It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:54 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Clean-Up Duty [D12, Early Evening]
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:15 pm 

Batzurig grinned, his lip busted, but he saw an opening and used that to his advantage and overpowered her and then used that to throw her aside and he laughed rubbing his blood from his lips. He then spat out blood and said, “Such Compassion, sayyeda.”

OOC: Round 2/3 gain control, use action to Throw to throw her feet and break the grapple. Void down damage to 6, soak 4 so 2 wounds.

Jujitsu Contest: 6d10o10k3 20

Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse "Bashiru", Moto Scimitar

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:18 pm 

Akemi finally reached the two brawling samurai as Batzurig threw Horonigai, thankful the man had broken it up instead of done something stupid like fight.

She moved between the two and said simply "Enough!" Standing in a way to block Horonigai getting easy access to her (much larger) kin.

(Going to guard Batzurig - -5 to my TN (so TN36) to give Batzurig +10tn)

Init if needed:
D12 EE init (in case it's needed): 8d10o10k5 43
Defense stance - TN41-5 from guard is 36 (31 without armour)

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:24 pm 

Chen had arrived just in time to see the throwdown begin. Everyone got all concerned and rushed to stop it but he simply stood his expression unreadable behind his black oni mask.

When appropriate: Light Armor, Yumi

Profile Mask

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:25 pm 

Swept off her feet by the Moto, she landed prone on the battered mud with her behind. Horonigai raises to fight again, and sees Akemi dashing in to protect Batzurig.

On the other side, the Seppun sees more people gathering around. The Imperial assumes a defensive stance just to make sure there wouldn't be further counter attack, and with a pouty look, shouts,

"FINE!"

--
Stance: Full Defense
[Round 3: Defense/Reflexes: 6d10o10k3 33 - WRONG DICE POOL]
Round 3: Defense/Reflexes: 5d10o10k3 21
ATN: 36 (25+11)

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:46 pm 

Batzurig shrugged and said, "If sayyeda wants an apology it can be done, over tea like proper samurai."

He gave her a bloody smile and added, "I agree to this."

Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse "Bashiru", Moto Scimitar

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:02 pm 

Oh thank the kami.

Akemi relaxed a little as the Imperial woman took a defensive stance, and Batzurig approached the situation correctly. She wasn't sure why an apology was needed, but this was a more acceptable route.

She didn't say anything yet, waiting to see what Horonigai would say.

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:12 pm 

Slowly, Horonigai straightens herself up. After hearing Batzurig's proposal, she crosses her arms again, and turns her head with eyes closed in a harrumph to positively say,

"I don't particularly mind having tea."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:15 pm 

"Tomorrow then, sayyeda," he said with that same smug bloody smile.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:38 pm 

Kodama wrote:
He frowns, shaking his head, "We rejoice in being alive, hai. But mimicking them is to mimic those who've been claimed by Toshigoku, Moto-sama. There is glory in defeating an enemy, but this wasn't victory. This was the enemy deciding to move on towards easier prey."

"It is through our deeds that we show others how sincere we are when we speak. Why would those who might seek a different path ever speak with us, if they see that this is how we treat those who are at their weakest, simply because we were opposed to each other?"

"Well, I know it's not as glorious as winning a proper battle, but we had to kill them, otherwise when they recovered, they would've just tried to kill us again," Baatar said in a reasonable tone while he flicked blood and gore off of the blade of his scimitar. "I know that's not how monks behave, but we are warriors, and that's the way of the world, eh? You don't really think they would behave any differently if they had the chance, do you?"

Matsu Eika wrote:
Eika looked dismayed. She was an honorable Lion, or was supposed to be but something inside drew her to want to defend Baatar. She judged the distance, and knew how fast she and her cats could move if things got ugly. For now, she waited..

From what Eika could see, although Baatar had his sword out, he didn't seem like he was about to fight Kodama. In fact, it looked like they were talking.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:45 pm 

Eika walked over stand near Baatar, an acceptable distance away, but closer. The two warlions brushed against them in an intricate path seeming quite pleased.

