It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:47 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Inter-Crab relations (Day 9 LM, expecting)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:48 pm 

Amaya had been two seconds away from getting a bop to the head. The growing glare of warning left Maiya's face as she had her cup filled with sake. She gives her cousin a playful smile instead, ever used to her teasing. I'll get you back for that. Right now Amaya had one upped her, but her time would come.

"Thank you Amaya-san."

She lifts her cup and declares 'kampai' before having a good sip. Like her cousin her focus then switches to the meal proper. She turns to Yukarin, ushering her to fill her plate and not hold back.

"You do have a lot left Yasuki-sama. Did you know there's an Isawa in this city who part owns a Crab sake works? She has good sake too. This inn's isn't bad, but it's not the taste of home."

Merrily shifting very gently left and right in her excitement the elder Kaiu begins to eat. Umai!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:05 pm 

"Kampai." Amaya calmly joins in, with her own cup lifted and follows the toast up with a sip. Then it is back to the grilled fish. Covered in tasty teriyaki sauce.

It takes some effort to keep her expression of delight from becoming too apparent and leave it at merely 'obvious' instead.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:58 pm 

"A Phoenix who owns part of a Crab sake works? Is it made in this city then, or is it literally a sake works down in Crab lands?"

She says a quiet kampai as well before taking a sip; Her question is asked with obvious interest on her part.

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:28 am 

"The latter Yasuki-sama. It's good too. I could introduce you? Isawa Miwako is her name. She's good company and very kind. I'm not really sure why she's in this city, but she is here with her husband and child. Amaya-san was actually holding them just a couple of hours ago."

She looked to Amaya with a cheeky smile. "She is pleased now to be enjoying lunch, but you should have seen her with her maternal instincts engaged. It was very cute."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:55 am 

Amaya pauses eating with the chopsticks still in her mouth and looks at her cousin with a deeply embarrassed blush.

It's not my fault babies are adorable!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:58 am 

"See? Like that, but about twice again as cute." Maiya comments with satisfaction as she manages to get Amaya to blush.

There, now we're even.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:07 am 

Amaya gives Maiya a small pout around the chopsticks in her mouth. Slowly pulling them out, she finishes chewing, swallows, takes a deep breath and finally shakes her head with a smile, her cheeks still faintly flushed.

She turns back towards Yukarin with a little shrug.

See how my cousin teases me?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:15 am 

Yukarin grins at the interaction between the two, finishing her miso soup as she listens, "I agree with you Maiya-san; She is very adorable when she is thinking about babies. But then, you are both adorable when you are talking like you're sisters."

carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:49 am 

"Well, uh..." She looks down. "I don't know about adorable, but we are battle sisters so..."

Shrugging her shoulders she resumes eating so she wouldn't be embarrassed further. Yukarin had made sure they both had blushed.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:06 pm 

"Well, that must be it then. You just have the bickering and nonverbal communication thing down pat from two sisters who grew up together, that's all. It's heartwarming to see, being so far from family."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:36 pm 

"Well, we did grow up together Yasuki-sama. Same village. Played together as kids." She looks up and smiles. "I had to stop Amaya-san from doing silly things whenever another kid told her a tall tale."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:03 am 

Deciding not to push that last point, Yukarin latched on to the first part, "Was that in Kaiu lands then? What was that like? I know it's not like Yasuki lands, but I also hear they're not so on alert as Hida. Hiruma, or Kuni lands."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:16 am 

Maiya responds naturally, freely sharing the information with Yukarin. They were kin after all. "That's about right. We grew up in Kuda Mura in Kuda province. It was pretty peaceful. It's a good distance East of the Kaiu Wall."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:37 am 

"East? Like..."

She thought a bit.

"...I thought only the ocean and Asahina lands were east of the Wall. Well, and Crab lands, really."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:27 pm 

"East of the Northern parts of the Wall Yasuki-sama." In other words not Eastern Crab lands, but merely Eastern Kaiu lands.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:41 pm 

"There's a northern Wall? Hm. I guess the image I always had was a single wall that stretched across the southern border of the Empire, and I forget that's not a straight line."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:41 pm 

"It's closer to a quarter circle."

Maiya had some more of her breakfast. It was really good.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:42 pm 

"I usually don't think of walls as curving, but I suppose that's just a lack of imagination. And not seeing many walls as such while I was with the Unicorn."

Wanting some more tea she poured herself some; It was too early to have more than a bit of sake for her.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:10 pm 

"The individual sections are mostly straight. It changes angle at certain forts or watch points. You ought to see it one day. You won't like it, but you ought to see it. Ano, you might find it motivating Yasuki-sama."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:20 pm 

Yukarin gave a soft smile and a slight nod at Maiya, "I can understand that. I hear they're a marvel of engineering and defensive planning. I've been learning a lot about such things this winter, even since I've come here to Nikesake."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next