It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:25 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Absentee Governor (D11, Late Afternoon)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:52 pm 

Horonigai recognizes the name of the recently acknowledged Daimyo of the Moto. It was the weirdest name she ever heard in her life. Hard not to remember.

She glares at him, pointing at the man with her closed fan. "Ara, ara. Big sandals to fit. Unfortunately, you don't wear those, neh!"

The Imperial maiden harrumphs, eyes rolling up. "I don't smack dignity out of your face now in respect to this court. Perhaps later, when you learn how to address a superior person, I might give you the honor of being Imperially beaten into sense."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:53 pm 

A Scorpion at court, how quaint. Sara once again was present, clad in what was her best...though slowly fraying, sadly. She was unusually silent, observing rather than stepping forward this time around, at least for now.

The Snake spoke once again, so did Agasha-sama....and Seppun-sama seemed rather agitated?

How interesting.

She moved closer, quite interested in what was going on.

"Seppun-sama, is there a problem?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:02 pm 

Her fan keeps pointed at the Moto. Horonigai raises an eye to Sara, clearly mentioning Batzurig was being a nuisance.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:06 pm 

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
She glares at him, pointing at the man with her closed fan. "Ara, ara. Big sandals to fit. Unfortunately, you don't wear those, neh!"

The Imperial maiden harrumphs, eyes rolling up. "I don't smack dignity out of your face now in respect to this court. Perhaps later, when you learn how to address a superior person, I might give you the honor of being Imperially beaten into sense."

“Sayyeda, I wear riding boots,” he said not getting the wordplay. “Sandals are shit for riding.”

“Sayyeda, has been honored,” he said with confusion. “If you feel you have strength then I will be waiting, we settle this easy, we wrestle and stronger wins then we go back to killing our enemies… or your ancestors, same-same.”

Seeing the Scorpion he added, “I know this the masked ones… you are Crab, yes? Pincers? Greetings, sayyeda, my your beauty scours my heart.” He added by making a pincer hand with his free hand.

Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse "Bashiru", Moto Scimitar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:09 pm 

Sara looked back at the Moto and...

Raised an eyebrow. "Let's see, you can barely speak, you can't tell an eta from the Emperor, you insult your betters, and you smell." She pulled herself to her full height.

"Someone from the Unicorn I presume? My beauty may scour your heart, but your odor scours my lungs."

She turned towards Horonigai. "Seppun-sama, would you care for some tea in some proper company?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:17 pm 

“Sayyeda, you turn your tongue into a dagger, and it cuts deep, you insult my mighty Bashiru, she smells good, of the road and strong, but she will forgive you, she has great Compassion even for weak nosed women,” he said with a chuckle.

“Please rescue sayyeda, she needs your protection,” he said chuckling darkly before taking out some jerky and tearing at it with his teeth.

Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse "Bashiru", Moto Scimitar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:26 pm 

Damnit!

Akemi moved over quickly, bowing to those who were there.

"Mina-sama, the times are tense. Many lives have been lost by the vile army that attempts to siege these very walls. These are not times to turn on each other. Whether Shosuro" she nodded to Sara "Moto" she nodded to Batzurig "or the prestigious Imperial Families "the more respectful nod was giving to Horonigai "we stand together, united against a common enemy. Let us not do the work of our enemy by turning on ourselves. Let us stand united!"

Her tone - and putting herself between the three - would hopefully calm some headstrong heads.

D11 LA Courtier in the court thread - 1 raise to diffuse tensions: 6d10o10k5 37

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:29 pm 

"You are right, Unicorn-san. Please convey my apologies to your horse. She cannot smell as bad as you." She smiled a cold, beautiful smile, then raised her fan in front of her face...but not before sending a mocking kiss at him.

"Seppun-sama?" She turned to her new companion now.

She then turned towards the new arrival. "Certainly. We will stand together. Over tea." She indicated to a free table, but left Horonigai to decide how to proceed.

OOC:
D11 LA Court, Temptation (Seduction)/Awa, 1 CR for non-verball seduction, DB, Crafty: 6d10o10k4 41

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:35 pm 

Usagi Kimika is in court, unable to keep herself away as she continues to await a message from her clan champion. She's dressed as courtly as she can manage: a pretty scarlet kimono, though it's hardly fancy when inspected closely, and a simple fan, hanging from her wrist as though she knew she was supposed to bring it but has little idea what tio do with it.

Kimika nods politely as the samurai speak, and she... processes what top think of the exchange between Moto and Seppun. She draws the fan to her face to shroud her reaction as she looks about the room.

_____
OOC: Open to approaches. Please PM.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:51 pm 

Chihaya had also gone to court, and like usual, slipped largely unnoticed through the edges of the crowd. Just a suzume, not anyone important.

At times it was useful, as it allowed her to see that little back and forth. On the one hand, it was offensive, but on the other, it was hilarious.

Somehow she thought Kashiwagi would have enjoyed it.

The thought gave a faint pang of sorrow, which she pushed away for a later time. For now, she had her own part to play in this little charade. Moving between a number of minor functionaries, she expressed her deepest condolences for the troubled times, and a quiet suggestion that perhaps Seppun Kato and might be able to help the empire to mend - after all, a skilled negotiator and politician would do more to mend a war torn nation than a warrior, no?