Accompanied by lions Seiji and Kaori
Carries/wears Light Armor, Daisho, no-daichi, koan about perseverance in the face of failure, the book "Akodo's Leadership"

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 12:26 am 

As Chihaya reached them, it seemed it was all over.

At least... nobody had gotten stabbed.

Panting for breath, she glanced around the killing field.

it seemed largely empty now - the job mostly done.

There was nothing for it at this point.

With a sigh, she rested her hands on her knees, taking lungfuls of air - finally remember to remember her mempo for that purpose.

Enough of this. She wanted a bath.

Shaking her head, she turned from the chaos, now that the matter seemed settled, heading toward the city.

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 12:36 am 

A wounded samurai stood between Tetsu and some frail ashigaru. All but Tetsu were aligned to the Steel Chrysanthemum. "I will not let you harm them... Wait, I know you. We spared your life, Togashi-san. Spare ours as well."

Tetsu cracked her neck from side to side. "You shouldn't have let me live if you weren't ready to face the consequences." Then her knuckles. "Besides, that leg will never recover. I'm doing you a service."

The monk rushed forward, body checking the samurai with such force that the tree behind him shattered.

"Why?" one of the ashigaru pleased, "We were only following orders."

The Togashi sauntered over towards them and then past them. She started removing the now-dead samurai's daisho. "Very well. Go to your master, tell him that the Empire has not knelt yet. It will only bow to one stronger enough to tame it."

---

D12 EE TotVD TN 15: 4d10o10k3 15

D12 EE Jiujutsu/Awareness TN 25, TotVD +1k1, 2 CR, Separatist: 7d10o10k4 37

Three Separatist Points

Typically Carries: Robes (Reinforced when Appropriate)

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 12:52 am 

Chen shrugged as he saw the fight end in an invitation for tea. How peculiar but the show was over it seemed so he got back to the work at hand yumi out he went to find others that needed dispatching.

Togashi Tetsu wrote:
A wounded samurai stood between Tetsu and some frail ashigaru. All but Tetsu were aligned to the Steel Chrysanthemum. "I will not let you harm them... Wait, I know you. We spared your life, Togashi-san. Spare ours as well."

Tetsu cracked her neck from side to side. "You shouldn't have let me live if you weren't ready to face the consequences." Then her knuckles. "Besides, that leg will never recover. I'm doing you a service."

The monk rushed forward, body checking the samurai with such force that the tree behind him shattered.

"Why?" one of the ashigaru pleased, "We were only following orders."

The Togashi sauntered over towards them and then past them. She started removing the now-dead samurai's daisho. "Very well. Go to your master, tell him that the Empire has not knelt yet. It will only bow to one stronger enough to tame it."

Chen approached the monk casually "So you were a prisoner huh?" He asked, his voice pleasant and light "How'd yo- oh wait a sec." He pulled up his yumi and aimed at some figures fleeing south slowly he released 3 arrows one after the other in rhythmic fashion and a couple seconds later the figures fell to the ground.

Chen nodded before turning back to Tetsu his black oni mask hid his expression during the whole process but his voice sound friendly enough "Sorry about that. So how'd you escape?"

-------------------

d12 clean up duty kyujutsu/ref 2 cr tn 25 vp +1k1: 9d10o10k4 38(should have been awa but doesn't change the roll)

3 separatist points

Profile Mask

Last edited by Bayushi Chen on Sat May 02, 2020 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 1:04 am 

Another arrow flies, another ashigaru dies, and the Tortoise nodded. Over to his left, a distraction. Enemy moving forward instead of backwards? He looked. No... mischief among those from the city, a wrestling match of sorts, the Unicorn playing games. He shook his head. All was well among those from the city. Refocus, refocus. Walk the Eight again as you were taught. Asakuro inhaled, then exhaled, finding his center again.

Ashibumi. Left foot planted, facing his intended target. The line drawn, and the other foot moves into position.

Dozukuri. Asakuro aligned his shoulders and straightened his back. No, straighter. He straightened up even further, arched as straight as he can be.

Yugamae. Arrow gripped in one hand, bowstave in the other. The ashigaru continued to run. He turned his head towards them.

