It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:22 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Absentee Governor (D11, Late Afternoon)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:44 am 

The governor has sequestered herself within the castle and refused all requests to speak with her, which has only served to undercut morale within the besieged city. With no leadership at hand, samurai have taken to gathering in the court to discuss what should be done next...

(Influence Rolls can be made in this thread.)

Post subject: Re: Absentee Governor (D11, Late Afternoon)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:16 am 

(Influence roll with 3 raises, TN 30 = 41 (4 Imperialist))

Poemu was one of the first to step forward. She bowed to the assembled court before speaking up softly yet clearly. "Samurai of Rokugan. We are assembled here not for pleasantries, but for actions. We are not gathered for small talk, but the fate of the Empire. First however, a moment silence for those samurai who have already fallen in protecting us and the citizens of this city."

The Dragon Ambassador hung her her and murmured a soft prayer to Emma-O before falling silent a moment. When she spoke again, it was with a serious expression that she rarely held.

"While I was absent from the court held two days ago, I have heard that we are divided yet more than we already were. Where before there was merely debate between the legitimacy of the Empress and the Steel Chrysanthemum, now there are those speaking on behalf of one of the late Emperor's brothers, his younger Seppun Kato."

Poemu paused a moment at the name. "I have not met the man, but it is impossible to live in the courts and not have heard of his accumen in them, in politics. The blood of a Hantei flows through him, so it should hardly be a surprise. I've no doubt what so ever that Seppun Kato would do his brother's memory proud."

"Yet, what this does is set us against each other. There are still those whom, for various reasons, speak of Hantei Okocheo being a true Hantei fit to take the throne. Most, however, have agreed the thought scandalous. I would speak no more of that possibility, for I agree." She shook her head. "What does Seppun-dono's claim do besides put us at each other's throats? If true samurai are too busy bickering with each other, then they will look away from the true villain."

"The Empress and heir still live, the wife and descendent of the Son of Heaven that was taken from us. Why should we push them aside for one but not the other? Seppun-dono is not a monster, but he also should not become one. We, and he, should unite behind the Imperial line, not shove it aside. The Empress, the Hantei's true heir... they need ALL of our support, now more than ever. To throw that unity aside, to cast the Son of Heaven's family into further turmail..." Poemu trailed off, shaking her head again.

"We are better than that. Our heroes did not die facing the enemy so that we could stain their duty with new squabbling. Support the Empress. Support her son. Support the memory of our Emperor." She bowed once more and stepped aside.

(PM if approaching <3)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:18 am 

(Influence: Imperialist roll with 4 raises tn35: 39 )j

The Shakanar made his way into the court, taking in the empty spot where the governor should be with a calm eye, and then dove into the conversation. Often he would be the calm voice between two samurai who were arguing heatedly, on the verge of breaking the standards of courtesy, always smoothing ruffled feathers. He was subtle, but ardent in his support of the empress and her child. He was not afraid to be more vocal, but subtlety was his primary weapon today, making those who were on the fence think that the idea had been theirs all along. He played the court like a fine instrument, doing what he had been training for for years.

And he spoke of the stories of The Kashiwagi. The Kayou. Telling stories of the hope they engendered. The work they did for the good of the empire. Trying to inspire those who were gathered to be more like them. To do their duty. To remember their oaths of loyalty. He made sure that his influence was felt on the court. That his words lingered long with those who were there to listen, and that those who were on the fence were drawn to his side over the opposing.

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:29 am 

Unsure exactly what to expect, Mei enters the room and takes up a position on the left side, watching over those speaking. Listening. Watching.

((Open to be approached!))

Carries: Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Yumi (on back)
Rides: Ti-Lu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:34 am 

Miya Mei wrote:
Unsure exactly what to expect, Mei enters the room and takes up a position on the left side, watching over those speaking. Listening. Watching.

((Open to be approached!))

While she was still keeping and ear open for others' speeches, Poemu spotted Mei and approached with a smile. She bowed.

