It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:57 pm

Post subject: Asa gohan (D10 EM - An inn common room)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:40 pm 

Taking a seat in the common room of the inn she was staying at, Maiya ordered breakfast. Nothing too fancy today. Just some rice, river fish and miso soup.

Still dressed in a dark blue kimono rather than her armour, as she hadn't left the inn yet, she used her time waiting to think about all those she had met in the city thus far. There were a lot of non-Crab. She felt she was becoming friendly with some of them. Perhaps, when this was all over, she might be able to stay in touch via letters?

If I survive.

A wealthier merchant was eating in the common room too, but it was otherwise empty.

Post subject: Re: Asa gohan (D10 EM - An inn common room)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:31 pm 

She was determined. The safety of many would depended on her success in this mission. In a failure, her mood would be affected with an unsurmountable amount of bitterness that would cause much pain and regret to many that would meet her today.

Horonigai enters the next inn, trying to find a breakfast place that would serve the famous Nikesake Yomogi Mochi, since one of the main vendors closed his store and moved to Toshi Ranbo.

"OHAYOU GOZAIMASU!" She shouts at the door and bows. When the inn proprietor greets her, she finally smiles with the confirmation.

The Seppun scans around to find a place to sear as suggested by the proprietor and finds a cute familiar face. She bows, asking, "Good morning, Kaiu-san. Please, treat me kindly. May I sit nearby to share Inari-no-kami's bleesings?"

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:45 pm 

The Imperial found me!? Was Maiya first thought as she almost dropped her chopsticks upon seeing Horonigai. Instead, she gripped them tighter and looked up to the Imperial.

"Ano, ohayo gozaimasu Seppun-sama. I did not expect to see you this morning. Eto, please be welcome."

She sets down her chopsticks and bows low to the Seppun.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:33 am 

"Arigato, ne! Kaiu-san." She bows quickly to the Maiya and secures a lock of hair behind her ear before taking a seat. The Seppun straightens her hakama and, satisfied with decorum, raises her green eyes to look at the other samurai-ko.

A few batting eyelashes and she smiles.

"I've heard the mochi here at Nikesake is so good, neh!" Her eyes move anxiously to the servants preparing her breakfast, while her hands move to fetch the warm cup of green tea to open up the appetite.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:12 am 

She looks prettier today. Maybe it's just seeing her closer up. The Kaiu maiden shuffled about slightly where she sat. She'd only meant to say hello, not to invite the other woman to breakfast.

Then the Seppun was sitting opposite her and she was trapped. Her gaze drifted down after noting Horonigai's green eyes. Don't stare koma. She'll get offended. It was a little difficult with the Imperial batting her eyelashes and smiling. However, Maiya really did not want to upset the other woman in any way. Her Sensei had been adamant about the danger of high ranking Imperials.

"Ano, I've only tried them once. They were very nice. Hai." She answers quietly, just sort of sitting there like a useless wet blanket.

Meanwhile the servants were busy moving to accommodate their important new guest! Tea was served, then miso and light snacks, then the elusive yomogi mochi; a generous helping on a large plate.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:06 pm 

Horonigai's eyes widen at the delicious vision of those tasty treats. She puffs her lips and move them left and right as if a rabbit looking to a carrot. Hands held together, she bows her head to give them a prayer, "Itadakimaaaaaasu~"

A sip of the warm tea, hashi in hand, and she precisely fetches one of those squishy delicacies. The Imperial maiden presses it twice while holding it in front of her eyes before popping it on her mouth, saying, "Mochi-mochi!".

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:27 pm 

So much for pretty. The mochi antics were enough for Maiya to simply refocus on her breakfast.

With the Imperial having tea and nomming mochi the Crab would quietly eat the rest of her meal.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:28 pm 

Horonigai takes her time. With each bite, she rewinds the time on her mind, erasing something that was cause of pain or distress. The girl quickly finds herself devouring most of the mochi, leaving just a couple left.

Then, she slowly gets sick of herself, indulging in a treat in a time such as this.

Shameful!

She thinks with a frown, and takes the plate with both hands to offer the Kaui. "Douzo."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:33 pm 

She's really gorging on those. Maiya thinks to herself as she finishes up her meal.

Her chopsticks are set down for the final time and she gives the usual pleasantry for the meal.

Then there was mochi! They did look good...

"Ano, are you sure Seppun-sama? You were really enjoying them..." She asks, slowly beginning to reach for the plate.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:38 pm 

"Un!" She nods, determined. "I only enjoyed the first ones."

Horonigai insists, "Take them, onegaishimasu."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:55 pm 

There were a couple left...

"Ano, if you are sure?" She asks, touching the plate. The mochi was green like the Seppun's eyes. Maiya ducked her head down again. "H-how have you been Seppun-sama?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:13 pm 

Horonigai nods and spreads a thin smile, that was just polite enough to hide the heavy sorrow on her shoulders. "Anno... I've been better."

Looking sideways, she forgets to release the plate for a moment, and the shivers a bit, noticing her fault. "Shitsurei, ne. Please enjoy them." She nods again and takes a sip of the tea.

"O genki desu ka?" She askes how Miya was doing, in return for her pleasantry, after the sip.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:33 pm 

"Eto..." The Imperial still held the plate. When she released it Maiya slowly slid it back to herself. "H-hai, thank you." She would pick one up ready to eat.

Her gaze drifted back to the Seppun as she leaned back. "I've been well thank you. The City has been relatively calm. I've heard about some announcements making things complicated, but nothing I can do about that. Sensei always said for me to worry about stuff I could do something about. Ano, are you feeling better after eating some mochi?"

Maiya began to eat the second to last mochi as she kept her gaze around the other woman's shoulders. She was trying to be as polite and respectful as possible.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:06 am 

"Iie... I should have, but I do not. I guess I ate too fast. Shame on me, neh~" She pouts a bit while looking to the rain outside.

Horonigai takes a sorrowful breath of air, and gives another look at the whole meal set for her: with several well-prepared dishes and other delicacies puffing up a warm steam in that cold, rainy day.

Gently, she grabs her chopsticks back, and fetches a lump of rice to chew on.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:52 am 

Chewing on her mochi the Crab makes a couple noises of acknowledgement. She wasn't going to pressure the Imperial to talk about what was bothering her, but she was curious.

Maybe it was time to change topic?

Cleaning her fingers in her mouth after eating up the second last mochi she plucks one of her usual topics out of thin air. "So, uh... heard any interesting rumours of late Seppun-sama?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:07 am 

She shakes her head negatively, "U-un. I'm not that keen into rumors, Kaiu-san. I was told to listen, but avoid spreading. Anything you think is important to share?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:13 am 

"Iie, not recently." She admits. That was a miss.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:34 am 

Noticing she was not being such a good conversation partner, Horonigai fetches Miaya's eyes to ask. "Ne, Kaiu-san. I wonder: how long does it take for a Hiruma to go from Shiro Hiruma to Kuyden Hida?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:57 am 

Maiya cocked an eyebrow at the very precise question. However, she gave it some thought and came to a likely not-too-far-out figure. Informing the Seppun her expression was clear.

Why?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:02 am 

She giggles for a change, looking how cute Maiya looked when confused. "Eto. I was talking with Togashi Tsukimi-san about Crab lands, since I was never there. I made a joke about a sensei asking students to run on top of the wall to... eto... forget that. She said it wasn't something that the Crab would often do."