It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:32 pm

Post subject: [D10 LA] Eating while the world burns (Open)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:44 am 

chen sat in one of the few businesses that remained open despite the chaos that had reached the gates. But he had seen no place that he could help and he had no orders to do so. So here he sat eating a late lunch while a literal war waged outside the city walls.

At least it was nice and peaceful.

When appropriate: Light Armor, Yumi

Profile Mask

Post subject: Re: [D10 LA] Eating while the world burns (Open)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:12 am 

A cloaked samurai woman enters the small restaurant. She notices the Scorpion and nods, but doesn't act like she expects to join him. She hangs her damp cloak and makes for a separate table, her Hare Clan mons clearly visible as she passes within easy hearing of the Scorpion.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:32 am 

"Usgai-san come! Sit with me, may as well share a meal with company since we may all be dead in a few hours." He said with a grim humor but the smile on his lips seemed genuine enough.

Profile Mask

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:42 am 

The smile that crosses the Hare's face is equally genuine and fatalistic. She hesitates just a moment, blinks, then nods her assent.

"Of course, Bayushi-san. I am honored to share one of our last meals together. This one is Usagi Kimika." She gracefully sits opposite him, nodding toward a server who seemed to hesitate about approaching. Perhaps she'd heard the comment about death. "Does Bayushi-san recommend anything in particular?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:59 am 

"Nice to meet you Usagi-san, this one goes by Bayushi Chen." He looked about for a moment and had a face of thought "No can't say that I do. I have never eaten here before, I ordered some chicken and vegetable but they seem to have a lot of offerings."

Profile Mask

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:24 am 

Kimika nods and, when the server arrives, asks for something filling and mild in flavor. She takes little notice as the uncomfortable server scampers away with the order.

"Is Bayushi-san as new to Nikesake as I am? The winter at Toshi no Omoidoso was pleasant, but the last several days have been much less so." Kimika seemed to be keeping the conversation noncommittal to start.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:46 am 

"I have been here for a few days, I arrived before the refugees as this was the next logical place for them to flee to." He paused for a moment studying her features "your name sounds familiar Kimika.....were you born into the Usagi?" He asked with a single raised eyebrow.

Profile Mask

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:41 am 

"I was not, Bayushi-san," she says without reaction. "My honored parents are of the Shosuro, and my daisho was earned at the Bayushi Bushi School before the War of Crossed Pincers." The woman purposefully places a rogue wisp of hair behind her right ear, expression still neutral.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:32 am 

He tapped the table twice "yes, yes Shosuro Kimika I heard your name before but can't say I remember what about. Those wars were long ago and much happened. I also served in the war of crossed pincers." Almost all bushi in the clan at the time did.

Profile Mask

Last edited by Bayushi Chen on Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:41 am 

The Hare nods her head politely. "My gempukku was not long before the war," she shares, "and I was betrothed to the Hare right after the war. I'm honored that my glorious champion, Usagi Yukana-dono, came to the clan the same way. The Hare are growing strong beside our Scorpion cousins." Kimika ventures another smile, this one more warm, friendly even.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:56 am 

"Ah yes The Hare do share a special place in the hearts of the Scorpion. Out of the minor clans you are the one that can likely attract our attention." He took a sip of tea "So what brings Usagi-san here during these novel times?" He asked with a bit of mirth.

Profile Mask

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:36 am 

"Usagi Yukana-dono sent me to the winter court at Toshi no Omoidoso to build our relationship with the Lion Clan. As the Hare Clan matures, we must ensure that we have positive relations with all the clans -- just as our Scorpion cousins do," she said with a wide grin.