"Miya-sama, konnichiwa. I had heard that a Miya had come to the city. This one is Agasha Poemu, student of the Miya Heralds. Have you had rice today?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:37 am 

Mei bows.

"Miya Mei. I arrived just this morning after a hard ride from Otosan Uchi. I have, and you?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:45 am 

Much like before, the small Moto arrived at court entirely unsure of what to expect. The mood seemed a depressing one with the battle going on, but life continued.

Except for the governor, who had locked herself away? That seemed...wrong at this time. Wasn't she a Lion?

Maybe she's given up? The Lion seem in a bad way here....

Akemi stood to a side, dressed more like a Crane than a Unicorn, and listened for now. She at least still had her smile and the air of approachability to her.

(OOC - open for interaction, just poke me if you do!)

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:00 am 

Miya Mei wrote:
Mei bows.

"Miya Mei. I arrived just this morning after a hard ride from Otosan Uchi. I have, and you?"

She gave a faint smile. "Hai, I have. I am glad one can still get into the city despite the forces outside. Was the ride hard Miya-sama?""

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:04 am 

"They haven't yet completely encircled you, though surely by the end of the day they will. "

"The ride...Probably the quickest Ti-Lu and I have gone. Originally I had intended to go north to Toshi no Omoidoso through the pass, but when I arrived I found it completely...gone. The mountains all around it caved in. When this is all over, that's going to make a lot of complications."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:19 am 

Poemu gave a stoic nod. "Hai. I am ambassador to the Lion, and I know it will be a great work to under take. I hope the Dragon can help them."

She paused, but couldn't help asking. "Is Miya-sama formerly of the Crane, or trained by them?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:22 am 

"I would hope so too, there will be much need for unity."

Mei looks down at her mons for a moment and then back to Poemu.

"Trained, Kakita Duelist Academy. And you were trained by my family? How long ago was your gempukku?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:02 pm 

Eika slipped in to the castle to tell a courtier her thoughts on the ongoing debate. " Look what the Steel Chrysanthemum has done to some of our greatest heroes. How barbaric can his army be? Do you wish to live in a Rokugan with that manner of leadership?" Her words were weak and mumbled, swaying none and reaching no ears. After a moment, she shrugged and walked right back out of the room.

/exit scene

(Ooc: 2 raises TN25 imperialist 16, fail

Accompanied by lions Seiji and Kaori
Carries/wears Light Armor, Daisho, no-daichi, koan about perseverance in the face of failure, the book "Akodo's Leadership"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:36 pm 

Otomo Ryuji entered the courtroom with anger and sorrow in his heart. He heard about the fallen and it was all that he could stand. He composed himself and measured his words as he stood in the center of the court and spoke with a clear and loud tone.

The sound of him snapping his fan open was to garner attention.

"Outside the walls are the heads of those who gave their lives and service to our way of life and tradition. They gave their lives in service and in the name of the Empress and the heir. Their heads sit out there both as an insult to each and everyone of us and as a trophy to what is now obviously a vicious, callous, butcher. Those heroes deserved much better than that. WE deserve much better than that."

A beat.

"I implore each and everyone of you to remember their sacrifice, remember who and what they fought for. They fought for the Empress. The fought for the heir. They fought for the empire! Theirs was a testament to what is to give their last, full measure of devotion. May their memories and sacrifice live on in our hearts and minds. May the righteousness of the Empress be shown upon all those who would threaten and oppose her and the heir. May the justice of the empire be swift against all those who would dare come against us. For the heroes. For the Empress! FOR THE EMPIRE!"

Ryuji finished his impassioned speech snapping his fan closed. He bowed for three heartbeats, one for Asako Kashiwagi, one for Matsu Mogami, and one for the monk Kayou.
When he rose, he left the center of the court and stood near a pillar.

((Influence Roll Courtier/Rhetoric Awareness + 2 Raises with 1VP TN 25: 58 pass +3pts Imperialist))

((PM if approaching))

Honor: Untrustworthy • Glory: 2.0 • Status: 3.5

Theme

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:59 pm 

Horongai rises from her seat. She's fully clad in armor, yet respectfully carrying the helmet and face mask on her left arm. Since the Governor is not present, she takes the stage unimpeded.

