It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:10 pm

Post subject: Re: Brood War [D10, LA, Expecting]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:41 am 

"I intend to do my duty, whichever form it may take. I am merely reciting a line of hypothetical thought. No more, no less."

He took up a position leaning against a bridge post, back turned on the battle. "I observe, I discern, I enact."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:44 am 

The Miharu shakes her head at his curt speech. "Ne. Deeds, not words. Samurai."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:54 am 

"If you've seen my deeds I've not done them properly. Or perhaps I use my words to inspire further deeds. Who could possibly know for certain?"

Degarashi closed his eyes. "The mochi was quite delicious."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:09 am 

"I am happy you enjoyed it." She muses genuinely, even if not looking at him anymore.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:14 am 

Degarashi considered his next words carefully, idly fingering the medicine kit in his obi.

"It's the second most surprising thing to come out of your armor in such a fashion, I'm afraid to think what might be next."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:17 am 

"Nani?" She turns back facing him with a serious glare. "You should be very afraid!"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:20 am 

"Truly? Oh, what fearsome fate could possibly be in store next?" He still had one hand on the medicine kit. The urge for some humor was great, but so was the need to retain all his limbs.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:25 am 

Horongai growls and takes a solid step further, ready for a vicious attack

---
Initiative: Initiatve vs. Degarashi: 5d10o10k3 19
Stance: Attack
ATN: 25

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:31 am 

Degarashi, for his part, adopted a more defensive posture, still smirking.

---------
Initiative: 6d10o10k3 21
Stance: Defense
ATN: 23

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:46 am 

She bumps her well-armored battle chest at the small man, and grabs him by the collar tightly, trying to lift him up off his feet.

"I heard a story about a Scorpion..." She nearly shouts while her eyes burn in rage behind the mempo.

---
Jujutsu/Agility TN 23 + VP (Grapple): 6d10o10k4 29
Jujutsu/Strenght Contested vs. Degarashi: 5d10o10k3 25

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:48 am 

Control grapple, VP for jiujutsu: 4d10o10k3 24
Fail
-------

Degarashi squirmed uselessly, glancing out over the side of the bridge. "Let me guess, it has something to do with swimming?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:50 am 

"HAAAAAAI-YAH!"

She shouts her confirming kiai while catapulting him off the bridge with a jujutsu throw.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:56 am 

Degarashi watches as his world spins about him, heading from the bridge towards the waters below.

Athletics(Swimming): 6d10o10k3 22

Luckily this Scorpion actually can swim, and when he hits the water, he's able to control the descent and make his way back to the surface.

"Impressive work, Seppun-hime! I can't wait to see what pops out next!"

Then he takes a dive and swims as fast as he can in the other direction.

/ swim away like a jackass

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:00 am 

Unladylike, Horonigai curses Degarashi's next generation from atop the bridge behind her mempo. Thankfully inaudible from a distance.

/Scene