It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:42 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Absentee Governor (D11, Late Afternoon)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:59 am 

"You are here with Doji Suiminko-dono?" Poemu looked a touched surprised, but in a good way. "I had just seen her earlier this day when I was at the Crane Embassy. A fine duty for anyone, and one that fits a Crane trained Miya,"

The woman looked a touch thoughtful a moment. "Ano... I realize you spent your time training in Crane lands, but... do you perhaps remember a Miya Abe? He would have been a few years older than you. He ended up training at your family's school, so you might have only seen him around as a child. He sings quite well, and does poetry as a hobby, if that helps."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:36 am 

Mei thinks for a moment but shakes her head.

"No, to be honest I didn't have much chance to be around much of my family either with being sent off to the Crane so early. And then between traveling to the Unicorn lands upon their return and the various Otomo I have had to be yojimbo for over the last year, we don't get a chance to run into each other often"

Carries: Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Yumi (on back)
Rides: Ti-Lu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:44 am 

Poemu laughed politely into her sleeve, smiling. "It's hardly a surprise, all circumstances given. It is much the same with myself and knowing many Agasha. Still, it IS too bad. I was hoping you'd known my husband. I don't get to see many Miya in Lion lands."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:50 am 

Mei cocks her head curiously.

"You are an Agasha, who trained with the Miya, who married a Miya but kept the Agasha name, and your duties are in Lion lands? You have quite the story, Agasha-san"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:51 am 

Suzume Chihaya wrote:
"Of course, I could also point out the fate of the Dragonfly, when considering a Lion empress, but that would be, I suspect, somewhat disingenuous."

Kimika barely contains a snort of laughter, her fan whipping open in front of her face with speed that any courtier would approve. A heartbeat of composing herself, then the fan is replaced by a broad smile. "The clans of the emperor's chosen are strong by their own blades, by the will of a great clan, or the will of the son of heaven himself. Without the first or third, of course the Dragonfly must seek shelter with the Dragon. We Hare understand that the goodwill of the Scorpion may keep us safe, for a time, but if we cannot defend ourselves then we will surely follow a similar path."

Kimika shakes her head but keeps smiling. "We will grow strong in our own right, to keep doing our duty to the emperor, regardless of a great clan's ill will. Perhaps we have been preparing for these dark times without even knowing."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:03 am 

"We all do Miya-sama, if we but realize each tale is unique." Poemu nodded before looking thoughtful. "My mother is the head of the Atsumaru vassal family of the Agasha. My father used to be a Seppun, and married my mother as a part of a miai. When I was a child still, it became obvious that my skills were not in battle. Since the Dragon have no dedicated school for courts my aunt on my father's side proposed a deal. She would help me attend the Miya school in turn for my parents arranging with a nakodo to have me marry an Imperial husband. I believe she saw greater ties between the Dragon and Imperial families as a fine goal."

Poemu paused. "..And as for my presence in Lion land's, I am an ambassador from the Dragon. After winter court in Agasha lands a few years ago, relations between my clan and the Lion have been strained. As well, the Dragon and Imperial families have not quite seen eye to eye. My ties to the Imperial's made me a fine choice for the latter, but Lion court was more pressing at the time. Most of those who work as diplomats for the Dragon now are of the Tonbo, so it was an easy decision to send me to Morikage Toshi."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:12 am 

"You have been very blessed."

Mei lets the corners of her lips curl up into a smirk.

"If it were better circumstances, I would ask you to go on a ride sometime. Alas, the way in was difficult enough, I don't know if anyone can get out now."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:36 am 

Mari emerged within the court, almost a little reluctantly. This entire exchange felt so pointless, so absolutely fruitless. Some of them spoke of reasons to treat the Steel Chrysanthemum as their rightful ruler, but none of them compelling. Others spoke of the pain that came from opposing him, but his troops seemed to crave only wanton destruction, not a true goal. Others spoke of the nobility and character of the Empress, of the integrity of the claim.

When she spoke, it was shorter, sweeter and simpler. She spoke of the need for them to focus upon the reality of the matter at hand, the enemy at their gate who cared nothing for their side, only that they bent knee or died, and that the system of justice needed to met out any conflict between the Seppun and the Imperial Heir. There were more important things to address.

( Succesful Influence - 1 Point for Separatists)

Having said her peace, she settled into a seat, eyes on the door. This was pointless, but she'd already done enough for the moment. There was only so much that could be done with her meager powers.

