It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:24 pm

Post subject: Re: Complete Unknown [Day 8 LA, Dragon House]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:28 pm 

She sighed softly, nodding. "Trust me, I have had many similar questions in my mind... and then I grow uncertain if I am not trying hard enough, as in the story of how this item first appeared, or if I am trying too hard to find an answer that might just be infront of me; patience."

Passing a hand over her face, Tsukimi briefly her nose and forehead, in a brief moment of letting her frustration show.

"The Phoenix are knowledgeable, and would perhaps know the most of any, but... I don't know how much one can trust them." There were plenty enough rumors of the Phoenix stealing scrolls, or pursuing truth too far.

"I admit that a small part of me like to entertain the thought that it is meant for me, but... it feels like such hubris to assume that. No, patience might be the way to go - its true purpose will come to us in time."

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:52 am 

"Maybe it is meant for you." Myo-en regards Tsukimi with her head tilted to one side, and for a fleeting second there is a vague resemblance between the monk and her avian friend--dispelled when Myo-en moves again in her fluid, entirely non-bird-like way. "Or maybe it is meant for a you who hasn't come into being yet. The first bearer of this relic was not the same person when he asked for it as when he received it. He changed, and then it came to him. It arrived when he no longer desired it."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:29 pm 

She weighed Myo-en's words for another moment of silence. Something that seemed a normal occurance between the two nuns.

"The third step on The Path is to kill yourself," she said after thinking it through carefully. "I might have to push myself harder to continue on the path, to achieve the next step."

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:38 am 

Myo-en considers this carefully. "Not all things can be pushed and forced into being." She rolls her densely patterned shoulders back and straightens upward, re-adjusting to an upright, lightly balanced seated posture.

"You can't still the ripples on a pool by pushing at them, or will a butterfly out of its chrysalis early. There are times when one should act. Other times, one should wait for the decisive moment. Acting too soon--putting too much confidence in action--is... it leads to mistakes." Some thought casts a cloud over Myo-en's expression here.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:45 am 

"And yet enlightenment cannot be found sitting at the riverside," she retorted warmly, as if they were both revisiting the wise words of sages past.

"But I understand your concern, and you have my word I won't do anything rash. But rather... I will focus myself on the path again, rather than just waiting and meandering in my steps."