Ushiokochi, The bow raised above his head.

Hikiwake. Outward went the bow in his hand, arrow and bowstring brought back with the other to the side of his face.

Kai. He drew the string back to just behind the ear, as far back as it would go.

Hanare. The Tortoise held his breath. Calm. His hand let go - the arrow flew.

Finally... zanshin once more. Asakuro held his position, staring down the line, waiting to see if another shot would be needed. Exhale. He held, but there was no need to do so, for now second arrow would be needed - the mark is true, the ashigaru fell. Thwack. Thump. And once more the Tortoise stepped forward to retrieve and inspect yet another arrow.

Carries: Fan, personal seal, wakizashi, chopsticks, water bottle, kiseru, small knife, sake cup
Sometimes featuring now: Mamoru the Frazzled Peafowl!
Language Colors: MerenaeThrane
Profile!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 1:06 am 

Bayushi Chen wrote:
Chen approached the monk casually "So you were a prisoner huh?" He asked, his voice pleasant and light "How'd yo- oh wait a sec." He pulled up his yumi and aimed at some figures fleeing south slowly he released 3 arrows one after the other in rhythmic fashion and a couple seconds later the figures fell to the ground.

Chen nodded before turning back to Tetsu his black one mask hid his expression during the whole process but his voice sound friendly enough "Sorry about that. So how'd you escape?"

The Togashi glanced at the approaching Bayushi and then his arrows. She smirked and gave a curt bow. "Impressive, Bayushi-san. The bow is a useful weapon indeed, one that I shall learn when the opportunity arises." She rolled out the shoulder that had collided with her victim. "Though be sure not to become too focused on it at the expense of your sword arm."

She looked down at the daisho she had collected. They were useful weapons but not her way. "I waited, as the Togashi often do." She smirked. "Well, I had to recover from my wounds. By then, I had observed their movements long enough to make my escape."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 1:16 am 

Chen shrugged a little "I am less of a swordsman then some, more than others. If it comes to it I can hold my own well enough. I prefer my opponents be dead before it comes to that though. I can be a bit clumsy at times." He said with a small chuckle.

Hearing her tale of escape he nods "Gives me heart then, that some of the captives from my clan may still yet escape."

Profile Mask

Last edited by Bayushi Chen on Sat May 02, 2020 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 1:22 am 

"Tell me, Bayushi-san, you seem aware of this shortcoming. Do you accept it for what it is or do you seek to improve?"

The Togashi looked towards the retreating ashigaru. She pursed her lips in reflection and then turned back to the Scorpion with her.

"They will escape if they have the strength and will to do so."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 1:25 am 

Chen chuckled a little again "I've trained my whole life to be a bushi, had sensei after sensei try and beat it out of me, just seems to be part of who I am I guess. Got two left feet as some would say."

Profile Mask

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 1:31 am 

"Then you have not applied yourself," the Togashi lectured, "Do not allow weakness to settle within yourself, lest it spread."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 3:06 am 

Miwako had but one purpose for walking beyond the city walls. She saw that Seppun Horonigai had already brought peace to the remains of the fallen heroes. The Izawa's focus was on their personal effects. Had the enemy left their possessions behind to properly be returned to their families? Or, had they taken them as trophies?

"Death to those who'd follow a false Empress!"

A nameless ashigaru threw himself at her, but she bodily lifted him off his feet and slammed him to the ground.

"Heresy!"

She felt the man's ribs crack beneath her hand as he tried to spit on her. Taken aback by her own unexpected anger, she stumbled away as he continued to curse at her.

Ignoring him and everything else, she took out a scroll and called for the kami's aid. A moment later, the tattoos on her forearms began to swirl and she moved across the battlefield like the wind, continuing her search.

- - -
Clean-Up Duty [D12, Early Evening], Influence, Jujitsu/Awareness, 1 CR, TN 20, VP +1k1: 5d10o10k3 19
Fail
0 points

Fluff investigation roll above.

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced
Status 1.0 | Glory 3.0 | Honor: What's Expected

Carries/wears: Scroll satchel, tanto, wakizashi, jade, cricket

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next