It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:50 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Zero to Hero [D11, Early Morning] (Phoenix Embassy)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:49 am 

Another was also present, eating. He nodded to the two, but seemed focused on his own efforts. He had, also present, a wide shallow bowl, and occasionally dropped a tea leaf into it.

Oddly, the water within was spinning, without his doing anything to the bowl.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:14 pm 

Oddly... Horonigai's eyes were all over the water that wouldn't stop. She does try not to pry, but can't help it. From time to time, while moving around to pack things, she extends a neck to watch it. Besides that, she respects Hachi's privacy in nodding back, but not disturbing.

She thinks of food, but waits for Miwako, too. Duty first.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:34 pm 

"Seppun-sama." Miwako got her attention, smiling softly. "Breakfast is ready. Please, join us."

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced
Status 1.0 | Glory 3.0 | Honor: What's Expected

Carries/wears: Scroll satchel, tanto, wakizashi, jade, cricket

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:42 pm 

"Haaaai!" She replies, rather vividly, and sits down in seiza, fetching chopsticks and wishing, "Itadakimasu, minna-san!"

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:32 am 

Hachi also murmurs a prayer for the food. He drops another tea leaf into the bowl. "Now, now, Chīsana mizu, don't be greedy. You'll get full if you get too much." The water in the bowl still spins, but slows down a bit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:06 am 

"Itadakimasu." Miwako dipped her head, before picking up chopsticks and begining her meal. "Thank you Hachi-san, for your assistance last night."

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:19 am 

"I hope that you plan to be back earlier tonight, to prevent any problems that might occur?" He looks at her sternly, then smiles at the swirling bowl of water. "Oh, very well, one more." Another tea leaf is dropped in.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:57 am 

She nodded. "That is my intention. Tonight is the last night. Apparently, we've seen the last of the Rain Dragon as well."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:00 am 

"Ah? Do you have any insight into whether any of the siblings might make an appearance?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:22 am 

She shook her head. "It was the only one I spoke with and I was fortunate to get as far as I did. It kept the terms of our agreement to itself, but I doubt we'll see more."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:23 am 

Hachi nods at this. "And I am guessing you spoke to it at the Temple of the Dragons, which we no longer have access to, thus preventing me from trying something similar?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:31 am 

"I started my journey there." she nodded. "I could attempt it again anywhere, but I doubt the Heavens will be as accepting of a second intrusion. I had considered trying to reach Arya-no-kami, initially."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:31 am 

Horonigai watches the interaction between the two Isawa as if they were played a kemari game in a duet. She smiles each time, trying to find an opening to greet Hachi, but doesn't manage to do it until now.

"Ne, Isawa-san," She nods to Hachi, greeting him for the first time. "Seppun Horonigai-desu. Hajime mashite. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:23 am 

"My apologies. I am Hachi, tensai of the Isawa. I hope that the kami bless you this day." He gives a seated bow.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:29 am 

"Likewise Isawa Hachi-san." She smiles, takes another bite at the rice and mentions with her eyes. "Shitsurei, ne! What is that bowl for –– with the swirling water?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:38 am 

He smiles slightly, and answers. "That is a kami that seems to often be around me, that I call Chīsana mizu. It seems happy enough with that name. And with tea leaves, for some reason. Too many, though, makes it... act oddly for the rest of the day."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:42 am 

She widens her eyes, surprised. "The kami... are pets?"

Kuchihige-sama was a kami all this time. Fortunes!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:45 am 

"Not a pet. It just seems to like me. To follow me around. And enjoy tea leaves. But, it also disappears for periods, and do whatever kami do. I can request things, but can't give it any orders, as well."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:50 am 

"Pets!" She nods with lips pressed up in confidence of her words. "My cat is just like that. Although he prefers fish, instead of leaves."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:53 am 

Miwako hid an amused smile behind her tea and continued to listen.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next