It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:12 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Absentee Governor (D11, Late Afternoon)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:20 pm 

Moshi Yuko wrote:
"A pleasure, Kasuga-sama," she says. "I am Moshi Yuko of the Centipede Clan. I try to keep my sisters in the valley informed of the news here. I am also trying to gather information on the heroes who fell in battle against the . . . enemy. Especially of the Abbess Kayou and the brave Matsu."

Seitouna bows his head reverently at the mention of the fallen.

"They were valiant, and we are improved by having lived alongside them.

"But I have worked to do much the same thing here as you, if directed to other audiences." His smile returns. "I have not had the chance to visit your valley, though I am told it is a beautiful place for those who find it."

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:25 pm 

"Hai," nods Yuko, "it is the most beautiful place in the Empire. You would be welcome to come visit, though the journey is not easy."

"I think we may have to send more of my sister out into the world, things seem to be changing quickly in the Empire and we must keep informed of the changes and remind all of the importance of remembering Amaterasu-no-kami."

Personal Effects: Wakazashi, satchel of scrolls and writing equipment

Often accompanied by Ha, her personal scribe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:28 pm 

Moshi Yuko wrote:
"Hai," nods Yuko, "it is the most beautiful place in the Empire. You would be welcome to come visit, though the journey is not easy."

"I think we may have to send more of my sister out into the world, things seem to be changing quickly in the Empire and we must keep informed of the changes and remind all of the importance of remembering Amaterasu-no-kami."

"Things are in flux as the seas, indeed, and it is yet to be seen if the hand is firm enough on the tiller."

He pauses, considers before adding "Is this your first time away from home, then?"

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:19 pm 

Usagi Kimika wrote:

There is a small twitch of Kimika's eyes, a tiny narrowing at the mention of the Seppun. Then she blinks, and the flash of intensity has passed.

"I have also been away from home a great deal in recent years. I am fortunate that the assignments require regular communication with Usagi Yukana-sama, and that she informs me of events at home. It helps me feel... well, at least it keeps one from feeling lost. Perhaps," she says, raising her volume one step, "we can share tea soon and speak more of our travels away from our homelands? I believe we may have common view points from our... experiences..." Kimika raises an eyebrow, hoping her suggestion is veiled enough for a public setting but still clear to the Sparrow.

Whether she fully knew, she also knew that sometimes things were dangerous to share in a pit of metaphorical vipers.

"If Usagi-san would like to join me for tea, she need only tell me what time best suits."

A faint smile, "Though we may have traveled for different purposes, there is still much to gain from seeing the wide variety of lands in this empire."

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:23 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
"Hai, I directed the play, as per Asako-sama's manuscript." She gestured towards the miharu. "Of course, I also had wonderful actors and actresses to work with, so I can only take part of the praise."

"Actresses like the wonderful Seppun-sama here, ne?" Akemi smiled at Horonigai "I very much enjoyed the show, it made for a nice break from the situation we currently find ourselves in."

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
"Un!" She gives another nod as her pony tail moves here and there. "I've been gratefully blessed. Shared my breakfast with the Isawa friends at the Phoenix Embassy."

"Ah, I'm sure they were thankful for you joining them" Akemi nodded "after the losses yesterday. I knew Asako Kashiwagi extremely well."

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
"Ara, Shosuro-san. I could barely say my lines. You give me too much credit. I nearly ruined your masterpiece, neh!"

"I can't speak as an expert Seppun-sama, just as an Ex-Crane, but all I saw was a brilliant performance by all involved including yourself."

The little Moto managed not to sigh as people spoke up for the Steel Chrysanthemum once again, followed up by her kin being as blunt as always.

"I don't think I'll ever understand..." she said quietly to herself.

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:01 pm 

Moto Batzurig wrote:
“Whoever becomes Emperor will be the one who wins on the battlefield and gets enough support from those too afraid to challenge them. Sitting here arguing about it seems a waste of breath but perhaps this makes them feel better and useful.”

Baatar nodded agreement to this. "It'll all come down to who has armies in the field," he predicted.

Moto Batzurig wrote:
“What’s this about a Lord in Toshi Ranbo sending reinforcements? That seems much more useful than all of this.”

"A couple of days ago a rider came through town with news from Toshi Ranbo," Baatar explained. "The Emperor's brother rules there, and he says the Empress's child has no true claim. That's part of what people are talk-talking about."

