It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:48 pm

Post subject: Zero to Hero [D11, Early Morning] (Phoenix Embassy)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:09 pm 

As promised to Kashiwagi, at the first light of Amaterasu-no-kami, Horonigai ways ready to honor him. Dressed in red in front of the Phoenix Embassy, she dances in silence, to a song that filled her heart with memories.

--
Dance/Agility + VP + Raise to attract his spirit: 5d10o10k4-5 25

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

Post subject: Re: Zero to Hero [D11, Early Morning] (Phoenix Embassy)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:38 pm 

Miwako watched the Imperial with silent appreciation. It had been a difficult night and a somber morning. This display lifted spirits when it was needed the most.

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced
Status 1.0 | Glory 3.0 | Honor: What's Expected

Carries/wears: Scroll satchel, tanto, wakizashi, jade, cricket

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:41 pm 

The Seppun finishes the tribute with a deep bow, that stays down for a long time. She rubs her eyes before lifting herself up and notices Miwako.

"Ohayou gozaimasu, Isawa-san!" She greets the Pheonix from the other side of the fence joyfully now that her heart was lighter. "Yoroshiku onegaishimaaasu!"

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:38 pm 

"Ohayou, Seppun-sama!" She smiled broadly and bowed deeply. "Please, come inside. Have you had rice this morning?"

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:10 am 

Horonigai takes some hurried steps into the embassy, making sure the don't splash mud everywhere. At the door, the removes the tall geta and takes the sheathed katana in her hand. She provides another bow and asks permission to enter the place.

To the food, she replies. "U-un! Isawa-san. I have not. Too kind of you to invite me inside. I do not deserve such. I was merely providing a dance of friendship."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:24 am 

"We appreciate your friendship." she assured her. "And, I would like to return it, with a morning meal. If you will join me?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:35 am 

"Un!" She nods positively again. "I hope I did not disturb your mourning routine. How can I help?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:40 am 

She shook her head. "You made it easier. I've been... packing. As soon as I am able, I will travel to see Asako Chidori-sama."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:46 am 

"Sodesune?!" She asks rhetorically surprised and looks down, thinking on how she would receive the news. "I miss Asako Chidori-san. If I may be so bold: please, send my sentiments and my full support for the days to come to her and her family."

She nods. "About packing, Agasha Poemu-san taught me some tricks I think will help. When Isawa-san plans to leave, and where?"

Horonigai narrows eyes, "I mean, there's an army between us and the Phoenix territory."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:31 am 

"And, not everything is here." she nodded sadly. "There are things still in the castle and what was left on the battlefield. But, he had made some preparations. A number of scrolls and paintings were stored here. I intend to secure what I can, hide it if I must, and keep essential effects with me."

She looked deeper into the embassy. "If there's an opportunity, my husband may slip away with our daughter. I'll send a message with him, at the least."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:53 am 

Horonigai nods again. "Oh, you mean packing Asako Kashiwagi-san's belongings." She exhales. "It will be an honor."

Hopefully, she would find the bokken he asked him to mend there. Probably still broken, due the time it took for him to prepare for battle yesterday.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:05 am 

"Hai." she nodded. "I will show you."

She lead her further into the embassy and to her room, stopping to speak with a servant on the way. The room was a mess. Torn cushions, broken bamboo and discarded rope had been pushed to a corner with a tatami mat bearing long deep scratches. On the other side of a room, an infant slept soundly in a small cradle. In the center, several items belonging to Asako Kashiwagi had been set out, the items he had entrusted to Miwako before leaving with the strike team.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:10 am 

"Yosh." She says, energetically. "What do I take where?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:22 am 

"If the city falls. I have little faith that the enemy will leave this embassy, or anything of the Phoenix, untouched. Nothing will be safe here." she explained. "But, the Steel Crysanthemum would likely have more respect for the Imperial families. If I have the larger items crated, would you be willing to mark them with your seal and have them stored in the castle?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:42 am 

"Mochiron!" She says, producing an elaborated personal chop from within her red furisode sleeve, and raising it in the air. "Stamping is one of the most ancient skills of my family line."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:47 am 

She grinned. "Excellent. His spell research is here, as well as several scrolls from the Blue Tiled Room. This letter I will keep.. This bokken is yours, yes?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:49 am 

She blinks, looking at it. Not sure if it was repaired. "Eto... it is the Dojo's bokken. I only took for a practice, and broke it."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:53 am 

"Ah, I see." She picked it up and looked it over. "Umfortunately, it is still broken. But, I may know others who could repair it. If I may?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:58 am 

"Mochiron... I would be thankful." She repeats, but the enthusiasm is definitely not the same as before. Shaking bad thoughts, she starts to work as instructed. Stamp here, stamp there. Settings bundles to one side, and then to the other.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:13 am 

A tray was brought in with rice, miso soup, some fish and tea.. it was set on a table, while Miwako assisted with sorting and preparing the scgolls.

"I am grateful for your assistance, Seppun-sama. This would be difficult alone."