It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:37 pm

Post subject: Re: Blades of Toshigoku (D10 EE Phoenix Embassy)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:45 am 

"Please... ano, is this person okay in there?"

This was all somewhat bizarre.

"Oh. Please do what you have to." Meaning he could touch her face or ask her to take off a gauntlet. She had gathered magical things required contact.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:09 am 

"No! NO! NOOOO~~" The voice is quickly muffled, leaving only a few muted thumping sounds from behind the wall.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:40 am 

"That person has a history of believing they are the queen of the bees, Lord of the Eagles, or actually able to fly (that was a fun few nights). They seem to have something new every time the Lord Moon 'blesses' them. They are currently tied to a sturdy desk, and now, again, gagged. This rising seems to be attempts to make everyone around them look bad."

When her gauntlet is removed, he pulls out a well used scroll, and reminds himself of the prayers on it. Then, he reaches out, touches her hand, and a rush of energy goes through her, sealing the wound without a scar.

"Huh. The water kami seem eager to help you this day. Wonder why? Oh, well, that should take care of it."

OOC: 29 wounds healed, double explosion makes up for the two 1s.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:32 am 

Two servants carry Isawa Inugami back into the embassy, his arms tied behind his back and his feet bound by sturdy rope.

"Don't let them do this!" he calls out to the Crab as they pass, his eyes wide. "They're going to turn me into scrolls!"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:40 am 

Hachi shook his head. "Tie him to a sturdy pillar, and if he starts screaming, gag him."

"Again, I apologize."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:50 am 

"The pillars are made of people!" the samurai shouts as the servants carry him into the next room. "PEOPLE!!!"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:10 am 

"Gag him."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:29 pm 

"I... see?" Maiya glanced between the shugenja and her cousin. This was all really weird. She did her best to ignore the strange bits and to be on her best behaviour. Is this normal for Phoenix samurai? Must be. All the preparations the Phoenix were showing, and their hardly surprised reactions, made her think this was commonplace among that Clan.

Then came the healing. She actually felt the surge of it rush through her. It was tingly. Fully healed and amazed by the process, Maiya flexes her arms and shoulders and actually grins as everything feels fine again. Even the tender areas, which had been bruised, felt good now. Getting her gauntlet back on with one arm busy holding onto the bundles was difficult, but she managed.

"Thank you Isawa-sama!"

She might have said more if not for Inugami being lugged back into the Phoenix Embassy. "Eto..." She looks away, not wanting to respond to his ranting.

At the apology she just nods a few times as she tried to be understanding. Then she remembered her purpose despite the distractions.

"Actually, I wanted to ask someone about these." She tapped the bundles. "We fought some creatures that descended from the sky. A portal maybe? They arrived in the streets and we killed them. Their bodies remained, but their spirits went back into the sky. They were like bestial creatures on two legs. I thought they might be, ano, from the South. However, they didn't react to jade. They left their weapons." She made a couple head motions toward the bundles, hinting at what was wrapped up inside. "We weren't sure if they were safe. Leaving them in the street seemed a bad idea. Could you have a look at them? Maybe you might know if they're safe, or otherwise how to dispose of them?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:07 pm 

Hachi listens to her reasoning. "I am no expert in the other realms, but I can certainly try to look them over."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:30 pm 

"Onegaishimasu."

Maiya would set down one of the bundles before Hachi when they were in a side room or meeting room. She then unwrapped what was inside.

A nasty looking tsuno blade. It was definitely not a katana.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:51 am 

Hachi looked them over carefully, not touching them, or even getting within a foot of the weapons. He seems to mutter a prayer under his breath, then sighs. Another leads to a look of irritation before he then concentrates. He mutters a variation of the prayer again, but nothing happens.

"I apologize. My favor with the kami, all the kami, is now exhausted. I can try again in the morning, once I have performed some rituals to draw their attention back to me. But for now, I cannot call upon their blessings. And I myself have never seen anything like this, this blade before."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:16 am 

Amaya watches the ongoing Chaos with bewildered confusion. If not for her cousin's reminder of the monthly weirdness that was Hida Konaka, some of the scream would have made her react more strongly.

Despite what it looks like, the Phoenix seem to have the situation well enough in hand. When Maiya turns towards her for a moment, she returns a nod.

Hachi's inquiry in regard to healing is answered by a shake of her head. Those beasts had not even tried to attack her.

She finally watches the Phoenix try to gain some insight into the crude looking, but surprisingly well forged and sturdy blades. It would be nice to learn more about them, but it does not seem to be the case for now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:25 pm 

"Ja, tomorrow then? Thank you anyway Isawa-sama." She paused to listen for any screaming. "Ano, good luck with the... the Lord Moon afflicted."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:07 pm 

He nods. "If you return, say, just before lunch tomorrow, would that work? I should have enough favor to do something then."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:10 pm 

"The early afternoon?" She queries and arranges a good time with Hachi.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:00 pm 

"I was thinking later in the morning, but if you prefer the early afternoon, I can do that, too."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:03 am 

"The afternoon probably works better. Hmm... I've heard there might be a play in the early afternoon." She mused aloud.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:19 am 

"I was, ah, privileged to be nearby for one of their rehearsals. Not my cup of sake, I'm afraid. I suppose I could meet your there, if that's what you are wanting, though."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:40 am 

Maiya rubbed her chin. "Ano, probably after..." Showing up with some big swords that were maybe bad somehow didn't seem like a good move to the Crab.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:25 am 

"There is always back here, then. It makes as much sense as anything. Or I could meet you at the Crab embassy. I would also ask you take them with you. Normally I would not, but if someone got free, and found one..."