It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:32 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Day Ten - Late Morning] Hello?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:20 am 

She smiled sheepishly at the compliment with a shrug. "I wouldn't go so far as say it is a journey, perhaps just the first few steps into a large Empire. I am expected to return to my sensei soon after to report on my finding and if I have learned anything from the lessons I've acquired here. Being in Nikesake...it is slowly turning into a journey, I admit. This is a few more steps than I had originally planned. Perhaps, I should consider a pilgrimage after this is all said and done."

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:34 pm 

"Maybe visit the Wall. That'll put your training to the test Mirumoto-sama." The Crab was sure of it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:52 pm 

Wasako raised her brows curiously and considered it before speaking once more. "...I guess I've never really asked nor has anyone personally told me...but what is the wall like, Kaiu-san?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:31 pm 

Maiya winced and crossed her arms. She looked around them and back to Wasako. "Ano, it would be better to tell you another time. Somewhere we could talk more easily Mirumoto-sama."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:27 pm 

She shot a Maiya a quizzical look at her hesitation and nodded twice in acceptance afterwards. It seemed strange that she would be hesitant of telling her unless it was worse than the tsuno who supposedly made the rank and file of the Steel Chrysanthemum's ranks. She did recently have an acquaintance eaten by one of those things. Perhaps, it was even worse than that?

"Sure...Either way, there are many places I could go if I find myself abroad. It would be very interesting to see just any part of the Empire. I'm sure I"ll be just as easily wowed even if I return to Shiro Mirumoto."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:36 pm 

Maiya couldn't really respond with 'I'm jealous of how much free reign your Lord gives you'. Instead, she makes a noise of agreement as she relaxes her arms. Resuming her walk a moment later she wondered what ample amounts of travel might be like.

Probably fun.

Alas, her Duty was elsewhere.

"What places have you thought about visiting Mirumoto-sama?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:23 pm 

"I have thought a few places, I'm just really picking up suggestions as I speak to other people here. You did mention the Crab lands and the Wall. It's a far way away but it could be possible to go there. Seppun-sama made mention of the Imperial capital. Those are some places to start."

She looked pensive for a moment before speaking once more. "I suppose a late acquaintance of mine also mentioned that I should perhaps look into seeing the Scorpion lands and trying their baths."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:40 pm 

"Sorry about your acquaintance. Ano, Scorpion lands ne? Hmm. I don't know about baths there. I've heard good things about Phoenix hot springs, but bath houses? Hmm." This topic of conversation clearly appealed to the Crab. She was giving it a lot of thought as they walked. However, the rain picking up was a little annoying. It was splattering them both.

"Right now I'd enjoy just going to the bathhouse here. Hmm. We met there ne?" Pointing this out she chuckled a little. "We should do that again."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:02 pm 

Wasako gave a few small nods regarding her acquaintance. If she could do anything as tribute, it would be to remain in the conflict and see it to its end. And visit bath houses too, apparently.

"Hai, supposedly the Scorpion lands have really nice bath houses...or at least, this very specific one in the Scorpion countryside. I could consider the Phoenix lands as they are relatively close to the mountains. This one has been pretty pleasant and everything about it is different from the air and the furnished walls. I do think it's a little bit stuffy in comparison...but still very comfortable!"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:25 pm 

Bobbing her head in agreement, Maiya led them onto the next street. Her footsteps were heavy yet the armour she wore didn't make too much noise. It was a wonder when one considered its bulk.

"I think I like it like that. With the walls I feel separate from the outside world. It feels more private and... secure. Even though I know it's not. Strange that."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:09 am 

Wasako kept following the Crab easily enough, although she did keep a cautious eye out of her surroundings. She put her hand on her chin in thought while comparing bath settings. "I could see the private and secure part in a bathhouse. It does make it a bit more intimate, though I've used to baths being public. It's also far better than just having a tub in her room to wash, there's also that. When you're surrounded by fields and a few trees, you're aren't exactly going to get much with an open bath."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:43 am 

In contrast, the Crab seemed almost blissfully unaware of her surroundings. Her focus only ever seemed to be on one thing at a time. Maximum two. Mostly it was Wasako. Maiya gave off the impression of someone that would get stabbed without seeing it coming, but would then probably turn around and cut down such an assailant as one might slap down a fly.

"Mountain baths are the best. Are there many baths and onsen in Dragon lands?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:11 am 

"I'm sure there are a combination of the two in the Dragon lands. However, I would say the onsen is mainly how I'm used to taking a bath back home and we're very thankful that there's one nearby. As you recall, I'm only close to a village with two streets," she smirked faintly. "I think the village found itself around the onsen and it's relatively well-maintained, even if rougher than the other onsen around here. We don't have elaborate and luxurious facilities around the onsen, it's mainly used by just the community and the dojo."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:20 am 

"Sounds pleasant enough. You must need it with how cold the mountains surely get, ne?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:40 am 

She nodded surely once. "At this time of the year, I think we would still be seeing a lot of snow and probably wouldn't change for another month. So, it is and it does help in a pinch after training in the cold or just a countryside hike. Usually, just walking to the village would be enough for a trip to the onsen. Of course, we don't try to spend too long in there or else our skin would just wrinkle up!"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:32 am 

"A hard life." Maiya comments after a few moments of imagining it. Lonely too.

"How did you end up teaching there?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:26 am 

"Not really," she said with narrowed eyes, thinking otherwise. It was perhaps strange to hear that from a Crab, considering their proximity and duty to the Wall.

"Well, I suppose the story is perhaps less prestigious than you may imagine. It's a fairly simple story, actually. My uncle had recently become a sensei and my parents had thought that perhaps I was fit for a different path. Both of my older brothers were to learn the art of Niten. They allowed me to become my uncle's first student. It wasn't easy at first, and I was..." she paused with a long nod. "...a very difficult student. He had his arms full and had to invest a lot of patience. There were some arguments and bartering involved. In the end, I did manage to become his first and successful student. He also managed to find more worthy student afterwards and thought that I was worthy to stay with him to help him teach others. And I've been doing it very many years since then."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:22 pm 

"Very many? Hmm. You have a young face Mirumoto-sama. Must be the blessing of Jurojin." She points out with a smile. "Your uncle sounds like a good sensei. Can't say I can imagine you as a difficult student however. You were pretty great with that Seppun."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:24 pm 

Admittedly, 'Very many' was a hyperbole.

"...Perhaps not in number of years, gomen, but I have been doing it for all of my adult life at the very least. I suppose I am a testament of my uncle's many merits to make me who I am today. It seems like almost another life now but I was very much a brat and perhaps had the attention span of a fly," she chuckled. "I think if it were anyone else, I might have been just thrown back to my parents. I think all of his other students have been more manageable since, especially with me at his side."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:23 am 

With some mirth she studied the other woman's expression. "A brat, ne? I was like that too. I only wanted to fight other kids with sticks or climb trees. I wasn't even good at either." She grinned goofily. "My sensei all had to beat me into shape."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next