It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:19 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Day Eleven - Early Evening] A Fruitless Return
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:54 pm 

Wasako's gaze went to the peasant and the wagon and she wasn't exactly in a hurry to go anywhere. At the moment, it was like a strange peace found after a horrible ordeal. She tried to not drift too much in her thoughts, especially what had just happen, but instead accepted the present as it was now. The peasant was a source of focus.

"Once you've drawn your sword, the decision and intent has already been made. I think there is greater wisdom required in owning a sword and deciding when to draw it at all. Not all conflicts should require a drawn blade but admittedly, many can only be answered with one," she sighed.

"However, there is balance found in all actions. I won't preach either that there is a life out there where one can abstain from the other. There is just...a consideration found in all things. How one action may lead to another. Life is complex, and I've found it to be more complex now that I'm not at the dojo..." she shook her head.

"...but, I will do my best to trade what knowledge I have on the matter. I'm sure you're probably more well-traveled, Unicorn-san."

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:05 pm 

Batzurig replied, “Seen many places, killed many people… seen great and terrible things.” He nodded to the peasant and then got back to guiding his steed. He continued, “There is always more to see, more to learn as far as I see it.”

He glanced up and said, “Once blades are drawn it is do or die, and rarely do I find a warrior willing to relent, young or old. Blades in hand make all equal to the Gods of Death. No matter how good you are, death will come for you and sooner than most if one takes to the glory of battle. I have no illusions that out there somewhere is a blade or arrow or worse with my death etched into it.”

“They will have to earn that kill,” he laughed grimly.

He added with curiosity, “Life is complex, sayyeda, it sounds like you have had an experience to make that point more so? I admit, my wisdom in such things as balance is minimal, or even consider how one actions leads to another. Perhaps that is the simplicity of the Moto way.”

Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse "Bashiru", Moto Scimitar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:56 pm 

"Your fearlessness about death is admirable, Unicorn-san. I can only imagine you and your family must be fearsome in battle," she nodded at that. "I don't know if I would consider it a pleasure as much as you do."

She sighed after brushing a bit of loose grey hair behind her ear. "No, I haven't really had that much experience outside of the Dragon lands. And I know that I am out of my depths here. But even not going through as much as you, I think I can easily make the conclusion that life is complicated."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:06 pm 

“You make me sound like an elder, sayyeda, I have seen, but nine and ten summers,” he said to the woman.

“Are Dragon lands so different from anywhere else? People live, they die, the in between can change but we all want similar things? Chance to do right by those that matter, be honored and given glory for our successes, and pass on good names to those that come after?”

“If you are out of your depths, you carry it well just like you carried that samurai,” he responded.

“Since you are warrior, even if peaceful warrior, do you remember your first kill? I recall mine, it was not so clean nor even all that brave. Bandits, and I was old enough to ride with them and they needed the numbers. My cousin caught one unawares but he did not go easy and I stuck him in the back… it was surprisingly easy. Very easy to kill a man, that always stuck with me, sayyeda,” he said turning his thoughts inward at the memory.

Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse "Bashiru", Moto Scimitar

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 1:44 am 

"No...I suppose it isn't so different here than the Dragon lands. There are more people here in one place than I'm used to but I think I'd say the same thing in I was in Shiro Mirumoto. And it was the honoured Bayushi Setsuna that carried Kitsu-dono as far as they did. I merely helped out when it didn't seem like they had enough strength to continue. They did most of it..." she trailed off thinking back on the fate of Setsuna and couldn't help but shake her head, they had gotten there but it seemed that fate was spiteful. The Fortunes were not on their side.

"...Hai" she said on a reluctant note. "I suppose there was a time when there was a wandering ronin who thought it was a good idea to buy all of the alcohol in town only because he could. It wasn't very hard because there wasn't much, just a few koku's worth. He did get a bit out of hand and got violent, angry and unhinged. My sensei and I got there when he started terrorizing the town. It didn't end well, not for him. I didn't intend to kill him...he just happened to run into me with his sword drawn..."

She shook her head. "It's a bit hard to get fancy when your only instinct is fear."

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 1:48 am 

"Hah, fear keeps you alive, sayyeda," he responded.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 1:55 am 

Miwako was distracted from the moon by the Kitsu daimyo's demeanor. She could imagine the thoughts the woman was burdened with. Unfortunately, the Iisawa could provide no healing in that regard.

"Moshi-san." She turned her attention to the Centipede. "I am honored to meet you, as well. It was fortuitous that you were here to aid Kitsu-sana and Mirumoto-sama."

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced
Status 1.0 | Glory 3.0 | Honor: What's Expected

Carries/wears: Scroll satchel, tanto, wakizashi, jade, cricket

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 2:46 am 

Wasako nodded solemnly on that note, not too bothered that her story about unintentionally killing a drunk ronin wasn't exactly much to brag about around other bushi. Especially, not a Moto bushi. "I suppose I am here now. Perhaps, in that case, a trained blade could avoid death altogether. There was really no telling what other direction that day could have gone but at the very least, you must take all experiences as lessons."

