It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:39 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Courtroom Debates [Day 1, Early Afternoon]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:48 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
"That will all depend where Shosuro-san performs. I am not certain where my duty will take me next season after all, but I will of course do my utmost."

At the question of past-times, Poemu looked thoughtful a moment before smiling faintly. "Well, YOU are Shosuro-san, to be quite honest. If you mean in a more open fashion however... I enjoy being out in nature, when I can. Walks in gardens are much more pleasant in the spring and summer, but even warmer winter walks are nice. Much of my free time at court was spent out riding my horse and joining in hunts hosted by our... hosts."

She paused. "Just as I am more than the court, Shosuro-san must be more than the stage as well, hai?"

"But of course, but I hope we can meet under better circumstances." She smilled, and let out a small giggle at the word play. "How funny Agasha-sama. Nature can be wonderful, and I hear there is a wonderful garden here. Have you seen yet?"

She slowly closed her fun, a slight click at the end. "That maybe true, although I will say, I have been fairly busy with preparing for my upcoming act. I enjoy arts and culture in general, besides just theatre. Poetry, music, dancing."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:53 pm 

Matsu Kōgyoku had joined the session sometime at the beginning, and waited through the initial bustle from her usual spot, taking in the new situation. She seemed calm and composed, and so far she hadn't spoken. The room was crowded, so it took some time to compartmentalise the situation in the wake of the watershed occurrence. The Emperor's death was thoroughly unsettling, but she had already pushed it way deep in, to work through later.

[PM if approached]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:54 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
"The Lion have been welcome hosts, there is nothing that e have need of in the moment, if there is we shall alert the Lion promptly," he said kindly.

"You are kind to ask, though."

"Certainly, Asako-sama. I have taken up enough of your time, I thank you for indulging me."

She bows in deference, waiting if any further discussion is needed of her. Her budoka follow suit.

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

Last edited by Matsu Mogami on Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:55 pm 

Ryuuta Kin wrote:
"As you say," he replies. "If he wanted it, and wanted a legitimate claim to it, he likely would have discussed it amicably with the Emperor and they may have arranged for abdication or making him the primary heir. These do not look like actions sanctioned by any right thinking or honorable representative of the heavens. Even a shi duel between them would have been more appropriate, to show the Heavens favor if they could not come to an accord. Which leads me to assume that this is not the will of Heaven, but instead the sin of desire rearing it's ugly head in someone that should be above that as a former Son of Heaven. And that people see rightness in him becoming emperor causes me great concern."

Kin sips from his cup and spares a glance to Iko's charge. He had seen her at court but had not yet the opportunity to interact before the horror show.

"Do not mistake my debate for disagreement, but can we be sure this ISN'T the will of heaven? Would they permit such a thing if it wasn't part of their grand plan for the Empire? I must admit that my Theology is just as rusty as my History, but why would Tengoku have sent him back if not for some grand purpose?"

Iko notices Kin's glances and smiles. "Would Ryuuta-sama like an introduction later?"

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:01 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
"But of course, but I hope we can meet under better circumstances." She smiled, and let out a small giggle at the word play. "How funny Agasha-sama. Nature can be wonderful, and I hear there is a wonderful garden here. Have you seen yet?"

She slowly closed her fun, a slight click at the end. "That maybe true, although I will say, I have been fairly busy with preparing for my upcoming act. I enjoy arts and culture in general, besides just theater. Poetry, music, dancing."

"I have not had the opportunity to visit the gardens yet, though I have had an invitation to a tour of them after this court is done." She paused to nod, taking another sip of her tea. "Ah, the other arts. I cannot say I've had any practice or skill in any of them. My vassal family has always been quite busy with their duty, and my training with the Miya had more time given to horsemanship and words than any sort of opportunity for artistic expression. The Togashi are stone cutters more than anything, and we of course are known for our hanagi, but I have had my fair share of exposure to poetry and storytelling in Lion courts at least."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:03 pm 

Deciding he'd indeed go smoke a bit, he set up near a window and watched the crowd a bit more.

The cute one in pink wanted...discussion...? on how we don't understand the ways of spirits...or something...? He thought her words were as dangerous as the Steel Chrysanthemum's knife.

Almost everyone else spoke against the returned spirit Emperor...was she just being contrary? He thought about asking her, but decided he'd rather breathe smoke.

Then he saw the rather prim, modest Matsu enter and almost thought about talking to her just to see if he could figure out if he was a true Lion without her kimono on...but honestly, he wasn't in the mood to sweet talk or, more likely, get told off or forcibly removed from court.

Yeah, not much for me to do here, why did I show up, again?

Puff puff.

When Allowed: Armor, No-Dachi, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:04 pm 

Nagiko wrote:
Nagiko listens to the wisdom coming from the nun. Though she doesn't really fully grasp the deepness of the knowledge coming from the Tao.

