It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:49 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: [D11 EA] Red Wedding: A Play in Four Acts
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 5:25 pm 

He watched her carefully for a moment. "Fade, yes, but they never vanish. The stain of their existence persists in some small way no matter how one cleanses their influence. But it does start taking greater and greater efforts to see the traces which are left over." Degarashi looked up at the stage quietly. "Moments like these will help them cleanse their stains. I decided it best if I not impede the process with my proximity."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 5:31 pm 

"Indeed?"

A faint laugh.

"You weren't the one who... well... Never mind."

Taking a deep breath, she let it out slowly, trying to cast out the remaining adrenaline from the memory.

"It was a fine performance by all."

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 5:39 pm 

Degarashi raised an eyebrow at the half opined admission of some unknown event. Knowing better than to ask, the Scorpion instead gestured vaguely at Horonigai. "Hai, hai, the nekohime did nearly cost me my eyes with that...I wouldn't precisely insult the word dance, but it passed quickly enough." He smiled. "It was fun, however, standing up on stage without the pretense of decency holding me back."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 7:14 pm 

"I did notice you seemed to be enjoying your role."

She glanced at him, and added, softly, "You seem determined to convince yourself that you are scum. I wouldn't think someone who truly was... would need to. I suppose that is how I make you feel... oppressed by the pretense of decency?"

Her gaze was piercing, and her words begged a question.

-----

Courtier/awa manipulation to tease truthful opinion from Degarashi, voided: 7d10o10k4 39

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 7:30 pm 

Kaiu Maiya wrote:
What an enjoyable play! Maiya wanted to cheer at the conclusion, but she managed to stay politely quiet.

Coming down from the stage, still in costume, Yukarin went up to where Maiya had been watching, making sure to walk around the space the Imperial was using for her impromptu dance that had started before the cast had even started their thank yous.

"So, how did you enjoy it, Kaiu-san?"

She stayed a little more formal, mindful that this was a public setting and she was slightly representing Shosuro-sama as an actress still.

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 8:03 pm 

Suzume Chihaya wrote:
"I did notice you seemed to be enjoying your role."

She glanced at him, and added, softly, "You seem determined to convince yourself that you are scum. I wouldn't think someone who truly was... would need to. I suppose that is how I make you feel... oppressed by the pretense of decency?"

Her gaze was piercing, and her words begged a question.

-----

Courtier/awa manipulation to tease truthful opinion from Degarashi, voided: 7d10o10k4 39

There was a prolonged silence as Degarashi stared into Chihaya's eye, trying to gauge her angle, probe for any deceptive intent or ulterior motive.

Etiquette (Courtesy) vs Courtier (Manipulation): 6d10o10k3 29

But he found nothing. So he sat, his body relaxing in tandem with the mental defenses he kept up around himself.

"You confuse me. Anytime I look at someone and interact with them I look for angles of attack, directions from which I might manipulate them. It's ingrained, habitual. I adopt every role I might ever play all at once; hero, villain, victim, oppressor... But am none of them in truth. I do not know who lies beneath the masks I wear, if anyone truly does anymore." He took in a deep breath and sighed. "I am attracted to you, and wish to share an intimacy with you that few others ever see. Perhaps it's your adherence to honor and propriety that attracts me, and perhaps it's your refusal to give in to my advances that keeps me coming back. If you ever gave in, laid yourself bare to me in a way that invited the same...I fear that you might run from what you observed, and prove for good I am what I have made myself to be."

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 8:10 pm 

She examined the man in silence.

After a long wait, she finally said, simply, "I need not share a physical intimacy with you for us to show one another who we truly are. Indeed, I suspect such a physical intimacy would be but another mask to conceal the spirit."

With a faint smile, she added, "Perhaps you are worried if I gave in, I would no longer be what you were pursuing at all."

Dipping her gaze to the fan she held, she added, "Perhaps you are worried that there is still some good part of yourself, and that if you find out as much, you might put it at risk."

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 8:35 pm 

He chuckled softly. "It's a mask I'd gladly wear, just for the opportunity."

The other words, however, froze him in place for a time as he weighed them against himself. "Perhaps there is some truth to what you say. I may yet fear the loss of such perfect illusion in the face of reality."

Between posts Orokos broke, so Degarashi wasn't able to roll Sleight of Hand to add to the fluff as he leaned in to kiss Chihaya's cheek, then said, very quietly. "If I knew the truth of love, I might profess mine for you, but I'll not offer a gift wreathed in lies."

And then /Batman exit

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:01 pm 

There was no dramatic response, after all, the man was very sneaky when he did it, and Chihaya wasn't about to make a scene.

Unfortunately her restraint also meant he escaped slapping range before she could respond, so she settled for opening and examining her fan, a little pink, partially from embarrassment, partially from anger.