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 3:03 am 

Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
Wasako nodded solemnly on that note, not too bothered that her story about unintentionally killing a drunk ronin wasn't exactly much to brag about around other bushi. Especially, not a Moto bushi. "I suppose I am here now. Perhaps, in that case, a trained blade could avoid death altogether. There was really no telling what other direction that day could have gone but at the very least, you must take all experiences as lessons."

"You survived, and you made a good kill, I see that as a good tale to be proud of. Any battle you can walk away from in my book is a good one, even in failure there is always room for vengeance,” he replied looking up to her.

“As laoshi, your experiences are what give the next generation strength, it is known.”

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 3:35 am 

"Of course," she nodded firmly on that note. "It was the initial reason why I had come here, to find experiences and knowledge so that I could become a better samurai and teacher. Admittedly, the Lion lands are just the first step. We shall see if my sensei had anything further for me after I report my findings here."

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 3:36 am 

"Which do you prefer staying put or staying on the road?" he asked.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 4:09 am 

Wasako gave big blinks at the question, as it was something she hadn't considered before until he asked her. "...I haven't been on the road for very long and I've stayed put for most of my life...It's not something I could be so sure of yet. I would say that the road is more interesting and I do have several ideas where I could go, if I am allowed."

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 4:18 am 

Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
Wasako gave big blinks at the question, as it was something she hadn't considered before until he asked her. "...I haven't been on the road for very long and I've stayed put for most of my life...It's not something I could be so sure of yet. I would say that the road is more interesting and I do have several ideas where I could go, if I am allowed."

"I only know of the Imperial capitol, and the Unicorn lands plus some castles... so where would you go if you had your say, sayyeda?" he asked.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 4:35 am 

She pursed her lip in thought. "I...I would consider the Scorpion lands, at least in one part of the land where I had a late acquaintance of mine mention that there was a bath visiting. An expensive bath, but one still visiting. There is also the Crab lands both for their own mountains and the Wall. I could consider the Imperial capital as well, as I can barely imagine an even bigger city than this one. I'm trying to get more ideas of where I could go, even if that freedom isn't necessarily mine, given my duties and the state of the Empire. What is there in the Unicorn lands?"

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 4:41 am 

"Beauty and freedom, sayyeda," he said warmly. "My honored cousin, Soshi Khulun told me of a great forest near the Scorpion holdings. She and her husband patrol there, it sounds beautiful with good hunting."

The embassy was coming into view.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 5:03 am 

Isawa Miwako wrote:
"Moshi-san." She turned her attention to the Centipede. "I am honored to meet you, as well. It was fortuitous that you were here to aid Kitsu-sana and Mirumoto-sama."

"I was just there and I saw people in need," says Yuko. "This recent days have seen so much suffering, I wanted to help where I could."

Personal Effects: Wakazashi, satchel of scrolls and writing equipment

Often accompanied by Ha, her personal scribe

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 5:08 am 

Moto Batzurig wrote:
"Beauty and freedom, sayyeda," he said warmly. "My honored cousin, Soshi Khulun told me of a great forest near the Scorpion holdings. She and her husband patrol there, it sounds beautiful with good hunting."

The embassy was coming into view.

"Beauty and freedom? Are there any places worth visiting in the Unicorn lands? A village or a shiro?" she asked curiously. "I wonder if my travels would take me past the Soshi forests...I can't say I'm a hunter myself but even seeing different regions would be a treat in itself."

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 12:50 pm 

"We just arrived, there is Dark Edge Village, and many beautiful places that I do not have names for, if sayyeda needs a name before she can go then wait a few years,” he said chuckling.

“Everyone can hunt, well maybe one day you will see every corner of the Empire.” He guided Bashiru to a gentle stop and added, “The Unicorn lands are worth visiting, just as I am sure the Dragon mountains are worth visiting.”

He offered to help her down.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 4:33 pm 

"Oh, that's right..." she murmured with a small bit of embarrassment, realizing that the Unicorn had just recently returned. Even if they didn't have towns and cities, there were probably forests, lakes and mountains that didn't have names to them yet. She did live in a rural area but at least they had definition on the maps. "Perhaps it might be best to see your lands before they get a name, if only to imagine what they could be called. That would seem interesting at least."

She did a double take and realized that they had arrived to their intended destination. The Dragon embassy had their storm shutters put into place and some entrances haphazardly piled with furniture. She nodded and accepted his help off the horse as she didn't want to yank down the horse's mane to get down. "Thank you, Unicorn-san...I don't think I got your name?"

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 4:37 pm 

"Moto Batzurig, sayyeda," he replied helping her down.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next