It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:10 pm

Post subject: Re: Asa gohan (D10 EM - An inn common room)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:12 am 

She had certainly been confused. Still was in fact. The Seppun's giggle caused her to brush her hair to calm her nerves.

"Ano, okay. Sorry, I've not met this Togashi. So, eto... why did you want to know Seppun-sama?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:39 pm 

"Ara. Don't worry." She waves her hand, still admiring the other girl's reaction. "I was just trying to win an argument. Togashi Tsukimi-san. You should meet her. She's a tattooed samurai. Very pretty, too. Strong woman... girl."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:49 pm 

A little like you then. She thought about Horonigai. Feeling a little bracer she lifted her vision a notch to look at the Seppun's chin and lips. She was avoiding making eye contact due to the cast difference in status between them. Compared to the Imperial she was practically a ji-samurai.

"She sounds nice." Maiya comments with a slight blush due to all of Horonigai's attention and her hearing her comments about the Togashi. "Ano, is there anything else I can help you with Seppun-sama?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:57 pm 

"Tell me more about you. I'm curious about the Crab. I've never been there, and yet, I have an enormous respect for the Families of the Crab Clan for being such heroic protectors." Horonigai takes a sip of the tea.

"Soshite, neh. Kaiu-san. I loved your armor set. Kirei-desu-neh!"

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:20 am 

It seemed the Imperial, when one to one, knew just what to say to butter up a Crab. Maiya searched for what to say. She really hadn't been asked about herself like this before from someone outside the Clan.

"Eto... I've served a couple years on the Wall and I'm the third daughter and fourth child of my parents. Ano, my mother is deceased and my father Hiromasa-sama works as an engineer. I was born in Kuda Mura in Kuda province. I like fighting and baths and good meals and sake. Ano..." Was this really what Horonigai wanted to hear? She blushed more as she wished she was better with words.

"A-arigatou gozaimasu. It's Kaiu armour my Lord gifted me. Ano, it doesn't have a real history yet as it was newly made after my gempukku. I-if you need any armour repairs or maintenance I can probably help."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:52 am 

Horonigai eyes glint with interest on her story, even though short and direct. She takes a hand to her face while listening, but doesn't try to embarrass the Kaiu more than she already was with any staring. "Armorsmisth, bushi, clean, healthy and know how to have fun. A full samurai-ko."

She giggles a bit and returns her eyes to the food, taking a bite of the crunchy tsukemono layed on a small bowl. She licks her lips and replies. "Iie, Kaiu-san, I believe the armor I use is too simple for a Kaiu to work on."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:01 am 

The Kaiu was a little flustered, but overall holding up okay. She nibbled at her meal a little before responding. "When you put it like that, m-maybe..."

When Horonigai licked her lips Maiya glanced down to her food. As her gaze had been right on the Seppun's lips she felt a bit embarrassed again. Talking to high ranking samurai was a minefield! Or maybe it was just Horonigai?

"Ano, it's not like I'm too busy so... If you did need anything doing, well, I'm staying at this inn so you now know where to find me." Would that be a good thing? Maiya was worried. However, it didn't stop her from being honest and helpful.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:13 am 

"At this inn?" She looks around, measuring the place. "Why not at the Crab embassy?"

Horonigai tilts her head.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:17 am 

"I was put up here with my cousin and others who came for my sister's wedding."

It was a pretty fancy inn. Her sister had clearly married well. Almost certainly into the Lion.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:20 am 

She nods positively. Horonigai was told Crab buildings were rather dull, anyhow.

"I appreciate your good will Kaiu-san, but I cannot abuse of you like that." The Seppun returns to their previous talk.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:23 am 

"Iie, it would hardly be abuse Seppun-sama. Right now I'm wasting a lot of my time walking around town with nothing to do." Maiya admitted humbly.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:41 am 

"Ja, ne, if Kaiu-san insists I'll bring my armor for her to take a look if it needs repairs." Horonigai smiles and takes a bite of the fried fish. She chews a bit and sighs in pleasure. "Kaiu-san's whole family is still here in the city?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:18 am 

She shook her head. "Iie, just my cousin Kaiu Amaya and I, Seppun-sama."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:21 am 

Relieved to hear that, Horonigai lets the air in her lungs to be dispelled. "I'm grateful. Is Kaiu-san willing to stay to fight, or duty calls elsewhere?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:26 am 

She reached for the last mochi. Her meal was done, but now for dessert.

"The Lion have permitted me to stay and help protect the City. I will be here at least until the threat passes."

Plucking up the mochi she has a bite, using her other hand to shield her mouth as she ate.

"These are really good." She admits after swallowing her mouthful.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:34 am 

"Hai. Hai. Yes they are." Horonigai puts her arms up, as if surrendering. "I have to admit there's one good thing in this city."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:49 am 

"The mochi?"

Maiya finished it off and then there were none left. It tasted delicious however!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:50 am 

"Yosh!" She cheers with a curled arm. "We are likeminded."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:30 am 

Maiya looked up and flashed a big smile. "I suppose so Seppun-sama."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:56 pm 

"Ja, ne, Kaiu-san," Horonigai takes a produces a small bag from one of her sleeves while talking, "I believe I must be going, now. Much to do for today. It has been a lovely breakfast to be shared with someone so pretty and diligent."

The Seppun asks for the servant to return and gives her the bag so she would handle the proper payment and return what wasn't necessary. "Ah!" She mentions to the servant. "Please, make some more of this delicious mochi for Kaiu-san here, since she's staying. I might come back in a couple of days to get some more."