It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:58 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cold and Miserable [D1, Early Morning]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:29 pm 

Matsu Kōgyoku had risen before dawn on that fateful day, awakening with a sense of foreboding. On one hand, this was a routine Leadership recommended; on the other, she felt compelled to consider it as an odd case, so she forewent her usual purification at the Shrine of Remembrance and moved toward the gates. The air tasted as if something had stirred the ground during the night.

Soon, the full extent of drama extended itself. Rushing down from the ramparts, the magistrate projected curt orders at the yoriki and rushed outside the gates to enforce orderliness on the desperate crowd which could change into stampede so close to perceived safety if too many lost their nerves. Hard as she wanted to believe that samurai lived on honour, she realised that imperfect souls may succumb to base instincts in situations like this.

She tried to peel a ranking Lion from the crowd to get an account that would give her a better grasp of the situation. Her full armour and the magistrate's sashimono attached to it constituted a clear rallying point.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:32 pm 

Mogami watches the Scorpion woman leave and then her eyes fall to Kogyoku.

Seeing as the Magistrate had just arrived, she surely missed the presnece of the Kitsu Daimyo and would be greatful to know of her presence.

Satisfied that the injured were stable enough, she rose again with her Budoka in tow and approached the Matsu and gave a low bow.

"Matsu-sama, Matsu Mogami. There is much you need be made aware of."

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:35 pm 

Shosuro Uruwashii wrote:
/exit

Sukekage /exits not far behind, the other two Scorpion seemingly forgotten as he makes himself available to serve the daimyo's needs.

"It is not in my nature to be a villain, and one must remain true to one's nature."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:37 pm 

Kasuga Asakuro wrote:
"This one made it without a scratch or without a bite of the frost, blessedly enough. Do keep an eye out if you should come across Kasuga Sotai-san: she was on the other side of the courtroom from this one and once everyone began to make their departures this one has not seen sight of her since, though I have no doubt her ability to fend off the cold and find her way here," he noted somewhat dryly. I know you can take care of yourself, but Sotai damnit, you better have made it out of there.

"If it is possible, this one will request a room that is near to yours, Kasuga-san: there will be much work for those that carry the Shell in the days ahead. But in all other cases, this one is well-enough for now. Unless there is something you need of this one in the immediate, however, this one would like to get his bearings of the city... and perhaps find a good tea or sake house to camp in for the rest of the morning."

"I'll ask around, and good hunting to you!"

He bows.

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:47 pm 

Kasuga Seitouna wrote:
"I'll ask around, and good hunting to you!"

He bows.

"Until another time, Kasuga-san - stay warm out here and hear and write all you can," he finished, offering his cousin a final bow before making his way to the city gates to finally enter the city and get some warmth and comfort. Along the way, however, he can be seen stopping momentarily to pull out his adorned kiseru, pack it with some light fluff, and set it briefly alight. Slight clouds of smoke puffed behind him in the wind as he plodded through the gate and down the city streets...

/exit!

Carries: Fan, personal seal, wakizashi, chopsticks, water bottle, kiseru, small knife, sake cup
Sometimes featuring now: Mamoru the Frazzled Peafowl!
Language Colors: MerenaeThrane
Profile!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:49 pm 

"Matsu Kōgyoku." The magistrate returned a quick bow, taking hints from her kin's expression, if any were there. "Very well. Bring me up to speed."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:59 pm 

She nods and begins her report.

"We traveled as quickly as we could with the weather, terrain, and the wounded. The Winter Court has erupted into Chaos. The Hantei has been slain by his ancestor in front of us all, the Seppun taking the murderer's side. Of those who have traveled here I know of one confirmed person of importance, the Kitsu Daimyo. She is already inside the city."

She pauses for a moment before continuing.

"Other than her, of the Lion of note I have only seen Matsu Tani-sama, the rest of us rank and file. Of the other clans it is hard to say as I am only a few years out from my geppuku and I know only names but not images. I did note just before your arrival a masked and hooded woman garnering the attention of all the Scoprion present, and of one Asako Kashiwagi-sama, hero of the Phoenix."

She looks out over the frozen land.

"It is unsure how far behind us the enemy is, or if the give chase at all. It would be prudent to have daily forward scouts. I also have begun to take mental notes for tactical plans, as my father, General Akodo Takarada has taught me well on matters such as tactics, strategy, and leadership. He intends for me to one day take his position, should our Lord allow it."

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:26 pm 

Doji Koushi wrote:
Isawa Miwako wrote:
"Of course." Miwako offered quick bows. "I am Isawa Miwako. Simply here to assist, myself."

The number in need of treatment had grown. She had carefully sorted through them to prioritize those most in need.

Koushi smiled and set to work, motioning for Homura to follow his lead. It was by no means pleasant to handle the injured, whose dignity had to be preserved in spite of their circumstances, but the sting of being administered to by a Crane or a Phoenix might just be mitigated by the chipper Ikoma's presence.

"I am very glad that you are here, Ikoma-san," Koushi offered in a quiet moment.

Homura remained. She helped, speaking calming words and even donig some bandaging. She was a decently quick learner, and not entirely useless with her hands it seemed.

Her witty humour did as much to help though, and when Koushi spoke there was a smirk.

"I get that a lot, don't worry. Just doing my bit for the community. You and Isawa-sama are doing the true work, I just stand here and look pretty."

Good thing I am pretty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:27 pm 

The Emperor is dead, slain by a returned spirit of a former one.

This single thought washed across Kōgyoku with a strength of a breach in a dam, and dimmed much else of what followed. She kept registering, but her mind had already bifurcated into the part that was containing the enormity of what had happened and the other one that managed all else. In other circumstances she'd try to attach information to names immediately, but right now they would just flake off due to lack of mental glue. So she was of few words for commentary, just nodded, her stern expression affixed by invisible strings.

