It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:36 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Day 11 - EN] Unicorn Court 2: Kumis Boogaloo
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 1:23 am 

"Hello, Kaori! Hello, Seiji," Baatar said, as each lion was introduced. He crouched down low and avoided direct eye contact with either one of them, in order to avoid appearing like a threat. "You're both such very handsome looking lions," he said in a soothing voice.

Matsu Eika wrote:
"Would you like to see them up close?" The Matsu sat between her charges petting them with great affection.

"Sure, if you think they would allow it," Baatar said, though his eyes shone with obvious interest in the beasts. "I wouldn't want to push more quickly than they're ready for."

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 3:37 am 

Kaori sniffed at Baatar's hand, and with an encouraging sound from Eika, headbutted against his hand and side affectionately. Seeing his mate found the newcomer welcoming, Seiji circled around Bataar to nudge and lick at the Unicorn with his rough tongue.

Eika stuck her hand in the layers of her kimono. The two lions' eyes went immediately to the mistress. They froze, rapt with attention. She pulled back out the kemari balls and offered one to Bataar.

'Want to play, Bataar-san?' Her voice was soft purr as she whispered to him.

Accompanied by lions Seiji and Kaori
Carries/wears Light Armor, Daisho, no-daichi, koan about perseverance in the face of failure, the book "Akodo's Leadership"

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 3:40 am 

Batzurig was pleased to see his kin having a good time, the large cats were interesting as well but less so than seeing his kin enjoying the night.

He drank more and sunk more into his thoughts.

Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse "Bashiru", Moto Scimitar

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 5:35 am 

Matsu Eika wrote:
Eika stuck her hand in the layers of her kimono. The two lions' eyes went immediately to the mistress. They froze, rapt with attention. She pulled back out the kemari balls and offered one to Bataar.

'Want to play, Bataar-san?' Her voice was soft purr as she whispered to him.

Emboldened by Eika's invitation, Baatar's eyes were bright as he reached for a kemari ball. His hand brushed against hers for a moment as he did; his sun-darkened skin was rough, but hot to the touch.

The young Unicorn tossed the ball from hand to hand for a moment, drawing the rapt attention of the war cats. "You want this?" Baatar asked with a playful grin. Then he tossed the ball towards Kaori.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 6:03 am 

Eika blushed as Baatar's hand came in contact. She smiled warmly though, rather enjoying herself and at ease.

Both cats were fully focused on Bataar and that ball. They wanted that ball. They knew this game, though. As the ball sailed to Kaori, she batted at it roughly in the direction of Seiji. Seiji stood, lunged, and caught the ball with his fangs, then with a toss of his maned head sent it back in the direction of Baatar.

"Good job!" Eika praised her cats. "You have to watch out for Seiji some times, he doesn't always like to share," her teasing tone and his name being called got an indignant chuff out of Seiji. "I don't know if you noticed Bataar, but the claws can be pulled in. Save that one." She pointed a distance up Kaori's leg, at the dew claw.

Eika gently pried Kaori's mouth open so the fangs showed. "Bites are a lot stronger, they go for the back of the neck as you saw with that bull." Eika pointed to the back fangs then pulled a corner of her own mouth back, "lions are built different than us or dogs, or many animals even. They can only stomach meat and fish. Though, they sometimes eat a bit of grass if sick." She let go and Kaori licked her lips.

"Here," she pointed on the back of the skull, "a young lion will have extra skin to be carried by its mother. Makes them limp. Do not try on an adult."

Carries/wears Light Armor, Daisho, no-daichi, koan about perseverance in the face of failure, the book "Akodo's Leadership"

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 6:44 am 

Matsu Eika wrote:
Seiji stood, lunged, and caught the ball with his fangs, then with a toss of his maned head sent it back in the direction of Baatar.

Baatar caught the ball, being careful to keep his hands well clear of the fangs, then tossed it back in Seiji's direction. They continued to keep the ball in the air for quite some time "Wow, they're really good at this!" he marveled.

Matsu Eika wrote:
Eika gently pried Kaori's mouth open so the fangs showed. "Bites are a lot stronger, they go for the back of the neck as you saw with that bull." Eika pointed to the back fangs then pulled a corner of her own mouth back, "lions are built different than us or dogs, or many animals even. They can only stomach meat and fish. Though, they sometimes eat a bit of grass if sick."

