It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Post subject: Re: [Day 10, Late Morning] Prayers Before Battle
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:18 am 

"I am sure that they are useful in their own way," she grinned. "Just differently than I might be used to."

Glorious Death in battle is never untimely.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:57 am 

"If we never engage with what is different than what we are used to, then we never learn or expand our horizons, Matsu-sama. I knew very little of your clan except your reputation as ferocious warriors, before I left the High House of Light to travel the Empire."

She cast a wistful glance in the direction of the Dragon lands. A brief pang of homesickness. Of missing someone.

"But in my time in your lands, I've come to learn that there is much more than just that reputation. Indeed, you are ferocious warriors. But I've seen from Matsu Mogami-sama that the lesson of leadership that is to care for those in your command. And from Matsu Tani-sama that caution is also a valued trait."

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:59 am 

"Don't tell any of my family members that," she grinned. "I might get disowned."

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:02 am 

"Oho?" she feigned surprise. "Ara ara... is it such a disliked trait in a Matsu?"

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:07 am 

"A Matsu moves forward, never back," she spoke calmly. "And fights with no concern over anything but victory. Death is always an acceptable consequence, so long as it is achieved." She smiled ruefully. "I have seen many a Matsu die feeling that way, Togashi-san. And they are not wrong, per se. But I tend to believe that knowing when to unleash that fury is as important as the fury itself. If you throw yourself into the first fight without any concern and die without having accomplished anything, you are wasting the Empire's resources."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:13 am 

"Mm," nodding, the Dragon crossed her arms, allowing her bared arm to tuck into the one sleeve of her kimono.

"There is wisdom in your words. I hope it's someone many will learn in the coming days..."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:22 am 

"If they don't, we are liable to run out of defenders quickly," she muttered.

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:24 am 

Another thoughtful nod, and another glance in the direction of the city's gates.

"I pray the Fortunes will be with you today, Matsu-sama. A woman of your reputation, your certain you inspire glory and honor in the battle to come."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:37 pm 

"I pray the same for you, Togashi-San. May you find fortune in the battles that come." She took a breath. "And... please, call me Tani. I do not need my friends speaking so formally of me."

Description