It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:47 am

Post subject: [D11 EE] A Bath to Cleanse the Mind of Bad Dreams - Closed
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:31 am 

She had paid ahead this time. A proper private bath was lightly expensive, but she didn't want to be interrupted by anything or anyone tonight, and wanted a little bit of peace and quiet with her fellow guest. She already knew how problematic being in public places could be around Poemu if one wasn't careful. The woman tended to 'miss' social cues rather easily.

At the very least, she was certain that there wouldn't be a problem with unplanned food issues. That was a positive. But, really, as she started to cleanse herself and listened for the sound of the Agasha's arrival to her invitation she reflected to herself.

Did you enjoy your dreams last night, Poemu-chan? I wonder if your loyalty is in word only, a sham for the cameras like so many who live in this world, or do you truly love him? Is he lucky, or lucky not to know what happens behind closed doors?

Description, Character Image

Post subject: Re: [D11 EE] A Bath to Cleanse the Mind of Bad Dreams - Clos
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:45 am 

Poemu made her way into the room finally, and spotting Mari, gave a bow and a weak smile. She had her towel wrapped around her as she sat to wash up, even keeping it on and scrubbing beneath it as she did so. "Konbonwa, Mari-san. I.. hope you're well today?"

Her voice was warm, but had a hesitant quality to it that it usually didn't.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:51 am 

"As well as can be expected when surrounded by an invading army, though I'd heard that they managed to rescue several of the monks who hadn't vacated the shrines yet. That... at least was a positive. I cannot begin to conceive why these spirits seek to defile a holy shrine without purpose. They are supposed to be in the celestial order," she said, shaking her head and closing her eyes. "But I have been here... safe within the walls, healing the injured, giving rice where I can."

"And what of yourself?" She didn't finish with her pre-bath ablutions before the other woman, wanting to enjoy the bath together. "Have you had a pleasant day?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:07 am 

Poemu smiled faintly as she scrubbed. "As you said, as well as can be expected given the current circumstances. I am under constant watch by my clan now, and there is even a guard waiting outside now. I think that more than anything else has shown me the gravity of the situation."

Finishing a rather quick wash, Poemu moved to sink into the water. She hesitated before taking off the towel just before slipping in, and immediately sank down so the water was up to her neck.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:29 am 

"I had always assumed that Agasha-sama would have a bodyguard to begin with. I suppose that makes a certain amount of sense if that's the case. You would see before your eye the reality of what was going on," she said. Poemu was definitely a sheltered soul, even in the midst of conflict.

Slipping into the bath, she sighed exultantly and put her arms up on the lips of the bath tub, her eyes rolling back. "But we should probably speak of other things tonight, yes Agasha-sama? We cannot change the world from the evening baths can we?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:43 am 

Poemu knew what was going on well enough. She'd already lost friends, seen the wounded and dead. She still believed in the Lion, and the samurai around her, naively perhaps.

She was fine saying none of that though, smiling softly at the offered topic change. I am willing to try my best, but this is a chance for me to push my troubles and concerns away. I've done nothing but worry today after all."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:20 am 

"Only about the fighting, or have there been other concerns, -sama?" she hazarded. She knew good and well that the woman would have had the most delightful, sinful dreams all of a sudden in the night before, after all. Why not see just how open she was feeling. "It wouldn't do for you to worry too much. You'll give yourself crow's feet after all."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:28 am 

While Poemu looked troubled, she didn't flush or look uncomfortable at the moment. "The fighting, those who have died, the concerns of court and clan... I think I have worried more than NOT worried. The courts are what they are, but everything, and everyone else, seem on a knife's edge of trepidation. You should know others worries always concern me more than my own by now."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:49 am 

She chuckled. "If you carry the weight of the world on your shoulders, your knees will buckle eventually. Even the daimyo of the clans do not stand alone, you know," her voice chimed in a little teasingly. "But yes. I think in the few days we've known each other, I've picked up that you put other's wants and needs ahead of your own. You're very ... selfless, though it puts you at risk of someone taking advantage."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:01 am 

"Hai, I know that. Believe it or not, you aren't the first person to tell me that, though it is a short list. Most, I think, would put nicity before the truth on their minds... understandably." Poemu smiled weakly. "That said, it's just who I am. I could try to will myself into doubting people more, being wary, but I wouldn't feel right."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:08 am 

