It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:41 pm

Post subject: [D10, EN, Scorpion Embassy] Night Terrors (closed)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:58 am 

Once again, she found herself sitting in the court room at Morikage Toshi, dressed in something of ethereal weight and crimson in color. She was chatting with someone - their face was hazy, she couldn't remember who it was.

Suddenly, she happened to glance over and saw the man who bore an unsettling resemblance to her moving. The room seemed to lengthen as she got up to move, rushing forward. It felt like she was moving through molasses as the Steel Chrysanthemum demanded the throne and her brother refused.

Then suddenly she was right up in front of them as the blade cut into her brother's throat, opening it and covering her in blood.

Then suddenly she was the one holding the knife, looking down at his body.

Sukima's eyes snapped open and she sucked in a sharp breath. A moment later, she shut her eyes tightly, trying to hold back tears. She'd heard the reports of the death earlier. It must have affected her more than she thought...

Post subject: Re: [D10, EN, Scorpion Embassy] Night Terrors (closed)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:05 am 

Though unaware of the terrible dreams afflicting Sukima as he traveled the halls of the embassy, Bayushi Degarashi was nonetheless on his way to her room, looking for all intents and purposes like he was ready to flee the city as he'd planned to do that very morning. Everything he'd taken with him to Nikesake was either packed into his bag, or otherwise carried along with him.

Yumi, armor, medicine kits, rope, shovel, costumes... that he could carry it all with him so readily would have been impossible without the assistant he'd received in learning to conserve space from Yukarin-sama back in Toshi no Omoidosu.

He didn't hesitate to scratch at the door when he arrived, face set and determined.

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:17 am 

Her voice sounded shaky behind the door when she answered. "W-who is it?" It was rare for her to sound anything less than quietly confident.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:24 am 

The tone of Sukima's voice bothered Degarashi, but he'd come here for a very specific reason, and nothing had changed that so far. "Bayushi Degarashi, denka. I'm aware plans to secret you from the city didn't pan out, so I've decided on a different course of action. May I enter?"

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:33 am 

"Please, come in," she replied. She rubbed her eyes for a moment to try and get rid of the urge to cry. She rose, rolling the blanket back and sitting down to wait for him, pale and dark circles under her eyes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:47 am 

Degarashi and his wide assortment of possessions came in through Sukima's doorway in short order, and the door was quietly shut behind him. He noticed the dark rings and redness immediately, and once he'd set his things down he took a seat beside her.

"Merciful fortunes, are you all right?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:55 am 

The immediate reaction surprised her and she touched her cheeks briefly to make sure she hadn't embarrassed herself by actually crying. "I'm... I'll be fine, you just caught me at a... at less than my best. My apologies."

She looked away so at least he didn't have to see it. "What can I do for you so late at night, Bayushi-san?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:01 am 

The sudden change in demeanor was a confusing and wholly unwelcome thing, but Degarashi didn't immediately speak his thoughts about it for fear of shaming the woman. He did, however, reach out and squeeze her shoulder softly. "I'm formally requesting to transfer to your chambers for the remainder of my stay in Nikesake. If I'm forced to stay within these walls, I'd feel much more at ease if someone were keeping an eye on you at all times, and I naturally don't trust anyone else."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:05 am 

She turned toward him in surprise. Was it another thing like the other day, where he was trying to gather information on her? Well... It didn't really matter. There was only one secret he didn't know, anyway, and it was one only one other person would ever know.

"You think the risk to me is that high?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:12 am 

"I worry that it is, yes. The enemy is once again at our gates. We already know a number are within the walls. And you are tied to the throne in a not insignificant way. That is more than enough reason for me." Degarashi didn't seem to be digging for information, his jovial nature replaced by stoic professionalism. "With your leave, I intend to take up watch over you at night so you might rest with some measure of peace and protection."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:28 am 

"I am, at the very least, a person of interest," she agreed with a soft nod. "I would be reassured by your presence, as well as a matter of practical protection. Thank you, Bayushi-san."

