It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:00 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Absentee Governor (D11, Late Afternoon)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:26 am 

Suzume Chihaya wrote:
Chihaya smiled faintly, and then said, softly, "No matter how you prepare, you could not defeat them alone."

Kimika bows her head to concede the point. "Hai, Suzume-sama. You are quite correct. I should not have sounded so boastful." When her eyes return to Chihaya, a small but intense smile accompanies steely eyes. "As we have said, the support of other clans is an important strategic consideration. Especially in tense times such as these. Forgive me, but I do not recall if Usagi Yukana-sama is acquainted with your clan champion." Kimika voice rises at the and of the sentence, implying a question of the Sparrow--a test of her engagement in clan diplomacy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:35 am 

"Of course." It was the way of courts, after all. "It will be a matter for my lord when all this is over. I'm certain Agasha-dono would give the idea much thought, especially from the Miya."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:52 am 

"Not from the Miya, Agasha-sama. I can give no guarantees, for I do not have the authority to speak such things, but I can certainly make the request."

She didn't outright say it, but the hint was there, knowing that she was a retainer of the Imperial Advisor.

Carries: Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Yumi (on back)
Rides: Ti-Lu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:15 am 

Poemu merely nodded in understanding before smiling. "We both have our duties in the end. There are many court's I'd be honored to visit if given the opportunity though. Is Miya-sama well travelled?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:40 am 

"I have had an opportunity to visit more places than some, but less than others. My last real travel was to Unicorn lands, since then I have been mostly just in the Imperial City doing various assignments until I gained the position with the Advisor. "

Carries: Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Yumi (on back)
Rides: Ti-Lu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:13 am 

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
Shosuro Sara wrote:
She indicated to a seat. "Seppun-sama, and I just started talking about...a few things." She wasn't sure how much the Imperial wanted to share their conversation.

The Imperial doesn't give any signs of trying to avoid what they were discussing.

Moto Akemi wrote:
"Hai, I am Moto Akemi. It's an honour to meet you both. Please accept my apology for the earlier incident, many of my kin are still learning their way around Rokugani etiquette" she bowed again in apology "it's something I have had to learn to understand quickly since my marriage.

Both Sara and Horonigai could see the mons of the Moto and the Asahina on her kimono.

"Ara, ara. Moto-san. No need to apologize, neh! Just make sure that you have the less tutored in a leash when they come to court. I would appreciate that. I'm sure he would too, in the future. Learning is a troublesome process." She says, using sarcasm not to be rude to the Moto as a whole.

She provides a short bow. "I am Seppun Horonigai. Miharu from the House of the Abdicators. Hajimemashite. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu."

The Seppun adds. "I hope Inari-no-kami has blessed Moto-san.

"Hai, I shall ensure my kin try to be respectful of the Rokugani way. I've also been teaching the children of the Unicorn proper Rokugani etiquette, so that the next generation of Unicorn will be brought up knowing the correct mannerisms."

Akemi took her place at the table, smiling.

"It is an honour to meet you Seppun-sama, Shosuro-san. I believe Shosuro-san was in charge of the play earlier today, ne? It was wonderful!"

She nodded to Horonigai. "I have indeed partaken in Inari-no-kamis blessing today, I trust that mina-sama have also?"

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:44 pm 

"Nothing has changed, only the direness of our failure."

Erina tries to make her case, but the missing Governor seems to be weighing heavily on her mind

Influence Day 11-Courtier/Awareness- 2 raised, VP spent-TN 25: 5d10o10k4 17

Two Warcats: Ore and Kamu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:13 pm 

The newly present at court Moshi had been hanging out at the back of the court, watching, listening, making notes. With a quiet sigh, she stepped forward and bowed to all.

"Minna-sama, I am Moshi Yuko, of the Centipede Clan, and I was at Winter Court. Those who know of my family, know we are loyal the the Empire and Amaterasu-no-Kami, we keep the ancient traditions.

"There is no traditional that can justify the murder of a sitting Emperor and the despoiling of the land that the returned spirit has caused. We must stand with the rightful successor in these difficult times.

"Domo."

She bowed again and almost fled to the fringes of the court.

OOC: Imperialist with two raises, 41 success

Personal Effects: Wakazashi, satchel of scrolls and writing equipment

Often accompanied by Ha, her personal scribe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:29 pm 

Moto Baatar wrote:
"Yeah, it's mostly people talk-talking," Moto Baatar agreed. "But the courtiers actually seem to talk each other into making decisions this way. It took me awhile, but I'm starting to get the hang of it."