"But more importantly, the Emperor's brother is gathering an army at Toshi Ranbo," the younger Moto continued. "It seems to me that he ought to see Steel Flower as a common enemy."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:04 pm 

Moto Akemi wrote:
"I can't speak as an expert Seppun-sama, just as an Ex-Crane, but all I saw was a brilliant performance by all involved including yourself."

The little Moto managed not to sigh as people spoke up for the Steel Chrysanthemum once again, followed up by her kin being as blunt as always.

"I don't think I'll ever understand..." she said quietly to herself.
She smiles brightly to the Moto, then...

Moto Batzurig wrote:
Batzurig marched back out to the floor and gave a blood curdling ululation to garner attention...

The shrieking gaijin waves of ear shattering noise make Horonigai's Seppun Danger Sense activate. She grits her teeth, and instantly widens her eyes at the direction of the Moto: Her right hand near her blade, while her toes move into a spring like position to pounce from seiza into an iai strike –– if necessary. Trained bushi would definitely notice.

Yet, it was only the Moto, and not an invading horde. The Seppun's eyes narrow even more intensively at the man.

Moto Batzurig wrote:
He glanced at the Imperial princess and added, “You may see these things as ancestors or teachers, but I see them as the corpses waiting to be put back down. You side with them, you die with them.”

Having said his piece, he bowed politely, he was done with this civilized farce and walked out, he had things to kill.

Horonigai's left eyebrow twitches, and she looks back to Akemi. Sternly.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:15 pm 

Kasuga Seitouna wrote:
"Things are in flux as the seas, indeed, and it is yet to be seen if the hand is firm enough on the tiller."

He pauses, considers before adding "Is this your first time away from home, then?"

"Hai, hai," she says. "I was sent by her family to act as the official scribe for the minor clan delegation to Winter Court. My assistant and I were out acquiring more paper when . . . the Emperor was cut down and the world went crazy. We gathered what we could and fled. It was terrible." She lowered her voice. "I cannon understand how anyone could support such a monster that would kill helpless courtiers and servants, wives and children without pity or remorse."

Personal Effects: Wakazashi, satchel of scrolls and writing equipment

Often accompanied by Ha, her personal scribe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:32 pm 

Daidoji Tetsuko wrote:
The duty of a samurai is to serve.

<snip>

Tetsuko found support in the crowd today as Iko moved up to speak her piece as well.

She spoke about the loss of life this conflict was causing, the loss of great heroes like Kayou and Kashiwagi.

How many more good people would die before the sides would sue for peace, but neither would consider such an action when so far ahead, or behind in support. If the people here could force both leaders to the negotiation table by evening support, a resolution might be reached.

--------------------------------
D11 Influence. Traditional 3 raises VP TN30: 8d10o10k5 46

+4 Traditional points

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:08 am 

LA11 - Absentee Governor - Influence - Imperialist (Awa 4, Courtier 3, Rhetoric Emphasis, +1k0 Prodigy, +1k1 VP, 2 raises, TN25): 9d10ro1o10k5 35 3 Imperialist points

The young Carp milled about, speaking with his fan raised. While it was a long, difficult road, he knew that supporting the Empress and her child was the best course of action. The alternative... would cause too much chaos within, and thus, weaken the markets that would serve to supply the wall.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:47 am 

Miya Mei wrote:
"I have had an opportunity to visit more places than some, but less than others. My last real travel was to Unicorn lands, since then I have been mostly just in the Imperial City doing various assignments until I gained the position with the Adviser. "

Poemu nodded. "I am certain it is more than I have been to. I've never been to Unicorn lands for one, nor the Imperial City. I imagine serving the Adviser will give many more opportunities as well."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:40 am 

"We shall see, though other than now, I have been only serving in her household."

At the Moto's call Mei looks at the man and closes her eyes for a moment, taking in a deep breath.

"Hm."

Is all she says in response.

Carries: Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Yumi (on back)
Rides: Ti-Lu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:45 am 

"But we do know how the spirit Emperor came to be returned to Ningen-do," Myo-en insists to the courtiers nearest her, casting a concerned glance in Tetsuko's direction. She owns no white court clothing to change to, but wears a scrap of white silk knotted into an armband, very stark against her densely tattooed bicep. "Human hands and human magic tore open a realm from which souls are not supposed to return. The spirit Emperor's actions, after he escaped that realm where Emma-O placed him--they show he truly deserved his place there. Is he so different from a common convict who flees his guards and tries to escape his rightful sentence?"