"Many would not feel right telling a woman of your standing not to shoulder more responsibility," she said, smiling mildly. "But even the clan daimyo must rest now and again. And I do suppose it would be hard to imagine you with a dour, depressed and cynical countenance. You're always quite open and free of yourself." She said it in a very 'it's kind of quaint' sort of way. It really was rare.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:45 am 

"I suppose I have reasons enough to frown or pout, but in the end, they are few and far between. Optimism, believing the best in others, is just how I was taught. It was a rare Miya samurai indeed that was dour or pessimistic." Poemu gave a soft sigh, smiling in remembrance.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:47 am 

She tilted in her spot, facing the woman a little more directly while she smiled, one hand serving as a headrest while her elbow hung over the lip of the tub. Her feet didn't do that 'touching' routine the Kasuga had tried, but instead just lingered a little closer in case the other woman moved around much. She could have joked that the optimism was infectious but it didn't really infect her. Her smiles were always a little plastic after all, a little bit fake. Any of that optimism disappeared a long time ago in her eyes.

"I'm half tempted to call you a little ray of sunshine, but I think that might be a touch too familiar, however true it might be."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:04 am 

"Perhaps so," was all Poemu gave as reply. She most certainly wasn't squirming or moving around much in the bath. If anything, the willowy courtier was rigidly still, water remaining up to just below her chin.

After a pregnant pause, she spoke up quietly. "When this is all over... what will you do Mari-san? I know you won't tell me the goal of your pilgrimage, but whatever it is... ano, it just doesn't seem to me you've found it here."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:12 am 

She laughed softly. "You do not need to be quite so nervous about asking, Agasha-sama. I've given you a little latitude in us speaking, have I not? You look so very on edge today. Let the heat relax you a little." A little shake of her head and she sighed.

"I am on a quest of self perfection. My lord's circumstances changed, and thus my duties were changed beyond my ability to fulfill them. By the decision of my superiors, I was asked to be something I am not. When I am finished with this search for perfection, and have molded myself into a tool fitting of my lord, my pilgrimage will end. This town... is merely a stop on that road. A very eventful stop, but a stop." She leaned in a little more, though not too close. "Why are you curious, Agasha-sama? Surely it cannot be just your naturally inquisitive nature."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:44 am 

Poemu gave a soft sigh and tried to relax, but she remained in the same position all the same. "It is, yes. Well. inquisitive and concerned. Though I am thankful for your praises of me, it always seems that a melancholy hangs over you all the same. Perhaps it is a thoughtfulness I lack myself, perhaps it is a pessimism that comes from your seeking perfection when so many around you lack it besides. I cannot say, and it is why I don't wish to pry too much. You call it nervousness, and perhaps it is, in part. To me, it is a concern, mixed for your feelings, both good and I'll."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:12 pm 

"It is merely the wearies of my journey. I am not a sad person," she said. It was a lie, one smooth as silk, but still a lie nevertheless. She put an effort into keeping up the appearances, but even if Poemu saw through it, that wasn't too important to her. She wasn't a happy person. Almost no ronin truly were and she more than most. "But there are only so many things that you are able to do, and gracing a humble ronin with your presence night after night is... really quite a lot of you to do. If I were a bolder woman, I might guess you had taken some personal interest here."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:14 pm 

"And if I had?" She gave a slight shrug, smiling weakly. "I believe it a stubbornness born of wishing to be able to improve your outlook on life, even if just a tiny bit. I am not a woman that gives up easily, after all."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:42 pm 

She definitely leaned in a little, and this time her hand came within an inch of Poemu's shoulder, not quite touching. Her gaze moved in to try and lock with the other woman's, tongue briefly wetting her lower lips in a way that she made sure was visible. It was meant to convey an interest, but not to openly state it, waiting to see if she got a reaction out of the woman, whether shock and maybe a bit of disgust, or blushing and confusion.

"Maybe I find that interest compelling and curious. It's so rare that someone takes a ... personal interest in me. It makes me very curious what it is about me that draws your attention, other than your compassionate heart."

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 12:42 am 

Visions washed through Poemu's mind for a brief moment. Flesh writhing, the heat of close contact, moaning, panting, dark remebrances of...

No, none of this felt right. Perhaps normally she would have flushed and scooted away a bit, stammering some response. Now however, her stomach churned, and she stood, grabbing for her towel to cover herself. Her voice was shakey as she gave a stiff bow. "A-ano... please excuse m-me Mari-san, I am not feeling well. S...sumimasen."

Polite words said, the Dragon turned and almost ran out, her eyes watering.

/exit