"Though, personally I think arguing over who's a real Hantei isn't much help when there's an army at the gates," Baatar added. "We'd all be better off if we could agree to ask the lord of Toshi Ranbo to send reinforcements."

The large Moto warrior listened and said, “Whoever becomes Emperor will be the one who wins on the battlefield and gets enough support from those too afraid to challenge them. Sitting here arguing about it seems a waste of breath but perhaps this makes them feel better and useful.”

“What’s this about a Lord in Toshi Ranbo sending reinforcements? That seems much more useful than all of this.”

Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse "Bashiru", Moto Scimitar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:33 pm 

Moto Akemi wrote:

"Hai, I shall ensure my kin try to be respectful of the Rokugani way. I've also been teaching the children of the Unicorn proper Rokugani etiquette, so that the next generation of Unicorn will be brought up knowing the correct mannerisms."

"It is an honour to meet you Seppun-sama, Shosuro-san. I believe Shosuro-san was in charge of the play earlier today, ne? It was wonderful!"

She nodded to Horonigai. "I have indeed partaken in Inari-no-kamis blessing today, I trust that mina-sama have also?"

"Hai, I directed the play, as per Asako-sama's manuscript." She gestured towards the miharu. "Of course, I also had wonderful actors and actresses to work with, so I can only take part of the praise."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:41 pm 

Usagi Kimika wrote:
Kimika bows her head to concede the point. "Hai, Suzume-sama. You are quite correct. I should not have sounded so boastful." When her eyes return to Chihaya, a small but intense smile accompanies steely eyes. "As we have said, the support of other clans is an important strategic consideration. Especially in tense times such as these. Forgive me, but I do not recall if Usagi Yukana-sama is acquainted with your clan champion." Kimika voice rises at the and of the sentence, implying a question of the Sparrow--a test of her engagement in clan diplomacy.

"I am not certain - I have been away from the valley these last 17 months, so I am not well acquainted with my lord's social ties."

A faint sigh. "A friendship among the smaller clans can yield a mutual protection, but my Lord has also the advantage of ties to the Seppun - and thus an avenue for negotiation as well."

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:43 pm 

Moto Akemi wrote:

Horonigai replies thankfully for her good work. "Otsukaresama deshita, ne, Moto-san!"

Moto Akemi wrote:

The Seppun nods once again, and wonders if she was so good in acting she wasn't recognized?

Moto Akemi wrote:

"Un!" She gives another nod as her pony tail moves here and there. "I've been gratefully blessed. Shared my breakfast with the Isawa friends at the Phoenix Embassy."

Moshi Yuko wrote:
She bowed again and almost fled to the fringes of the court.
Horonigai is sure she has seen that Moshi before, somewhere.

Shosuro Sara wrote:
"Hai, I directed the play, as per Asako-sama's manuscript." She gestured towards the miharu. "Of course, I also had wonderful actors and actresses to work with, so I can only take part of the praise."
"Ara, Shosuro-san. I could barely say my lines. You give me too much credit. I nearly ruined your masterpiece, neh!"

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:15 pm 

The duty of a samurai is to serve.

Once again Tetsuko found herself in court, wearing the white of mourning. This time it symbolised more than Kakita Airi and Doji Koushi. The Empire had lost several great heroes the previous day. It was likely to lose many more before all of this was over.

The early proceedings did not move her. A new Yogo attempted to make an argument she herself had put forward, though it fell on deaf ears. There were some good points being made about Seppun Kato. Of course, she did not have the luxury of voicing her support for him. With an inward sigh she pulled her thoughts together and began to speak.

"I have yet to hear a compelling argument as to why the Heavens' decision to return Hatei XVI to us should be dismissed or ignored. Yesterday's loss of our great heroes is tragic, and I mourn them, but do not try to pretend that all of their sacrifices were dedicated to the Empress' reign. No one who heard Asako Kashiwagi's 42 points in favour of Seppun Kato would be so crass. It is traditional to attempt to break an army by killing its commanders, and we should celebrate their attempt even though it was unsuccessful."