"Minna-sama." The Miharu provides one deep bow for everyone gathered, and starts.

"I would like to reinforce to dear friends, and to fellow samurai, that as stated perviously here, the Imperial Consort –– our esteemed Empress –– is not the ruling sovereign, and never was. In all the history of this glorious Empire, only the Hantei lineage have the full blessings of the Heavens to rule over all."

She puts an open palm over her chest, to reinforce her thoughts, and explains further, "The Miya Shisha are the Voice of the Emperor, and it is this same voice that endorsed the words coming from Seppun Kato-dono. Who are we to deny the very will of the Miya, endorsed by our late Emperor?"

She exhales deeply, taking a moment for the question to sink, and then looks at them in the eyes, one by one. "I wish those words weren't true –– Benten-no-kami knows it more than others –– but honor binds me, it binds us, to accept them. Hear me: The Empress child is not the legitimate heir!"

Horonigai looks up to the skies, as her air starts to fail: thinking of her most admired friend. She smiles to the court, proud, and adds, "Do not forget the our Biggest Hero. The Black Phoenix. Do not forget his Lecture. The Fourty Two Reasons, and many others."

She claps her hands, closing her eyes. "May the Kami light your path to Yomi!"

A moment, and she clearly states, "I challenge anyone blessed enough to defy the words I just stated, on my Honor, to prove themselves to the fair judgement of Heavens, or learn from their mistakes."

Horonigai bows, and returns to her seat.

--
Courtier/Awareness +VP +Benten +1 Raise (Avoid Offense) TN 20: 5d10o10k5-5 30
+1 Point to Separatists

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:11 pm 

Listening to the arguments not fully grasping all the back and forth or what it had to do with the army camping outside the gates he finally cleared his throat. He rolled his shoulders and then took a more prominent spot on the floor dressed in riding leathers and furs, his thick stiff boots making a resounding thump with each heavy step. He stroked his beard and said in a gravelly deep voice, “So how we going to kick these bastards in the teeth.”

“They took some of our best and we just going to send them sternly worded letters? I thought we were going to hear something about a counterattack this is a time for battle.”

He added to the Imperial in a dry tone, “You say, Sayyeda, that the Empress-consort gave birth to a bastard? Bad tidings that.”

Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse "Bashiru", Moto Scimitar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:38 pm 

Horonigai doesn't really get the chick accent of the Moto at first. She takes a moment to measure the him, after all, there was a lot going on there with leathers, furs and loudness.

The Miharu nods, saying, "They are our elders, it is important to show respect, ne, Moto-san. We should honorably confront them, and learn the lesson the are passing down. Eventually, the student overcomes the sensei. No matter how harsh the sensei is."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:50 pm 

“Ain’t my elders, all I see is bunch of bastards that deserve to be cut down,” he replied coarsely.

“They are the enemy, until they submit or die.”

Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse "Bashiru", Moto Scimitar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:24 pm 

Oh no oh no oh no..

Akemi watched the cartwreck between Batzurig and Horonigai from behind her fan, trying to keep the look of terror from reaching her eyes.

Just...stop talking! Please!

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:31 pm 

Moto Batzurig wrote:
“Ain’t my elders, all I see is bunch of bastards that deserve to be cut down,” he replied coarsely.

“They are the enemy, until they submit or die.”

She raises from her seat and takes a foot ahead, inclining her head with a narrowed green eye at him. "Stop neighing, you ass of a samurai."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:41 pm 

“Sayyeda has a bark,” he said rolling his shoulders.

He laughed deeply and continued pounding his chest, “I am Moto Batzurig, sayyeda, son of Moto Hazuri, may she rest in the sands and Shinjo Butaro, may he rest forever at her side. I am Moto in blood, as my honored uncle, Moto Gantulga, it is known. If you wish me to stop neighing then come, I am no Butar buffoon, but my skills are sharp.”

“I have broken stronger mares.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next