It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:00 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Day 10, Late Morning] Prayers Before Battle
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:25 am 

"He claimed her. It is good enough for me." She nodded. "For now, we have an army marching in our direction. We should focus up on what's going to soon be in front of us."

Glorious Death in battle is never untimely.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:30 am 

"Yes. Absolutely," she was once more in agreement with this Matsu. It made her smile a little, for it was now the second Matsu she was connecting with.

"I'll be honored to fight alongside you and your clan, Matsu-sama. I trust there will be no problems if the non-Lion join the fight for the city?"

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:32 am 

"This is your fight as well as mine," She smirked. "I would be very disappointed if you didn't fight alongside us."

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:39 am 

She smiled warmly. "I would hate to disappoint, Matsu-sama, since I have accomplished so little worthy of glory or mention so far. Frankly, I must do better to be on par with the great defenders like you, and war-heroes like Asako-sama." There seemed to be some mirth in her tone, but it was hard to tell if it was all in jest or actually sincere.

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:42 am 

"Don't jump at a chance for glory just because it's there," she advised. "I have seen too many leap for glory and die for it because they were ill prepared."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:44 am 

She gave a serious nod. "I promise not to over-extend myself, Matsu-sama. As a veteran of the War of Broken Fangs, I appriciate your wisdom shared on this matter."

"In my Order, we have a saying; "Be more concerned with good actions than great ones.". So I hope Matsu-sama also will take these words to heart."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:46 am 

"I shall try," she nodded. "I might be expected to overextend to some degree. It is the Matsu's way, after all." She smirked just a bit.

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:49 am 

"Is it also the way of Matsu Tani?" she inquired curiously with genuine interest.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:50 am 

"Not by preference. But sometimes the potential reward is worth the risk." She smiled. "If I was not willing to overextend, I'd not have slain the Shasakar."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:57 am 

"A mighty Naga, I assume? I seem to recall the name from Asako-sama's text on the Naga..." she wasn't quite sure if she got it right, as Naga-names were a bit difficult to her.

"What sort of reward is worthy of the Way of Matsu Tani then, if I may ask?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:01 am 

"Victory is it's own reward. A life of service to the Empire is always worth living." She offered. "I don't need rewards for my service. Just to know that what I did was enough."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:07 am 

The Dragon nodded thoughtfully, as if she was making a study of Tani and her answers, and documenting the answers in her little Dragon-mind.

"The Empire, the Emperor, or the Imperial Throne?" she mused thoughtfully.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:08 am 

"the Empire, then the Emperor," she answered. "Without an Empire, the role of the Emperor is to rule over nothing. But without an Emperor, the Empire crumbles. "The Throne is a Throne."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:17 am 

"Very well observed," Tsukimi complimented the Matsu, smiling at the thoughts the woman seemed to have.

"We need both heaven and earth. Likewise, we need both an Emperor and an Empire. Yet we mustn't be blinded by the needs of one at the cost of the other."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:22 am 

"Indeed. Though we show proper obeisance to the Emperor, as he is the Son of Heaven, It all ultimately is to ensure that the Empire thrives properly." She nods her head calmly. "But we have already seen what even moments without an Emperor brings. So it stands that the Throne standing empty causes the Empire to fray." She sighed a bit. "In a way, both are inherently mixed."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:28 am 

Another nod from the monk. Togashi. Dragon-mystic-person.

"Such is the difficulties of our world. But know that even if the Dragon have not always understood the way of the Lion, or vice-versa, we share common goals. We merely look in different directions."

Of course, she couldn't speak for all the Dragon, as one of her kin had spoken in favor of the returned Hantei.

"Perhaps it is idealistic to hope that times like these can improve our understandings of one another."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:42 am 

"Idealistic, maybe. But it sounds like a world I would rather live in," she allowed herself a small smile. "So let us keep fighting to make that world happen, neh?"

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:50 am 

"It certainly sounds like a world worth fighting for," she smiled widely, her head bobbing in agreement.

"But I would also fight for a world with peaceful days watching the clouds pass by on a sunny day. A day that's good for flying kites or, something like that..."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:57 am 

"Or at least, so that others can experience with those," she nodded. "Peace for a Lion is preparation for the next conflict. Such is our stake in things."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:07 am 

"In times of peace, prepare for war - in times of war, prepare for peace. Or so say the sages," she said in an almost wistful tone.

"But the sages are not always right."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next