She spreads her hands, palms-up. "We must not sentence ourselves to that Realm either. Yes, we have to fight, but the Empire needs more than bloody victories. It needs one who will hold for the good of others, without striving. No one yet has shown that strength, but the former Emperor's son is of the direct line of Hantei, the heir of wise rule. That has to be our hope."

--

D11 LA Influence (Imperialist)--Courtier/Awa, adding 4 of 6 bonus dice from Crane tattoo, VP, 3 raises (TN 30): 9d10o10k4 38
+4 Imperialist points.

Poke me in PMs if you wanna chat!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:54 am 

Kodama joined those speaking out, having found renewed energy in a bit of the Tao.

“The worst enemy is the absence of hope.”

He states, looking to the crowd.

“We tell the tale of heroes to remind ourselves that we also can be great.”

He bows deeply.

"It is said Shinsei said both of these things. There are many heroes that give us hope. Losing heroes saps that feeling. There is a tale that happened not long ago."

He turns a little, to gesture towards where Ryoko Owari likely is, "In the city of Ryoko Owari, a fire grew. In the chaos of the blaze, all servants of the Empire are called upon to save the Emperor's lands, as well as themselves. Each bucket of water, each bag of sand, each hand that brought tool to put out spark, each foot that cooled ash. Each little thing helped insure that the blaze was brought under control."

He looks to the court. "Sometimes we lose things to the fires that would claim the Empire. But we lose all when we stop fighting for it. Bring your hands, your words, your swords, your arrows. The Fires of Toshigoku will blaze until they're put out. But together we can do exactly that."

Imperialist Roll w/1 raise: 27 = +2 Imperialist Points

“We tell the tale of heroes to remind ourselves that we also can be great.”

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:08 am 

Miya Mei wrote:
"We shall see, though other than now, I have been only serving in her household."

At the Moto's call Mei looks at the man and closes her eyes for a moment, taking in a deep breath.

"Hm."

Is all she says in response.

Poemu, for her part, had ignored the call with grace and dignity, if not a momentary wince. "Is that so? Miya-sama is a guard and yojimbo then? You seem comfortable in the court certainly, but you have the air of one Kakita trained."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:19 am 

"The Crane are good at ensuring all of those they teach can work the courts to some degree. I am not a Yojimbo for her, though I have performed the task in the past. I simply do as she requires as one of her household retainers. Sometimes that means being a Yojimbo for someone, sometimes it means coming to court. It varies. I am here because I thought she was in danger after hearing the news of Morikage Toshi, but she seems quite at ease, despite the situation. Faith in the defenders of the city no doubt."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:50 am 

"A duty of many talents and changes. I envy you a bit Miya-sama, that you can perform so many without trouble. I am of the courts but I could hardly switch over to defending my lord's honor with a blade." Poemu's voice was quite genuine in its praise. "I suppose I DO have other things I can do, but it is admirable no less. Doji-dono is a lucky woman."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:17 am 

Mei makes a small smile.

"We all are blessed in different ways, Agasha-sama. I am certain there is much you can accomplish that would leave me in awe."

Mei looks around the room for a minute.

"So, what is...this..all about?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:19 pm 

Yasuki Daisuke wrote:

The young Carp milled about, speaking with his fan raised. While it was a long, difficult road, he knew that supporting the Empress and her child was the best course of action. The alternative... would cause too much chaos within, and thus, weaken the markets that would serve to supply the wall.

Erina notices a Crab speaking up in favor of the Empress, piqueing her interest. She glances down to see the mon of the Yasuki family, and then offers a bow.

"Thank you for your words Yasuki-san. It seems that the high regard of the Crab for doing the right thing for the safety of the Empire is well founded."

Two Warcats: Ore and Kamu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:26 pm 

Miya Mei wrote:
Mei makes a small smile.

"We all are blessed in different ways, Agasha-sama. I am certain there is much you can accomplish that would leave me in awe."

Mei looks around the room for a minute.

"So, what is...this..all about?"

The topic shift was a touch sudden, but it took Poemu only a moment to let her thought adjust. "Ah, right, Miya-sama has just arrived in the city. I suppose then that the Advisor did not speak to you of the impromptu courts? Samurai have been debating the succession of the throne since right after the... incident."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next