It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:31 am

Post subject: [D10, LE, open] The view from the cage
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:37 pm 

Amid fading light but continuing rain, Usagi Kimika strolls the city walls with a careful eye. Wearing a heavy cloak against the weather, it's hard to tell if she's armored, but the hilts of her daisho are evident. She nods respectfully to the guards she passes, but speaks no words -- not distracting them from their vital duty. Externally she is as calm as a commander reviewing troops before a parade.

Yes, she thinks. I'm perfectly calm. Everything is fine.

Post subject: Re: [D10, LE, open] The view from the cage
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:29 pm 

A young Unicorn archer was also atop the city walls, bearing an unwieldy-looking long bow. He squinted into the darkness at the enemy positions, straining to see anything worth shooting at through the rain.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:48 am 

The Hare approaches, making sure her presence is noticed before she's close. Not the time to attract an arrow from the giant bow.

"Unicorn-sama," Kimika calls, projecting her voice to be clearly heard over the rain. "I fear the light and the weather have made any kyujutsu far too challenging tonight."

The Hare stops at a respectful but conversational distance and scans for movement beyond the walls.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:06 pm 

"Yeah, looks like you're right," the young Unicorn admitted reluctantly. "I had a juicy target ride up almost to the walls a couple days ago, but tonight it looks hopeless, it'd just be wasting arrows."

"Have you had any luck seeing anything out there?" he asked.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:50 pm 

Kimika shook her head. "There is conflicting hope that a target will appear while hoping not, for the innocents who are put at risk here." She looks beyond the city again, then turns back to the Unicorn. "This one forgets herself. I am Usagi Kimika, envoy of the Hare Champion, Usagi Yukana-sama." She bows a little, the practicalities of the wall and rain limiting her movements.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:31 am 

"Oh! Right," the other man said, bowing in return. "I'm Moto Baatar, of the Unicorn."

"I met a couple Hares once, maybe you'd know them?" Baatar asked. "Usagi Tomoe, who was kinda bossy but really smart; and Usagi Tsukimi, a girl who liked maps and baby sheep. They both were visiting Unicorn lands last year."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:04 am 

Kimika smiles at the excitement and good memory, although it may go unseen in the fading daylight. "There are now more than 20,000 Hare samurai, Moto-san. And I joined the Hare just three years ago, so I must admit I'm far from knowing all my clanmates," she says with a small chuckle. "But I'm glad you have warm recollections of Usagi Tsukimi-san and Usagi Tomoe-san. I'm sure they remember you favorably as well."