It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:38 pm

Post subject: Brood War [D10, LA, Expecting]
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:09 pm 

As battles raged all around and within Nikesake, Degarashi allowed a few to do the same in his own thoughts. Perched rather precariously on a a pillar set into one of the red bridges, the Scorpion looked out over the castle, the moat, the skies, and just about anywhere but at himself, uncertain what he'd find upon intense self reflection and far from ready to dive into that mess alone.

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

Post subject: Re: Brood War [D10, LA, Expecting]
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:18 pm 

The green sashimono carrying the Imperial Chrysanthemum flags higher atop the bridge, as the armored Seppun crosses it over. She takes a moment to take a look at the soldier movements across the city in a privileged position. The black cat mempo covering her face defies the rain and wind with steadfast wiskers.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:30 pm 

Degarashi turned to watch the princess as she makes her way over the bridge, belaying something between fierce pride or grim determination. It was difficult to tell with her choice of mempo. The Scorpion couldn't imagine who would have accepted such a commission, but it was immensely distracting. After several attempts to regain his focus were crushed by the visage of whiskers and teenaged whimsy, he finally spoke up.

"Ie, Seppun-sama, you've managed to create a wholly unique visage of terror and bad karma. You have my respect and my condolences."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:39 pm 

The Seppun blinks and turns her head at the voice. How could I not notice he was perched there? She asks herself.

"What's that supposed to mean?" A higher-pitched than normal voice booms muffled from the mempo as Horonigai tils her head in indignation and inquisitiveness.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:02 pm 

"Mm, firstly that cats are considered to be signs of horrible luck among the Scorpion. To wear a mempo of one suggests you intend to bring such bad fortunes to your enemy. An impressive message indeed."

Degarashi was wholly uncertain the Seppun had stopped to consider such when crafting the mask, but now she could at least tell people she had.

"Secondly, it implies such misfortune has fallen upon you, and you wear it openly by your mask where you cannot by your On. And for that you have my condolences."

He was pretty sure she hadn't thought of that either, but it was as graceful an invitation to speak on certain matters as he could muster.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:23 pm 

Horonigai turns to him with narrowed eyes, and slowly closes by. Step by step. Once they're at arms reach, she puts hand up, curled in to mimic claws and she takes a hop forward, saying, "Rawr!"

A Thunder rolls out behind her.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:30 am 

Degarashi just looks at the girl flatly, considering taking back the compliment after that display. "The illusion doesn't hold up quite so well if one has already seen behind it."

Something about the man's eyes seemed distinctly hollow, as if he were regarding the Seppun from beneath the waters of a murky lake. He was neither amused nor irritated by the strange behavior she displayed. He simply wasn't much of anything.

It looked quite similar to the last time she'd been near him, at the dojo.

"Have you had rice today?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:45 am 

Horonigai nods, and straightens herself up, stoic. An attempt to mask her frustration and sorrow. She looks to the horizon, where the battle was happening.

"I had. What about Bayushi-san?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:49 am 

"I managed to eat something, so I'm not entirely empty." A pause. "I've had rather an unusual morning today, and the prospect of further battle sits ill at ease."

Degarashi followed Horonigai's gaze, as if he could see what was happened before his eyes. "Feels like the world is coming apart these past few days."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:01 am 

"No matter what I take, I feel empty." The girl puts a hand over her chest, while assimilating the world around them. With an inhale, she produces a small package from within her plate and turns to Degashi, offering it with both hands.

"Mochi?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:09 am 

The sudden mochi actually surprised Degarashi, in both the offer and from whence it was produced. Not wanting to offend, he raised one hand, palm forward.

"Ie, Seppun-sama, I cannot take such from you, especially after you've expressed your own emptiness."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:15 am 

"I had some earlier, didn't feel like eating all of it." She offers again, "Take it. I won't have it."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:20 am 

"Are you quite certain, Seppun-hime? This one would hardly be worse off, and you might lament the lack of it later." And again he refused, though less vehemently than the first time.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 am 

She rolls her eyes up, and makes a gesture to throw it away.

"I might just throw it away. Such a waste."

Then offers for the last time.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:30 am 

Degarashi actually smiled at that. "Well, it would be a shame if it went totally to waste. I thank you for the offer, hime."

Finally he accepted the mochi, trying not to think too much about why it was so warm between bites.

"It fills the emptiness some, but as you suggested, the sensation is persistent. As one who may understand it's source, I pray it is not too harrowing."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:16 am 

Horonigai looks at the Scorpion as he bites the mochi. She tilts her head at him at his affirmation. "Nani... which source?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:19 am 

Degarashi eyed Horonigai curiously for a moment, chewing his mochi. "You are familiar with the incident at the Crane Embassy, and the magistrate who elected to cleanse the Lion's honor, Matsu Kogyoku?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:35 pm 

Strange s it seems, Horonigai actually feels relieved Degarashi was oblivious of her most stressing afflictions: failure to protect Hantei, being dumped by Kato and, now, worry about Kashiwagi being one of the members of the special squad.

She nods. "Hai. I am familiar with the incident. I've also witnessed the Matsu's honorable sacrifice. Although, I am unsure if tension between the Clans will soothe. The offense was indeed very grave."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:49 pm 

Unfortunately for Horonigai, Degarashi's reason for mentioning the magistrate was likely to hammer against the unsuspecting princess from an unexpected angle.

"Indeed, likely her sacrifice, noble though it was, will only forstall the Crane's fury, not quench it."

He was silent a moment, bracing himself for what he planned to say next.

"The honorable Kogyoku-sama, before we found ourselves in this mess, was arranged to be married to my younger brother, Bayushi Yukinaga. It was a contract meant to strengthen the alliance by means of binding one of great honor to another of great honor. It has been in place for some few years now." He paused to take a bite of mochi, eyes cast down at the treat, refusing to lift them.

"When the contract was first tendered, Matsu Kogyoku was my betrothed. But I struggled in my studies, gained little renown, showed no promise to be as worthy of recollection and praise as the Lion, while my brother flourished. Barely two years after the initial agreement the contract was rewritten. I was removed, and replaced with my younger brother, because I was deemed... unimportant."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:35 pm 

Her eyes return to face Degarashi. Hands go over over her waist in a bodily sign she confronted such situation. "What an unpleasant practice. Shifting betrothals like that."

She harrumphs. "Shameful!"