(PM if you approach)

Description, Character Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:36 am 

Moto Batzurig wrote:
"I don't know just a lot of talking to me, is it always like this?" he said.

"Yeah, it's mostly people talk-talking," Moto Baatar agreed. "But the courtiers actually seem to talk each other into making decisions this way. It took me awhile, but I'm starting to get the hang of it."

"Though, personally I think arguing over who's a real Hantei isn't much help when there's an army at the gates," Baatar added. "We'd all be better off if we could agree to ask the lord of Toshi Ranbo to send reinforcements."

--
Day 11 late afternoon, influence for Separatist with 1 raise, AWA/Courtier + Void Point, no double explosions TN20: 5d10o10k4 20 succeeds, 2 points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:42 am 

Usagi Kimika wrote:
Suzume Chihaya wrote:

Kimika shakes her head but keeps smiling. "We will grow strong in our own right, to keep doing our duty to the emperor, regardless of a great clan's ill will. Perhaps we have been preparing for these dark times without even knowing."

Chihaya smiled faintly, and then said, softly, "No matter how you prepare, you could not defeat them alone."

Opening her own fan, she ran a finger along the folds, and added, "If any great clan thought to take the valley, they would pay for every yard in dozens of lives, but in the end, we would not be able to endure the full might of any great clan. That is why we require the Emperor's blessing, and indeed, the interest of other clans in taking advantage of weakness - such that nobody is willing to pay the price of conquering what is ours."

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:48 am 

Miya Mei wrote:
"You have been very blessed."

Mei lets the corners of her lips curl up into a smirk.

"If it were better circumstances, I would ask you to go on a ride sometime. Alas, the way in was difficult enough, I don't know if anyone can get out now."

"We will have that ride, when we get out, not if." Poemu gave a confident nod. "If anything can be said I'd learned from the Miya above all other things, it's that hope should always burn bright. The Lion, the Legions, the honorable samurai of the Empire, will see to it."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:52 am 

"Indeed. If I could make it in, surely the attackers are not as good at warfare as they wished. Once surprise was taken from them, they have gotten stalled and bogged down. Nikesake is strong, and the Lion fierce. Plus, I am sure by now the Legions are marshaling."

"What sort of scenery do you like for the backdrop of your rides? Forest? Beach? River? Open plains?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:07 am 

"I have yet to find a scenery I don't enjoy Miya-sama. They all have their own charms and wonders. I admit to being a bit partial to the mountains, but that can be a hard ride, and around here, quite rare."

"I haven't had a chance for a shore ride yet though. That sounds like an interesting experience." She smiled with an enthusiastic shyness."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:16 am 

"I quite enjoy beach rides, though it can be tricky at times. Sands can be soft and hide treacherous entanglements that may break a leg. I saw it once and it haunted me. Such a beautiful scene ruined by tragedy"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:31 am 

"The same can be said for the open plains, with holes and burrows, let alone rocks. We would have to just be careful as any Herald would always be hai?" Poemu spoke with confidence and warmth.

"Morikage Toshi was my first time seeing the ocean you know. I never had a chance to beach ride there for winter court though, only go hunting inland."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:37 am 

"Oh? That surprises me. Have you never been to Otosan Uchi?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:42 am 

She shook her head softly. "Perhaps I will go one day, but I've been needed elsewhere more, Miya-sama. I know that I was almost sent to Scorpion lands, and if I'd had my gempukku just a bit earlier, I likely would have been at the winter court at Kyuden Agasha. As is, I can see the need for a Lion ambassador, and find plenty to keep me busy here."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:47 am 

Mei thinks for a moment.

"Perhaps more invitations to Winter Court can find their way to you, especially when the court is close to the ocean. While summer rides are superb, winter is incredibly breathtaking."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:57 am 

She gave a slight bow. "Arigato, Miya-sama, for the thought. Before all this happened, I was to permanently move into the Dragon embassy in Morikage Toshi, since there should be an ambassador all year round. Still... winter court in the capital would be no less an opportunity to help mend relations with the Lion and Imperial families."

"Who knows how everything might change now however."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:13 am 

Mei places a long, elegant finger with beautifully manicured nails on the corner of her lips.

"Perhaps a good word with the right person could make it so, though such a thing would not be an easy task, and would surely use up much favor. "

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next