'' Why is that? I mean, i have no knowledge about the Tao, or rather my knowledge of it is basic at most, Kayou-san. Why is that spirit a stain to the Celestial Order? Hantei XXII-Heika recognized him as Hantei XVI-heika, right?'' She was being sincere, she didn't fully understand.

'' While i get the crime part, blasphemous some surely would say, are we really to judge what the Hantei do between each other? I don't know if that is the correct phrasing but shouldn't this be considered an internal conflict between two Hantei?'' She asked.

'' Didn't Hantei Yugozohime and Hantei Soujiro had a similar issue?''

"A dispute between siblings is one thingand the Empire has laws to allow such to be adjudicated," says Kayou. "But to return from a spiritual realm and try to reclaim what has passed to your decendant by violence, what sort of ancestor would do such a things? Especially when this one knows that Hantei XXII-Heika would have surrendered the throne to his ancestor if asked. It was the use of unrestrained and unjustified violence that stains the Celestial Order and breaks with the Tao."

"As the Tao says:
'When man interferes with the Tao,
the sky becomes filthy,
the earth becomes depleted,
the equilibrium crumbles,
creatures become extinct.
'"

"It falls to use to set the Empire back upon its proper Tao."

Carries: Prayer Beads, satchel with writing supplies.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:06 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
"I have not had the opportunity to visit the gardens yet, though I have had an invitation to a tour of them after this court is done." She paused to nod, taking another sip of her tea. "Ah, the other arts. I cannot say I've had any practice or skill in any of them. My vassal family has always been quite busy with their duty, and my training with the Miya had more time given to horsemanship and words than any sort of opportunity for artistic expression. The Togashi are stone cutters more than anything, and we of course are known for our hanagi, but I have had my fair share of exposure to poetry and storytelling in Lion courts at least."

"Well, I hope you find them lovely. What is your family's duty Agasha-san? I must say, I am not an expert of heraldry, to the sadness of my sensei." She opened her fan slowly again.

"Dragon art, I have not had many opportunities to observe, though now my interest is peaking."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:15 pm 

A Yogo in court! Yogo Aya's interest in politics was less than nil, but the Lion could demand her support, and so she appeared.

Alright, this wasn't too hard. Step 1: Find someone supporting the SC Step 2: Listen to their arguments Step 3: Point out flaws in their arguments, and refute them.

She found a likely target, listening to them witter on about the Heaven's themselves supporting the return of the dead Emperor and his right to govern. Now she just had to do step three

"Are you fuckin' stupid? Did your mother drop you from the top of the temple steps on your head? Only an idiot would think killing an Emperor would make you an Emperor."

Imperial Support roll TN 15, 8

Nailed it. Maybe I have a future in politics.

(Pm if approached)

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:19 pm 

Yogo Aya wrote:
"Are you fuckin' stupid? Did your mother drop you from the top of the temple steps on your head? Only an idiot would think killing an Emperor would make you an Emperor."

Nailed it. Maybe I have a future in politics.

Norikami coughed, choking on smoke.

Fuck's sake, lady...

He started inching closer, but kept his head down so Aya wouldn't see him.

When Allowed: Armor, No-Dachi, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:20 pm 

As the debates surged and swirled throughout the court Tetsuko felt the words move past her like waves against a rock. Unless something suddenly threatened her brethren she was content to remain unnoticed.Calmly she made crisp folds in a sheet of paper and listened.

"Oh she's very pretty. For a Daidoji." - Random Doji courtier.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:21 pm 

Togashi Iko wrote:
"Do not mistake my debate for disagreement, but can we be sure this ISN'T the will of heaven? Would they permit such a thing if it wasn't part of their grand plan for the Empire? I must admit that my Theology is just as rusty as my History, but why would Tengoku have sent him back if not for some grand purpose?"

Iko notices Kin's glances and smiles. "Would Ryuuta-sama like an introduction later?"

"It would be appreciative of that, yes. I should have had plenty of time, but I got caught up writing many accounts for the official record of happenings in Piranha lands at the court. There weren't many there to represent us and I had no functionaries to assist me," he says with a nod of thanks.

"And I understand your consideration to the other side of the debate. I would say that... why would the heavens allow one person to murder another, only to have their guilt determined in a duel later by Heaven's will? I am very far from being any sort of theologian myself, but what I do know is how the will of the Heavens is supposed to be understood in accordance with the law. When the heavens will something to be true in the legal realm, it is never because someone has openly murdered another in an unrepentant manner. And it is the law of the Empire that has sustained us through these years. If the heavens wished to place the Steel Chrysanthemum on the throne, they would have been able to easily make their will known. Instead, if the heavens are involved at all in his rise, I feel it must be in some other manner, perhaps to test the Empire's resolve and sense of duty. But from what I gather, most theologians would not be capable of determining such a thing since that would likely defeat the point of such a test."

