It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:46 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Day 10, Late Morning] Prayers Before Battle
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:18 am 

"They are not. We are people, and the only truth that is certain is that we are fallible."

Glorious Death in battle is never untimely.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:05 pm 

"Indeed, we are merely human, and therefore fallible." Judging by her tone, she seemed to be well aware of her own faults that made her fallible.

"But that is also our blessing. We can learn from our faults, and our mistakes. Failing is often the harshest, but most important lesson."

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:38 pm 

"Then I will simply hope that I survive long enough to learn from my failures," she nodded with a smile. "A failure that kills you is certainly no learning experience, save maybe in the next life."

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:46 pm 

"If only we could take such experiences with us in the next turn of the wheel... but we can take some comfort in knowing that others may learn from our examples?" she chuckled mirthfully at that.

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:46 pm 

"A cold comfort to the dead, perhaps," she smirked, "though I suppose that it matters less to them at that point, neh?"

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:06 pm 

"Ah, I would have thought a Lion would consider the benefits of bestowing wisdom upon the next generation," she smirked teasingly.

"If I leave this life having imparted wisdom and knowledge on the lives I've touched, then it bodes well for my kharma and dharma. Hopefully, it will bring my next reincarnation one step closer to enlightenment."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:08 pm 

"Enlightenment, hrm." Tani tapped her chin. "I've never given the idea any though, I'd admit. But I do agree with you. If the lessons learned from my life can inspire even one person in the next generation to be better, then it is a life that will have been lived well."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:15 pm 

She smiled curiously at the Lioness.

"Have you read the Tao before, Matsu-sama?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:17 pm 

"I've not," she shook her head. "Every Lion dojo has a copy sitting in it, forever unread. But the Tao is not the way of the Lion. I respect those who follow it, but am never likely to read it myself."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:22 pm 

"Never?" Tsukimi was a little surprised. She knew the Lion in general didn't read the Tao because of their found, but to never read it...

"Not even when you retire?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:30 pm 

"I would be very fortunate to live long enough to consider what happens when I retire," Tani smiled. "My life is chaotic, full of battle. If I no longer carry my oaths to the Lion, and am fortunate enough to live out a life of contemplation at the end of my Service, then perhaps I shall open it then. But that will be a new life, and new opportunities. Matsu Tani still will have honored Akodo's wishes, as did her ancestors going back to the lineage of Matsu herself."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:54 am 

"Ah. I see," she smiled as flicker of understanding was present in her juniper eyes.

"I hope that Matsu Tani will get the chance to see such a new life, as I would very much look forward to hearing your thoughts on the work. Who knows, we could trade anecdotes about the Tao and Leadership both."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:59 am 

"Perhaps. But I won't stop fighting as hard as I can hoping to see such a day. I would be glad to have such conversation with Tsukimi-san once such a retirement occurs, but don't expect me to play safe hoping to get there." She smirked gently.

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:48 am 

"Of course," she mused, "Leadership teaches us that in battle, we cannot be burdened with thoughts of self-preservation, only with the destruction of the enemy."

A thought occurred to her and she tilted her head to the side as she looked at Tani. "Is it true that many Lion samurai write their own notes in their personal copies of Leadership?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:10 am 

She nodded. "Indeed. And the Lion Champion is always expected to add their own additions to Leadership."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:33 am 

"That must make for quite the volume over time," Tsukimi mused. "Have you added your own notes to your copy then?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:02 am 

"Not as such, no," she shook her head. "Not besides some basic scribbles. Sadly, an amazing insight into the art of war has not occurred to me yet."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:05 am 

Tsukimi tutted, as if she was a teacher who now was a little disappointed in her student.

"Well then! I shall have to acquire a copy myself, and then we shall both improve ourselves by comparing notes together. Your insight will be different than mine, I am certain."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:07 am 

"Of that, there is no doubt," She nodded, "But I'll be glad to see what insights you have available."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:09 am 

"My insights are usually available all the time, but whether or not they are helpful is another matter entirely," she smirked.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next