"The exigency calls for me to say here and manage the influx. Thank you, Matsu-san, for the report and insights. We'll find time to address them later in better depth."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:34 pm 

"Certainly, Matsu-sama. I do not wish to keep you from your duties. Should you need anything from me or my budoka, we are at your disposal."

She bows again and steps to the side to allow Kogyoku to pass.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:37 pm 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
Homura remained. She helped, speaking calming words and even donig some bandaging. She was a decently quick learner, and not entirely useless with her hands it seemed.

Her witty humour did as much to help though, and when Koushi spoke there was a smirk.

"I get that a lot, don't worry. Just doing my bit for the community. You and Isawa-sama are doing the true work, I just stand here and look pretty."

Good thing I am pretty

Koushi smirked as he took up a small knife to debride a particularly nasty case of frostbite. "Just so; we must all play to our strengths." As he started to remove the dead tissue, he continued, eyebrow raised: "And without an Ikoma here, what self-respecting Matsu would let a Doji get this close to them with a knife?"

Carries: Daisho, Fan, Medical Bag.
Wears: Sturdy, functional clothing, Snowshoes (outdoors), light armor (where appropriate
)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:52 pm 

As the other Kasuga departs, Seitouna finds an inconspicuous spot to observe things, and, now that his player has had some things get resolved outside the game, he begins to take in the scene through the eyes of an author.

And he begins to write.

Quote:
Day broke early on [Day One], and not from the east. No, it came from the west, and it was not the touch of Lady Sun that started the day, but the confused cries of peasants shepherded along by samurai, some staggering from wounds or disbelief, others striding ahead sternly despite what they had seen. And what they had seen was a sight such as none should see--the death of an Emperor by another's hand.

And worse, by that of his own ancestor.

He scribbles on.

(PM if approached, please!)

Public Profile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:56 pm 

"Since you've mentioned your preparedness in organisational matters thanks to your esteemed father's guidance, there's one such matter I cannot attend to in person at the moment. I'd like to meet more of the Lion coming from Morikage Toshi at the earliest common opportunity. Would you account for them and prepare for a meeting?" The other woman bowed as well.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:00 pm 

Doji Koushi wrote:
Koushi smirked as he took up a small knife to debride a particularly nasty case of frostbite. "Just so; we must all play to our strengths." As he started to remove the dead tissue, he continued, eyebrow raised: "And without an Ikoma here, what self-respecting Matsu would let a Doji get this close to them with a knife?"

"You make an interesting point, however I present a counter. The Matsu would let you get close, however you may not remain on your feet for long" Homura smirked "I've seen a Matsu wrestle a guy clean through a wall for getting too close at the wrong time. It was impressive."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:01 pm 

Kasuga Seitouna wrote:
As the other Kasuga departs, Seitouna finds an inconspicuous spot to observe things, and, now that his player has had some things get resolved outside the game, he begins to take in the scene through the eyes of an author.

And he begins to write.

Quote:
Day broke early on [Day One], and not from the east. No, it came from the west, and it was not the touch of Lady Sun that started the day, but the confused cries of peasants shepherded along by samurai, some staggering from wounds or disbelief, others striding ahead sternly despite what they had seen. And what they had seen was a sight such as none should see--the death of an Emperor by another's hand.

And worse, by that of his own ancestor.

He scribbles on.

(PM if approached, please!)

Seitouna scratches through an error, rewording his opening: "Day broke early on [Day One];it was not the touch of Lady Sun that started the day, but the confused cries of peasants shepherded along by samurai, some staggering from wounds or disbelief, others striding ahead sternly despite what they had seen. And what they had seen was a sight such as none should see--the death of an Emperor by another's hand."

He nods, more pleased, and scribbles on.

Public Profile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:07 pm 

Matsu Kōgyoku wrote:
"Since you've mentioned your preparedness in organisational matters thanks to your esteemed father's guidance, there's one such matter I cannot attend to in person at the moment. I'd like to meet more of the Lion coming from Morikage Toshi at the earliest common opportunity. Would you account for them and prepare for a meeting?" The other woman bowed as well.

"Indeed, and I will conduct a tactical assessment as well to present later. I already have some ideas forming, though it will take a little while to assess everything properly and gather what sort of assistance the other clans may offer should we see to ask them."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:07 pm 

Doji Koushi wrote:
Ikoma Homura wrote:

Good thing I am pretty

"Every hand is greatly appreciated here." Miwako nodded.

Fortunately, there were few that needed more than bandages and medicine. She called on the kami to help those others. She did pause to rest for a few moments, after attempting to heal a particularly serious wound. Soon, however, it was tended to.

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced
Status 1.0 | Glory 3.0 | Honor: What's Expected

Carries/wears: Scroll satchel, tanto, wakizashi, jade, cricket

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:08 pm 

Another magistrate who had immediately gone from influx to doing what he could to help with the influx, swung by the Matsu magistrate.

He stood there and waited for her to respond, holding three sets of daisho wrapped in cloth.

Equipment: Daisho, light armor, naga scimitar, personal seal, notebook, parchment & charcoal, ink brush kit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:16 pm 

"Make us not appear any weaker by asking for or accepting assistance without due consideration. We're not going to surrender the city to random influences just because its inhabitants have turned more diverse due to necessity. Otherwise, you seem to know how to proceed, Matsu-san. Carry on."

Then, the Lion daisho in hands of a man who shouldn't be tasked with collecting them came squarely into her vision. She politely gestured for him to approach.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:19 pm 

"Yes, Matsu-sama."

Mogami takes her leave and looks again over the entrance to the city, a mental map beginning to form in her mind of the terrain.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next