Baatar listened with rapt attention as Eika showed Kaori's teeth and claws and explained their care and feeding.

"They must eat a lot of meat," he pondered. "Will they get enough to eat during the siege?"

Matsu Eika wrote:
"Here," she pointed on the back of the skull, "a young lion will have extra skin to be carried by its mother. Makes them limp. Do not try on an adult."

"Wow, I've never seen a baby lion," Baatar commented. "Are they big? Do you breed them and bond with them when young? Or do you have to catch young ones from the wild somehow?"

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 7:05 am 

Moto Baatar wrote:
"Wow, they're really good at this!" he marveled.

"Seiji was rather strong-willed as a cub and didn't focus. I found little exercises like this keep him a part of the pride. We also hunt together. Perhaps, you could hunt with us when we are no longer under seige?"

Moto Baatar wrote:
"They must eat a lot of meat," he pondered. "Will they get enough to eat during the siege?"

"That is a concern of mine as well, with four warcats to feed here. They each eat a quarter of a sika deer or five to ten pheasants worth a day. I did get some hunting in yesterday at the hour of the hare, but those stores dwindle. I will have to see what I can find in the markets, first."

Moto Baatar wrote:
"Wow, I've never seen a baby lion," Baatar commented. "Are they big? Do you breed them and bond with them when young? Or do you have to catch young ones from the wild somehow?"

"Most of the warlions are bred, though wild stock is mixed in from time to time. We tend to keep our own prides but intermingle the blood to keep the stock healthy." She paused, the Unicorn were animal breeders, this talk may not be proper but it was practical knowledge.

"The cubs are about this big." She gestured, a surprisingly small measurement, "about two or three, with spots. Their eyes are closed a few weeks."

"Speaking of breeding..." Eika paused and grinned, "it is almost time, right Kaori?"

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 1:48 pm 

Akemi watched the scene with amusement, sipping her sake as she did so.

"Si Baatar is unmarried, right? I wonder if Matsu-san is also" she commented quietly to Batzurig "perhaps I should start looking at arranging a marriage? Not that a Lion would be my ideal choice, but they seem very compatible."

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 1:51 pm 

“If he favors it,” he said to the woman.

“Seems a bit soon to put the cart before that horse, but if they favor each other, it could be good. Matsu are fierce, it is known.”

Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse "Bashiru", Moto Scimitar

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 6:48 pm 

Matsu Eika wrote:
"Perhaps, you could hunt with us when we are no longer under seige?"

"I would like that," Baatar agreed. "If we live through the siege... I would like that." His tone turned a little somber at the thought of possible death.

Matsu Eika wrote:
"The cubs are about this big." She gestured, a surprisingly small measurement, "about two or three, with spots. Their eyes are closed a few weeks."

"Speaking of breeding..." Eika paused and grinned, "it is almost time, right Kaori?"

"So small!" Baatar marveled at Eika's kitten-sized measurement. "Umm... will, uh, breeding be a problem under these conditions?"

The young Moto fidgeted a little at the mention of breeding, which of course was ridiculous since it was a perfectly practical conversation. Wasn't it?

"I mean, finding a suitable mate for Kaori.... are there prospects for her, here in Nikesake?"

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 7:09 pm 

"We will live, I feel. We must not have the attitude we will not or we will succumb to defeat. It is the small moments that make war worth fighting. Perhaps a hot bath, the sight of cubs blinking their eyes open for the first time. Enjoy the small things, Si Baatar. We will hunt as one, you and I." Her voice was soft, a tad somber, yet wistful.

"The weather warms, Lord Moon graces us with his smile on the plains. When it is time, so it will be. The fires of mating I cannot stop if she wishes it." Eika stroked Kaori's side lovingly. "Besides, sometimes prospects are closer than one thinks," Eika purred, leaning in closer to Baatar. He cheeks warmed as she spoke, perhaps due to the kumis. Yeah, that must be it...

The Lion nodded at Seiji, "they are not related. Also, there is Erina-san's male if Kaori takes to her. Still, it can be a rough affair and it takes upwards of five days. Lions are very ardent lovers, you know?"