It made her feel dirty, but duty was duty.

Sadly, she was not quite persuasive enough, the recent events rattling the spirits of all present, and making them less than receptive. (OOC: Failed pro-Kato roll)

In the end, she slipped from the group and made here way to stand near a fellow minor clansman, a hare.

She greeted the woman with a bow, and a soft statement, "Konnichiwa, Usagi-san. This one is Suzume Chihaya. I hadn't realized any of your clan were in the city."

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:34 pm 

Yukarin walked in, voiced her support for the Empress, and walked out. She had no patience for this today. Some might note she wore a bright white obi today.

D11, LA, court, Courtier/Aware TN15 for the Empress: 6d10o10k3 27

/exit

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:42 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
She turned towards Horonigai. "Seppun-sama, would you care for some tea in some proper company?"

She nods, without laying eyes on the Moto.

Moto Akemi wrote:
Damnit!

Akemi moved over quickly, bowing to those who were there.

"Mina-sama, the times are tense. Many lives have been lost by the vile army that attempts to siege these very walls. These are not times to turn on each other. Whether Shosuro" she nodded to Sara "Moto" she nodded to Batzurig "or the prestigious Imperial Families "the more respectful nod was giving to Horonigai "we stand together, united against a common enemy. Let us not do the work of our enemy by turning on ourselves. Let us stand united!"

The Imperial sees a white haired maiden, and, initially believing she's Crane, nods to concur with tea.

Shosuro Sara wrote:
"Seppun-sama?" She turned to her new companion now.

Horonigai saw the kiss, but ignored it. Sara was definitely the kind of friend she missed while in court. She's also drop-dead gorgeous. Good pairing. If only Sukima-denka would be here, they would rule this city together in the absence of the Governor.

The Seppun lets herself be guided, and ignores the Moto even if, internally, she wants to bitchslap his smug mustache into the moon.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:43 pm 

In the goal of peace, Sara led the Imperial away to a nearby table, guiding her first and sitting opposite of her, gesturing a servant for some tea.

"Seppun-sama, have you had rice today?" She started with idle conversation.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:53 pm 

A white oni entered the room...

The Yogo just stood there. He didn't seem to be looking for intervention, but only listening to the arguments. He crossed his arms inside his black and red kimono which clearly shows the mon of the Scorpion clan and the Yogo family.

Tch, people talking while outside there's a siege, how stupid is this situation Yuichi thought. He was really pissed since he was here not out of free will but he was ordered to come to the city.

[OOC]

Poke through discord or pm me if approched, please!

Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (17), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (3)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:53 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
In the goal of peace, Sara led the Imperial away to a nearby table, guiding her first and sitting opposite of her, gesturing a servant for some tea.

"Seppun-sama, have you had rice today?" She started with idle conversation.

“Don’t start something you can’t finish, pretty girl,” he said with smug grin.

Batzurig made a kissing sound, along with the face, towards the retreating proper ladies, was it the Imperial or the Scorpion who could know but his swagger did not relent as he rolled his shoulders once more pleased with winning the standoff in his mind. He looked to Akemi and shrugged, “You talk too smooth by half, but thankfully they are good words.”

He continued eating the jerky and watching the room.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:02 pm 

"I will just be a moment Seppun-sama, Shosuro-san" Akemi bowed to the retreating women before turning back to Batzurig.

Moto Batzurig wrote:
He looked to Akemi and shrugged, “You talk too smooth by half, but thankfully they are good words.”

With the confrontation thankfully over, Akemi lowered her voice to speak with Batzurig.

"I understand the Rokugani ways are odd Sidi Bahzuling" she winced at what she knew was a poor pronunciation of his name "and I would be happy to assist in helping you understand them better. In time they will be more accepting of the cultural differences, but in these times I ask you to be more..." she paused, thinking of the right word "Rokugani. The Emperor was slain in cold blood, and we have an army at the door. Please? For me? I will arrange for plenty of supplies at our embassy, but for now, outside the embassy let's stand with our Rokugani in their way. If we show Rokugan that we can accept their ways, in time they will accept ours. A fair compromise, ne?"

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:07 pm 

"If you ask, I will do, sayyeda," he said to her. "Give the pretty princesses my sincerest apologies, for my brutish ways."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:27 pm 

"Not brutish, Sidi Bahzuling" Akemi shook her head "the Empire will know of your strengths soon enough, when our enemy faces you. I am no great fighter sidi, this courtroom is where I stand for our people."

She paused, thoughtfully, before adding "perhaps this evening Sidi Bahzuling can host a proper Moto gathering? There are a few of our kin here, and others that have married into other clans. I will try not to be too much of a disappointment in my attendance" she chuckled softly.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:31 pm 

The Hilsilage enters the room. His brows are furrowed. He is deeply disturbed and in thought. He taps his chin with a black and red fan as he slithers, making his way toward where the Shakanar is coiled.

Carries: A red and black fan and hat.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:25 pm 

Batzurig nodded and then just observed for now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next