He was getting cheeky, wasn't he...

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 5:44 am 

His bows with his fellow castmates done, the Tortoise wandered over on-stage to his naga counterpart to greet them.

"Shakanar-san, I must say... it was a pleasure to be able to put on such a splendid performance alongside one of your kind. It appears that the performance overall went very well from what I can tell. You appear to have picked up on the Rokugani style of acting not only quickly but your performance was most admirable - moreso than mine, I will admit, with my knowledge more on the side of artistic criticism of the act rather than performance of it thereof," he admitted with a slight and short laugh. "Did you have any difficulty in mimicking our style? You appeared to be almost quite the natural in it."

Carries: Fan, personal seal, wakizashi, chopsticks, water bottle, kiseru, small knife, sake cup
Sometimes featuring now: Mamoru the Frazzled Peafowl!
Language Colors: MerenaeThrane
Profile!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 6:10 am 

Chihaya rose, and seemed torn about going forward to congratulate the cast, and then for some reason changed her mind, turning and slipping out without making a fuss.

/exit.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 6:58 am 

Yasuki Yukarin wrote:
Coming down from the stage, still in costume, Yukarin went up to where Maiya had been watching, making sure to walk around the space the Imperial was using for her impromptu dance that had started before the cast had even started their thank yous.

"So, how did you enjoy it, Kaiu-san?"

She stayed a little more formal, mindful that this was a public setting and she was slightly representing Shosuro-sama as an actress still.

Maiya's eyes lit up as she noticed Yukarin approaching her. She sat up a little taller, a little more alert, giving Yukarin a bright happy smile before bowing to her in greeting.

"I enjoyed the play very much Heroine-sama. Your performance was exceptional. It was an honour to witness it, and it is another to, ano, be in your presence. A truly memorable moment of light during bleak times."

She sat back up with a grin, one hand playing with her hair after saying all that. It had been a little silly of her to say all that, sort of emulating some of the script as she had, but the play had given her a high and it was hardly improper. Still, she felt a little self conscious.

With a slight blush she set her hands both down in her lap as she calmed herself.

"Thank you for inviting me Yasuki-sama. I do not often get to enjoy such a good story with such excellent performers."

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 10:41 am 

"It was more energetic an experience than I had expected, which is a good thing, I think. Subtle and nuanced theatre can have its time and place, but I think right now... well, like you said, a light during bleak times."

She sat down near Maiya, glad to be off her feet for the first time since that morning.

"I had so many doubts, and those last minute changes threw me. But I suppose adaptation is a skill all samurai should have."

carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 5:41 am 

"And doubt is something to overcome, desho?" Maiya chipped in, turning her body to face Yukarin now the other woman was sitting down with her.

"I can't believe there were changes last minute. You all seemed super well prepared."

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 6:37 am 

"Nothing too major; I hear this version was an adaptation, so I suppose I'm not too surprised there might be some tweaks here and there. Especially with everything happening around here. I think it ended up well."

She looked around at the assembled people, "And everyone seems to have enjoyed themselves. Some more than others I suppose. Do you think Shakanar-san did well as the Champion?"

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 9:39 am 

"Hai. I really didn't expect a naga to take part, but he did the role justice, ne? You worked well alongside him. How was he in rehearsals?"

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 9:44 am 

"He is very polite, and very interested in learning more about the Empire and the Clans and such. He said he is very old, but the way he acts I almost more think of a curious child..."

She looked to see where he was before leaning in a bit to Maiya, "Please do not tell him I said that though; I am unsure if he would misconstrue it as a bad thing, when I do not mean it as such."

Rin leaned back up, "Anyways, I do hope to have the chance to be in a play again in the future. I know I've wanted to try acting in a draw lot play some time, after I saw one in the autumn."

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 9:47 am 

The bushi gave a good couple of nods. "Of course Yasuki-sama. I wouldn't say anything to him."

At the mention of draw lot plays she patted her knees and smiled. "They are lots of fun, ne? The worse the acting is the funnier they are. Ano, your talent would be wasted in them, but you would probably enjoy being part of one."

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 9:51 am 

"I dunno; I kind of like both sorts of people that were in the draw lot play I saw. It was the way everyone kind of rolled with things that made it the most entertaining to me. Maybe it was because we were in Yasuki lands, but I thought some of the actors in it were pretty good, in an over-the-top kind of way. And I think I could have fun with that, being part of it, not just watching it."

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 9:59 am 

"Something to look forward to when this is over then, ne? It'll be nice. I'll make sure you're okay and my cousin and I will get you back safe and sound Yasuki-sama." She stopped as she realised something. "Ano, or are you not heading back straight away when the enemy are driven away?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next