She allowed herself a weak chuckle. "I guess there's no worries about propriety if you're a protector, ne?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:40 am 

Degarashi coughed at that, trying to cover a blush on his cheeks. "Yes, that does become less of an issue in terms of social position. That said, I'm no yojimbo. I lack the reflexes of a traditional warrior, so I can't simply stand watch by the door. So, I've come up with something that plays to my strengths."

He stood and grabbed a bag from among his things, opening up the top and returning to Sukima's futon with red still on his cheeks. "This is going to be a little weird for you..."

Degarashi upended the bag, spilling the contents beside Sukima. Among the clothes that were revealed to be inside were a set of women's night clothes, and a long, luxurious red wig.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:08 am 

She blinked as the took in the contents spilling out before her. She pressed her lips together, turning a little red as she held back a laugh. "I think I understand."

She tapped her chin. "Do you have makeup? Our facial structures are a bit different..."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:17 am 

There was a nod. "I do, but it needn't be a perfect imitation, just enough to serve our needs..."

Disguise, +5 gender, TN20: 7d10o10k3 34
TN to see through disguise 30

Degarashi turned in place, trying not to fiddle too much with the extra clothes stuffed around his chest. "How you live with these I'll never understand. How does it look?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:22 am 

"Suffering, Bayushi-san. That's how," she replied, though there's much more mirth in her voice than before. "I am honestly very impressed. I imagine if someone hadn't seen you go through the transformation, they might make a double entendre about looking good enough to eat."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:07 am 

"Well, considering who I'm dressed as..." Degarashi smiled, letting the note of humor hang in the air as he began other preparations around the room. On one side of the futon lay his bow and arrows, covered strategically with his gray blanket. On the other side he set his wakizashi, further away than the bow opposite.

Lastly he pulled out his knife and a small container of milky white liquid, which he carefully applied to the blade before sheathing it. "A simple strategy. On one side is my bow, which I favor, covered with a blanket to keep it from sight, but also make it easier to find in the dark. Opposite is my wakizashi. I have little skill with it, so you'll go that way if necessary. Finally my knife stsys with us. Kami forbid anyone get that close without alerting me, but I can also throw it, applying the poison on the blade at range. Any questions?"

This was the first time he'd mentioned anything about them both being in bed together.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:28 pm 

"I know, I know. I said it for the pun rather than being overly impressed with myself," she replied, then listened carefully to his explanation, nodding.

"I have a little bit of skill with the sword, so I can handle that," she agreed, then looked between the items and him. Her whole hand rested on her mutilated one in her hand. "They will notice there are two people in the futon, won't they?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:15 pm 

"It's possible that they will, but if anyone wishing you harm knows about your vice..." He coughed and trailed off, slipping onto the futon quietly. Then he began to guide Sukima into place next to him, once again displaying the blush across his cheeks. "Aside from that you'll need to stay very close to me, and remain mostly beneath the covers. That should minimize any threat to you and allow me to act quickly if something does happen."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:47 pm 

"They would just think it's a partner," she finished with a nod. She was apparently not particularly embarrassed of her nocturnal habits now that he knew of them. She thought for a moment then added, "I'll have to have my hair loose for it and the wig to blend visually in the dark. Though it and your wig will be incredibly tangled in the morning. Sleeping on very long hair is a pain. Also, since I'm going to be using the sword, perhaps since we have to sleep close, it should be handy at my side that than yours. Then we can minimize distance."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:56 pm 

Degarashi nodded and moved to adjust the position of the wakizashi, so that it would be more conveniently placed for Sukima's use. Then, cheeks red once more, he lay back down and attempted to guide her into an effective but comfortable position beneath the covers.

The end result largely had Degarashi behind Sukima, curled around her body so tightly they might have been carved from the same block of stone. That his arms were wrapped loosely around her to keep her in place was a necessity of the misdirection. At least he kept telling himself that.

"Neh, Sukima-denka. Can you sleep comfortably this way?"