It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:36 pm

Post subject: Re: [D9 EA] Two Scorpions and a tea pot
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:41 am 

"And I stand ever ready to do what is asked of me." Chen replied seriously. If he was watching in that moment he would see passed the mask Chen wore, deeper and more multifaceted than the On of most samurai. Beneath he would see cold and dark but driven by purpose and duty only a hint until a smirk reclaimed Chen's lips and the first mask was back in place.

"This Seppun Kato is simply another upstart looking for the opportunity in novel chaos. I might almost believe the claims about the baby if they weren't just so confidently revealed to make Kato-sama's claim legitimate. As it stands it is a somke screen but one people will use either because they believe his cause or because they wish neither the current candidates to sit the throne."

When appropriate: Light Armor, Yumi

Profile Mask

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:03 am 

"An accurate assessment, but there's more to the announcement than that, for us especially. What thoughts have you on that matter, blatant attempts at our loyalty aside?" Degarashi watched Chen closely this time, far more curious about his thoughts regarding Kato's engagement than the crafted rumor about the Heir.

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:15 am 

Chen shrugged "I assume something we will be called to support his claim and I will do so if asked by someone of status. Personally I think maintaining our alliance with the lion is more important as they are still the most likely to come out ahead of all this. But I am but a tool for my betters to use."

Profile Mask

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:35 am 

Sipping his tea thoughtfully, Degarashi nodded. "In a way, yes, they likely will, but divisions will crop up, and it will not be a thing of beauty when they do. How many Junshin, by your estimation, would stand behind this Kato after what he did?"

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:24 am 

"They will certainly not be happy about it, that much is plain. Its an interesting question though, the junshin, fools that they are, believe that bushido and honor are to be valued highly. I suppose there will be some who do their duty as they are called to. Some may cut their stomachs in protest and I guess a small number may violently disagree."

Profile Mask

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:32 pm 

"It's about that latter group which I find myself most concerned. I'm uncertain as to the distribution across our clan, but it would scarcely go well for us to see pincers crossing over themselves to strike at a perceived enemy, yes?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:29 pm 

"Yes well we can only hope that, while influence from others has caused them to hold values that are less than ideal, their lives as Scorpion have taught them duty above all else. And if not? Well I assume I will be a very busy shadow until they fall back in line."

Profile Mask

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:37 pm 

"It's never good to turn one's talents against their own, no matter the reason. I pray we don't end up planting a bevy of trees in the foul muck left over after this passes." Degarashi lifted his tea cup in a pseudo toast. "Though it is good to be in the company of one who knows how to dp what one must when the need arises."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:51 am 

Chen nodded and raised his own cup "To doing what must be done." He said seriously "I take little happiness in doing so but such is the life that was handed to me by the heavens."

Profile Mask

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:58 am 

"Indeed it was. May they continue to guide us forward in these troubled times. " He drinks, setting the cup down with a tink.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:24 am 

"Your irreverence and manner did not strike me as someone who was particularly pious Degarashi-san." He said curiously as he finished his tea and set the cup down gently.

Profile Mask

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:26 am 

"Less pious, more superstitious. An irreverent lout like me can ill afford to have a wayward fortune take offense at my behavior. I'd rather not risk it." Not the most altruistic philosophy, but certainly practical.