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:32 pm 

Matsu Eika wrote:
"Enjoy the small things, Si Baatar. We will hunt as one, you and I." Her voice was soft, a tad somber, yet wistful.

"I hope so," he agreed, nodding solemnly. "I look forward to the day."

Matsu Eika wrote:
"The fires of mating I cannot stop if she wishes it. ... Besides, sometimes prospects are closer than one thinks," Eika purred, leaning in closer to Baatar.

Baatar blinked and swallowed nervously as she grew close. "M-maybe so," he stuttered, his face flushing, but he did not pull away. For a moment he leaned in towards her - but then he managed to stop himself.

Matsu Eika wrote:
"Also, there is Erina-san's male if Kaori takes to her. Still, it can be a rough affair and it takes upwards of five days. Lions are very ardent lovers, you know?"

"Five days?" he squeaked, sounding intimidated. Then, managing a more normal voice, "That's, uh, quite an impressive feat. But then I shouldn't be surprised. Lions are such beautiful and powerful creatures." He smiled at her, a little shyly.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:41 pm 

She looked a bit sad when he stopped himself. There was a wistful, hopeful look on her face, her eyes softening. She bit her lip nervously, uncharacteristically for a brave, battle hardened Matsu.

"It isn't five days straight, actually blink and you might miss it. Male lions are, umm, quick." She blushed, "humans take longer, or so I have heard." She whispered the last part to him. "N-not that I would know." She smiled, weakly and awkwardly. "Though, with lions they repeat the act hundreds of times in those days."

"Are Uni-...err... the horses the same? They look so powerful, and handsome, and brave..." She leaned back in close again and gestured as she spoke so her hand lightly brushed his.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 12:04 am 

“Well… ahh… horses have a form of courtship, much like how people do,” Baatar said in a low tone, his face hot as she leaned in close again. His hand felt electrified as she touched it.

“First, the male horse will adopt an impressive pose, to make themselves seem larger and more desirable.” Baatar drew his shoulders higher and puffed out his chest to demonstrate. “Then… the stallion will neigh loudly in a mating call, and prance about in a kind of courtship dance.” Thankfully, he chose not to demonstrate this.

“If the mare enjoys it… the stallion continues by caressing her neck and body,” Baatar said breathily. Greatly emboldened, he reached to take her hand in his.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 12:19 am 

Eika listened raptly, clearly enamored with the discussion. Yes, that was it, the discussion. Her eyes gazed over his tanned skin, the rippling muscles as he posed to demonstrate. "Their courtship, it sounds beautiful." She squeezed his hand in reply. Her skin was a bit rough from working outside, but was warm and welcoming. She leaned a bit closer so her nose nearly touched his.

"Then what, Baatar?" Her voice was the softest whisper, heart pounding in her chest.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 6:41 am 

“Then… if the mare doesn’t approve, she will kick and move away,” he said quietly. “But if she likes the stallion… she lifts her tail.”

His shoulders seemed tense, as if fearing rejection, but he did not pull away. Instead, he looked into her eyes with a serious expression.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 7:27 am 

She leaned just a tad closer so the tips of their noses lightly touched a second. "I think she likes the stallion," she whispered, barely making a sound. Her lips went forward, seeking, hoping...

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 10:00 am 

As she leaned in, his arms slipped around her body to pull her closer, where his lips met hers....

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 8:08 pm 

She let her lips linger, hoping she was doing this right... Though a niggling feeling in the back of her mind had her pull away, blushing and breathing hard. They did have company. Her eyes darted to the others in the room pointedly.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 8:51 pm 

There was indeed a cough, and as Eika looked towards the others Akemi wasn't looking directy at them, however it was enough to tell they were not alone.

Moto Batzurig wrote:
“If he favors it,” he said to the woman.

“Seems a bit soon to put the cart before that horse, but if they favor each other, it could be good. Matsu are fierce, it is known.”

"Hai, indeed. A union of Matsu and Moto would be a suitable one talentwise. They seem to favour each other also."

Akemi shrugged, sipping her sake.

"I can at least speak favorably to my superiors."

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next