It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:57 pm

Post subject: Re: Investigating the Odd [D11, LA, Phoenix Embassy]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:02 am 

"I am sorry. I hoped for another answer. But, you can only show what you can show. Finally, I ask: What might these be best used against, as weapons?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:14 am 

Amaya watches the proceedings with great interest. It really is very different from how a weaponsmith would evaluate a weapon.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:12 am 

Shugenja and the kami were both pretty wondrous. Maiya thought this while watching in stunned silence.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:13 am 

The water froths about in confusion, revealing nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:50 pm 

"I might be able to attempt this a different way." Miwako offered. "It isn't something I've done before, but the kami may be willing."

She sat down and, similar to what Hachi had done, she spoke with a bowl of water. It seemed to be a friendly conversation and Miwako smiled often. In the end, however, she frowned in disappointment.

"I thought they would show me..."

- - -
Investigating the Odd [D11, LA, Phoenix Embassy], Importuning Reflections of Pan Ku, Cummune/Water, BS +6, Isawa FR -5, TN 11, Affinity: 7d10o10k4 29

Investigating the Odd [D11, LA, Phoenix Embassy], Importuning Reflections of Pan Ku, Spellcraft/Water TN 20: 7d10o10k4 19

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced
Status 1.0 | Glory 3.0 | Honor: What's Expected

Carries/wears: Scroll satchel, tanto, wakizashi, jade, cricket

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:21 pm 

"Did something go wrong?" Maiya asked, ignorant of Spellcraft and all that Miwako might be up to with the kami. She was completely magically inept. As such, this was all utterly alien to her.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:23 pm 

After waiting, Hachi listening to the conversation, he wonders. "I do not kow if Chīsana mizu could understand that. I will try to explain it, see if I can get the small kami to understandl."

He can try himself, after alll. His own conversation with the water kami goes just as swimmingly, and he finishes explaining what he wants.

However, the water kami simply surges in circles, rather than settling and showing an image. "Chīsana mizu does not seem to know how to show that. I am sorry. Perhaps something else might help."

So, instead, he moves over to the small boulder. It barely requires him asking, before the boulder answers. For an earth kami, it seems most aware and awake, not needing to be awakened.

"Great kami of the earth, of the weapon on the table, how might it most effectively be used?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:51 pm 

The earth kami rumbles back a response. "Put the pointy end into a fleshy thing."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:33 pm 

Miwako had taken the second blade and sat with it, deciding to try once more. At this point, she was determined to learn something.

- - -
Investigating the Odd [D11, LA, Phoenix Embassy], Importuning Reflections of Pan Ku, Cummune/Water, BS +6, Isawa FR -5, TN 11, Affinity, 2nd Attempt: 7d10o10k4 32

Investigating the Odd [D11, LA, Phoenix Embassy], Importuning Reflections of Pan Ku, Spellcraft/Water TN 20, VP for +1k1, 2nd Attempt: 8d10o10k5 34

Investigating the Odd [D11, LA, Phoenix Embassy], Importuned Reflections of Pan Ku, BS +6, Isawa FR -5, TN 21, VP for +1k1, 2nd Attempt: 8d10o10k5 30

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 2:57 am 

While Miwako is Importuning, Hachi asks his second question, though he takes up the drum again, and uses the beat to ask the words. "What materials is this weapon made of?"

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 1:19 am 

"It was forged in the Realm of Slaughter." Miwako said, sitting with her eyes closed and the blade on her lap. "Forged from Toshigoku. It lacks the soul of the katana, but it is a powerful weapon, especially against those carrying the influence of the realms."

Her eyes flew open and she looked down to see blood flowing from a finger that had slid over the edge of the blade.

"Very dangerous." She quickly wrapped the finger in cloth.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 12:03 am 

Maiya sat quietly and waited with her cousin. She wanted to find out more, but she knew not to rush anything religious or magical. The Kuni had informed all the bushi of her unit about just that after one idiot had bumped into one during a ceremony due to having drunk slightly too much shochu.

Okay, a lot of shochu.

No, it wasn't Maiya herself!

"So... it really is from Toshigoku?" She asks incredulously as Miwako made her pronouncement. "This is interesting, thank you. I hope to take at least one back to my Clan for them to inspect further. It might be a useful weapon if they also affect creatures from Jigoku."

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 1:54 am 

"Ugly. Unwieldy. But useful." Amaya summarises the information.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 2:38 am 

"I believe it would." she nodded. "You are the ones who recovered them. What becomes of them should be your decision."

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 4:52 am 

She gave her cousin a smile. "We should discuss it, ne? I'm sure a few Hida could wield these well enough."

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 9:07 am 

Hachi listens to a reply only he can hear, then looks at the blades. "Does them being made of Obsidian mean anything to you? It is somehow mixed with the metal, according to the Earth kami."

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 5:32 am 

"No... obsidian? I have heard it Is tied to Lord Moon?" Maiya replies with a stunned look. "It's never something I'd think to add to metal. I wouldn't have thought it possible."

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 12:54 pm 

Amaya gives her cousin a quick nod. Against the Shadowlands, even a small advantage saves lives.

Hearing about obsidian in these blades is a surprise though. The taciturn berserker tries to remember what she had been taught about this material.
____
Lore: Shadowlands 21

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 8:23 pm 

Hachi shrugs. "I know of Obsidian as a product of volcanoes. Can be very sharp, but brittle, as well."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 11:09 am 

"It's useful information. Maybe something my Family can experiment with." She responded optimistically. "Thank you for the information. Both of you." Maiya realised she was missing thanking someone. Well, something.

Brushing her hair she looked about the room. "Ano, and... thank you kami-sama. For your wisdom and, eto, everything you do?" She didn't sound too sure if that was good or not, but she clapped her hands together twice and ducked her head like she'd been taught as a kid.