She she shook her head. "And as for the implication that placing heads on spikes is a barbaric practice only performed by a villain. Well, I can only suppose that our courtiers have never been exposed to the Empire's traditions and practices of war before. I am grateful for this, but it makes these arguments of unnatural viciousness hollow. The Lion do this regularly and the leader of the army who made the decision on this occasion was Lion Clan Hero Matsu Kassenko. The same general who won the War of Broken Fangs against the Naga. Perhaps the court does not feel the collection of heads to be appropriate? If so they may wish to inform the Lion Clan, whose samurai commonly collect the heads of their enemies as trophies."

A short pause followed before she summarised her argument. "In summary, the Hantei's forces are waging war according to the Empire's traditions, and we still do not know why he has been returned to us. Distaste for the former does not make it illegitimate. Disagreement with the Heavens for the latter is hubris."

Tetsuko returned to her tea and awaited the rest of the afternoon's declarations.

Day 11. LA. Influence roll as my Lord commands. Traditionalist. 3 raises. Void for +1k1. Benten's blessing +0k1. TN30: 7d10o10k5 33

+4 Traditionalist points.

"Oh she's very pretty. For a Daidoji." - Random Doji courtier.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:21 pm 

Yuko watches and studies the Daidoji as she makes her appeal, quite well if for the wrong side, and makes notes in chalk on a thin piece of slate for later review.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:48 pm 

Seitouna enters the chamber quietly and perhaps a bit distractedly, listens for a bit before putting his own oar in, as it were. And he does so by taking a position near Moshi Yuko, behind her and to the right, signalling his support for her stated position (3 Imperialist, thanks) with a few choice, well-placed words that the player, not having yet had enough coffee, cannot think of at the moment.

(Edited with GM permission.)

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

Last edited by Kasuga Seitouna on Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:52 pm 

Yuko gives the Tortoise a polite nod of thanks, graciously accepting the support.

She continues to observe the court, making notes now and then on her slate.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:55 pm 

Moshi Yuko wrote:
Yuko gives the Tortoise a polite nod of thanks, graciously accepting the support.

She continues to observe the court, making notes now and then on her slate.

At the nod, Seitouna bows his own head, introducing himself as "Kasuga Seitouna. And it is a pleasure to speak with another writer."

He smiles at her, doing his damndest to be charming.

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:58 pm 

Batzurig marched back out to the floor and gave a blood curdling ululation to garner attention, he did not like to repeat himself. He then said in his deep voice, “I am Moto Batzurig, bushi of Moto, first sword and blooded. I do not care who rules, it changes nothing for me. I only care about giving blood for blood and if this Seppun Kato will give us reinforcements then that speaks for itself.”

“I do not know forty points of sayyed, I do not care about bastard children… politics, I only care about crushing our enemies, watching these deathless bastards flee before us, and hearing the lamentations of their fallen as we crush them under hoof. Give no quarter and ask for no quarter.”

He glanced at the Imperial princess and added, “You may see these things as ancestors or teachers, but I see them as the corpses waiting to be put back down. You side with them, you die with them.”

Having said his piece, he bowed politely, he was done with this civilized farce and walked out, he had things to kill.

/exit unless stopped

OOC: Void + Courtier TN 15: 3d10 16 - 1 Separatist point.

Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse "Bashiru", Moto Scimitar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:15 pm 

Suzume Chihaya wrote:
A faint sigh. "A friendship among the smaller clans can yield a mutual protection, but my Lord has also the advantage of ties to the Seppun - and thus an avenue for negotiation as well."

There is a small twitch of Kimika's eyes, a tiny narrowing at the mention of the Seppun. Then she blinks, and the flash of intensity has passed.

"I have also been away from home a great deal in recent years. I am fortunate that the assignments require regular communication with Usagi Yukana-sama, and that she informs me of events at home. It helps me feel... well, at least it keeps one from feeling lost. Perhaps," she says, raising her volume one step, "we can share tea soon and speak more of our travels away from our homelands? I believe we may have common view points from our... experiences..." Kimika raises an eyebrow, hoping her suggestion is veiled enough for a public setting but still clear to the Sparrow.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:18 pm 

Yuko is more confused than impressed by the Moto but watches him go. She then turn back to the Tortoise.

"A pleasure, Kasuga-sama," she says. "I am Moshi Yuko of the Centipede Clan. I try to keep my sisters in the valley informed of the news here. I am also trying to gather information on the heroes who fell in battle against the . . . enemy. Especially of the Abbess Kayou and the brave Matsu."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next