It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:10 am

Post subject: Coming to [Day 11, Early Evening]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:42 am 

The last thing Tani remembered, she was hanging from a banner, barely conscious. Then she was on the ground. There was a person... Tsukimi? No. Impossible. Tsukimi was in Nikesake...

Except, no. Now Tani was in this awful hut. And she looked to the right. And there was Tsukimi, barely holding to consciousness herself. She blinked gently. "What in Akodo's name..." she muttered. Her head was killing her. "Tsu...kimi-san...?"

Glorious Death in battle is never untimely.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

Post subject: Re: Coming to [Day 11, Early Evening]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:48 am 

"This...is not the day I had in mind," says another voice.

Soshi Tameaki sits in one of the small pit. He looks battered and bruised, but not broken. Not yet.

"Still, where there's life, there's hope..."

Carries/Wears: Extravagant clothing, wakizashi, jitte, mask, fan, personal seal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:57 pm 

Tsukimi found it difficult to breathe at first as she started to come to her senses. Which was... distressing, for someone who built so much of her focus around proper breathing techniques.

The next distressing feeling was the pain. But that distress soon was replaced by the knowledge that she seemed to be captured, and that her swords... the sacred daisho that had been trusted to her... was gone.

Her usual calm and serene expression broke as she curled up in a ball of pain. How could she ever hope to return without those blades? Hoshi... I'm sorry.

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:22 pm 

Tani looked to Tameaki and nodded. "Agreed, Soshi-sama." She took a breath. He she didn't recognize. But she recognized Tsukimi. Recognized her distress. "Tsukimi-san..." her voice a calm whisper. "Tsukimi-San, can you speak?"

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:11 pm 

"... Yes," she said weakly.

"I'm sorry... I failed, Tani-sama."

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:18 pm 

"Well, so did I. We can lecture each other all about it later," she smiled gently to the Togashi woman. "I seem to recall we both agreed that taking unnecessary risks was a bad idea yesterday, yeah? It seems we are both bad at taking the advice we offer each other." She sat up against the wall next to Tsukimi. "On the other hand, my muscles are much more relaxed now that I am not hanging from a banner. I suppose I have you to thank for that."

Description

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:26 pm 

In another corner was Kitamaru. The Shosuro hid their fave for then,discomfort apparent without a mask.

When Allowed: Armor, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:57 pm 

"I had thought... we could make it out. Guess we should have brought a shugenja, in case something happened to Kitsu-dono." She looked up from her position, her voice dry and a little shaky. "But she's not here, so I hope she made it safely back with the others."

Maybe they should have gone through a plan quickly before being portalled in. Or done more reconnaiscance. All in the past though...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:00 pm 

Tani's eyes rose at that. "Kitsu-dono came to assist?"

Description

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:14 pm 

"Yes," the Togashi confirmed, giving a nod. "It was her idea. This mission. Said she owed you a debt."

"While I... was cutting you free, Bayushi Setsuna-sama, Mirumoto Wasako-sama, and Soshi-sama here, were keeping the enemy off, but one slipped past and cut Kitsu-dono. We were carrying you and her, trying to get back to the city... Bayushi-sama was carrying Kitsu-dono last I saw, ahead of myself."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:16 pm 

"Well." She took a breath. "We will have to hope that she made it back. And for now just sit tight." She considered for a moment. "What is your favorite quote from the Tao?"

Description

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:26 pm 

"They got you too, Shosuro-san?" he asks, noting Kitamaru's presence. "Well, that might improve our chances..."

He tries to move, then winces and sits back down, the pain too much to handle at the moment.

"...once we're well enough. I can handle patching us up, but not right now - I can't concentrate well enough to try any of my special tricks."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:29 pm 

"At least not alone," she offered a brief smile.

There was some comfort in not being alone.

"Hmmm..." the question made her pause for a moment, as she focused herself to recall the words. "It is... hard to choose, as many quotes ring more true depending on the situation, but, I was always fond of this one; “All things are necessary - war, peace, the edge of the sword, and the sound of a poem. With understanding, all things are one.”"

She looked to Tameaki, curious. "Tricks?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:38 pm 

Kitamaru didn't need to remind the others that underestimating a Scorpion was often a death sentence.

At least the Shosuro hoped not.

"Remain calm", said Kitamaru. "Good things will come."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:39 pm 

The magistrate sighs.

"It's not something I like to talk about, but I suppose I should come clean," he says. "I do have some shugenja training - the ability developed late in me, after I was already an adult, and that fact is a cause of some mild embarrassment. To go through my youth ostracized and sent away from my family because I lacked their abilities, only to suddenly display them later...many considered me obviously incompetent, and those who didn't accused me of holding back on them - something that is very much 'not done' among any of the Scorpion families."

He frowns as he sits back in his corner.

"Still, if I can get some rest, I might be able to use those talents to get us in better shape to try something - an escape, possibly, or a disruption of some kind that will either give our allies a chance to get us out or at least to deal a decisive blow to our enemies above."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:56 pm 

"Useful information," Tani stated quietly. "But we should be cautious for the time being. Now that one attempt to save prisoners has occurred, security will no doubt be tight from here on out."

Description

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:02 pm 

"Still", he said after a moment. "It was a brave thing in the attempt."

He seemed to be speaking about everyone, for various reasons.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:24 pm 

"What happened to you?" she asked the Shosuro. He hadn't been with the initial group from what she had seen.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:01 pm 

"I came for the monks, and to collect intelligence. A guard needed removing, but the brothers were...surprised...at the bloodshed", he reported. "The noise drew others and I was surrounded before I could free a single one."

He didn't sound nearly as disappointed and frustrated as he actually was.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:24 am 

Tani nodded with respect at Kitamaru's answer. Somehow that seemed less bothersome to her than those who came for her, even if she appreciated the regard. "Well. We should be glad there are people willing to take prisoners. It's more regard than I was expecting from this army."

Description