Equipment: Daisho, light armor, naga scimitar, personal seal, notebook, parchment & charcoal, ink brush kit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:22 pm 

Matsu Tani wrote:
"More likely my Father," she shrugged, frowning. "My Mother never held the title of Daimyo, after all. And that... is a question with many layers I think."

Tani's expression darkened considerably before she returned to her neutral expression.

[1 VP spent - lost love]

"The Lion holds both of your parents in high esteem Matsu-sama" Homura said, lowering her head in respect "and we think the same of you. Your deeds are already spoken about. Standing alongside such a famous veteran will inspire our kin to greater heights against this incoming threat."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:26 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
"Well, I hope you find them lovely. What is your family's duty Agasha-san? I must say, I am not an expert of heraldry, to the sadness of my sensei." She opened her fan slowly again.

"Dragon art, I have not had many opportunities to observe, though now my interest is peaking."

"My family are the Atsumaru. Our duty to the Agasha is to find and gather resources for their alchemical magic. That is why my duty involved so much time outdoors. Growing up, even if it wasn't a samurai's duty so to speak, my mother took me out to assist her quite often. A shame that I never learned much about the things she gathered, but it has still lead to my appreciation of nature."

Poemu took the pot and poured herself some more tea, offering wordlessly to pour her host some more. "I have never been south of the Spine Shosuro-san, so I am just as intrigued by Scorpion art. Your clan is far more famous for their art than my own after all."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:28 pm 

Ikoma Homura wrote:

"The Lion holds both of your parents in high esteem Matsu-sama" Homura said, lowering her head in respect "and we think the same of you. Your deeds are already spoken about. Standing alongside such a famous veteran will inspire our kin to greater heights against this incoming threat."

"I hope that my presence is worth half what you believe," she actually smiled somewhat genuinely. "If the Lion are better for my presence, I will be glad for it."

Glorious Death in battle is never untimely.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:32 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
"My family are the Atsumaru. Our duty to the Agasha is to find and gather resources for their alchemical magic. That is why my duty involved so much time outdoors. Growing up, even if it wasn't a samurai's duty so to speak, my mother took me out to assist her quite often. A shame that I never learned much about the things she gathered, but it has still lead to my appreciation of nature."

Poemu took the pot and poured herself some more tea, offering wordlessly to pour her host some more. "I have never been south of the Spine Shosuro-san, so I am just as intrigued by Scorpion art. Your clan is far more famous for their art than my own after all."

"Oh? How interesting." Interesting indeed. "My twin sister also studied medicine and herbalism." She responded idly, and nodding to the tea.

"Oh, than this must be indeed an occasion for new experiences. Perhaps we could get together in the coming days, and I can show you some small samples of my clans art?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:32 pm 

Ryuuta Kin wrote:
"It would be appreciative of that, yes. I should have had plenty of time, but I got caught up writing many accounts for the official record of happenings in Piranha lands at the court. There weren't many there to represent us and I had no functionaries to assist me," he says with a nod of thanks.

Iko nodded at Kin's points regarding the main issue of the court, but took a break away from that conversation for now.

"And how did you find your first major Winter Court assignment. I hope it wasn't too overwhelming? I've heard some of the courtiers say the paperwork can last until the middle of Spring?"

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:37 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
"Oh? How interesting." Interesting indeed. "My twin sister also studied medicine and herbalism." She responded idly, and nodding to the tea.

"Oh, than this must be indeed an occasion for new experiences. Perhaps we could get together in the coming days, and I can show you some small samples of my clans art?"

Poemu looked mildly surprised at that. "I would of course be honored to view any art you felt honored to share with me. You are skilled in other arts then? Not that I would not attend a play that you put on as well, but I imagine that would take more planning."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:40 pm 

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
"It would seem most agree with that, Moto-san," she noted. "I admit I'm not very familiar with the Unicorn yet... but it's my understanding that the Moto are a family of tough warriors? The coming days might see a need for warriors."

The hubbub of all the courtiers arguing simultaneously was becoming overwhelming, to the point where Baatar felt the need to speak more loudly to be heard.

"YES WE'RE REALLY TOUGH FIGHTERS," the Moto bellowed. "WE'RE THE BEST HORSEMEN ANYWHERE. MAYBE I'LL GET TO SHOW YOU SOMETIME!"

"WHAT ABOUT YOU, TOGASHI-SAN?" he asked loudly, shouting to be heard over another noisy courtier. "WILL YOU FIGHT, IF THERE'S A WAR?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:43 pm 

Aya looked at the bellowing Moto. A proper courtier would have looked away, or hidden their glance behind a fan. Aya had never met a Unicorn before, so it was a novel experience, and she looked openly.

Theme Song

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next