perhaps I would have believed it more if the Ikoma had married the kenku instead. It would certainly explain Homura-san."

Phew, I don't have to make a quick awful story up on the spot.

"Marrying a Kenku? What a curious idea. I would love to see how someone would explain that to the Nakodo. Ah yes, Nakodo-sama, I do indeed intend to marry this...crow" Homura giggled "I can assure you that it is both honourable and male!"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:19 pm 

Poemu gave a curt nod as they continued to walk. She kept her voice low, but lowered her fan so she could gaze around at the garden. "Perhaps it is a Dragon thing, to not see such things as too strange. Having spent time in Lion lands for some time now, I can only agree that your lord would surely rush you off to a temple if you told him such."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:33 pm 

"My Champion would. My daimyo? I would almost think she'd go along with it just to see if it was true" There was a shake of the head "I heard much about the uniqueness of the Dragon, however would they truly be so accepting of such an unusual union? I cannot help but be curious how such a marriage would go when it came down to the sacred duties of marriage."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:41 pm 

"I confess, I know little about the spirit realms or their denizens Ikoma-san. Besides, I am already married, so I can hardly ask." She paused thoughtfully, then brightened a bit. "I had heard actually that a member of my delegation had been trained by a kenku. Had you a chance to meet one Togashi Iko?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:45 pm 

"Trained by a Kenku? Interesting. I know of Togashi-sama, as she was part of your Winter Court delegation, but thankfully we have not had the chance to cross blades. Unfortunately, we also haven't done more than trade pleasantries" Homura had a thoughtful expression "perhaps you could introduce us? I'm sure she is as delightful as you are."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:49 pm 

"I am not sure I could do any better to say how she is, but I could most certainly introduce her when I find the opportunity. Like many Togashi, she is quite hard to understand, though she is... different, even more than most already are. As you said after all, she carries a blade."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:55 pm 

"They do say no two Togashi are alike, however I wasn't aware that the Togashi order trained for Iaijutsu" Homura said thoughtfully "I was given to understand it was mainly a monastic order? Forgive me if I have misunderstood something there Agasha-sama, I just wished to understand the Dragon better."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:59 pm 

She gave a light laugh at that, not bothering to hide it this time, though they were rather secluded at that moment as they walked. "That is to believe that the Agasha understand them any better than the Ikoma do. As it stands however, I believe Togashi Iko-san is trained by the Mirumoto, not the Togashi. It is strange to think of, but I can see very few other ways she would get her training. Perhaps she's always been kenku trained?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:12 am 

"Unless she is married into the Dragon maybe. The usual ways to tell are not there from what I saw of her" Homura held up her arm, her sleeve much longer showing that she was unmarried "do the Togashi marry?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:14 am 

"Some do, hai. Some take vows against marriage, as monks are wont to do, but..." She trailed off, thoughtful a moment as they walked. "...I feel it would be highly strange for a bushi to marry into them all the same. Perhaps I will have to ask Togashi-san when next we speak."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:17 am 

In another part of the garden, Matsu Kōgyoku was honouring the garden's original purpose - reliving a harsh lesson. Regardless of the nature of the lesson, she approached it like a Matsu - sword (this time wooden) in hand. Her environs were of snow, but her form was of fire as she was performing an aggressive kata. Whoever was imagined on the receiving end likely wouldn't like to suddenly incorporate.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:17 am 

Yukinaga's conversation partner seemed to be come interested in the Yasuki woman who wandered near the ponds. He decided to do some wanderings of his own, their business for now was at a neat conclusion. With a soft word of farewell he moves to explore the gardens.

As he wandered about the garden he saw it had indeed filled with quite a few faces. He came across a fiery matsu woman practicing her forms. He determined her to be a magistrate and one with such fire....he had little doubt as he approached her

"I worry for whoever you have fixed in your mind at this moment Matsu-sama." He said by greeting with a small upturn of his lips.

Carries: Daisho, Tanto
When appropriate: Light Armor and yumi with arrows

Theme Profile

Last edited by Bayushi Yukinaga on Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:36 am 

"Are you not worried for yourself coming this close?" Her heart had skipped a bit as it suspected... But she wouldn't act on suspicion, and she wouldn't have left the form unfinished in the first place. So only after the defining strike had been made did she tilt her head to glance at him, more composed than when he had smiled.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:01 am 

He watched as she finished delivering each blow decisively, slaying her phantasmal opponent again and again. As she stated her question his smirk remained "My honor shields me from fear as surely as it guides my blade." He said quoting a letter he wrote her a few years ago while he fought on the front lines quelling the rebellion in scorpion lands.

Carries: Daisho, Tanto
When appropriate: Light Armor and yumi with arrows

Theme Profile

Last edited by Bayushi Yukinaga on Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:38 am 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
"Some do, hai. Some take vows against marriage, as monks are wont to do, but..." She trailed off, thoughtful a moment as they walked. "...I feel it would be highly strange for a bushi to marry into them all the same. Perhaps I will have to ask Togashi-san when next we speak."

"I would not wish to intrude on clan secrets, so if Togashi-sama does not wish to share her history with me then I would be fine admiring her mysterious ways from afar" there was a chuckle from the Ikoma woman "I do wonder what vows your champion would have though. I do not believe he's married?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next