It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:05 pm

Post subject: Re: To do what we must (D10, EA)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:30 am 

Amaya simply raises both hands and places one right on her cousin's head with a gentle clang and lets the other hover before Kayou's forehead, nearly at the height of the crown of the nun's head.

The smaller Kaiu gives a firm nod and lets her hands drop back down.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:34 am 

"Hai, hai. I can tell that much Amaya-san." She responds, lifting her menpo and staring at her cousin. The corner of her lips were lifted slightly in amusement.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:53 am 

Amaya turns back towards Maiya and slowly mirrors her cousin's actions.

At least she starts to do so, but her heavily dented facemask once again ends up stuck for a moment and requires a second sharper tug to remove properly. Amaya's own smile afterwards ends up a bit more quirked.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:55 am 

"Let me do some quick repairs on that for you too Amaya-san." She adds, indicating the damaged menpo with a nod.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:13 am 

Kaiu Maiya wrote:
"I don't think this is really going to protect you much... samurai-sama?" She still had no idea who the pushy woman was. However, she had her heart in the right place. She also liked the Kaiu family, so bonus marks for that.

"If you have a little time and you promise to return it, I could fit some heavy armour on you. We're about the same height, ne?" Kayou was an inch taller, but it was very difficult to tell with Maiya being in her armour; it included a tall crested helmet.

"Oh, forgive this one," she bows deeply to the Kaiu. "This one is Kayou, Abbess of the Order of Harmonious Work. Perhaps you have heard of her, she was one of the liberator of Shiro Hiruma."

Carries: Prayer Beads, satchel with writing supplies.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:27 am 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
Mogami shakes her head at the scene and moves over to the Sparrow.

"Excuse me, Suzume-sama..."

She and her Budoka give low bows

Chihaya turned, nodding to Mogami.

"Matsu-san. How can I help you?"

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:38 am 

Kaiu Maiya wrote:
"Let me do some quick repairs on that for you too Amaya-san." She adds, indicating the damaged menpo with a nod.

"Thank you." Amaya states calmly and unlatches the hinges fastening the armour plate to her helmet to hand it over.

Kayou wrote:
"Oh, forgive this one," she bows deeply to the Kaiu. "This one is Kayou, Abbess of the Order of Harmonious Work. Perhaps you have heard of her, she was one of the liberator of Shiro Hiruma."

She turns towards the tall nun and introduces herself in turn with a bow. "Kaiu Amaya."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:48 am 

The other Kaiu quickly adds a second bow of her own, deeper than before. The discomfort from bowing so far in her armour could be damned. This was a liberator of Shiro Hiruma!

"Forgive me for not recognising you Kayou-sama. Please, you can borrow the armour as long as you need during the siege. I insist."

She gestured away from the dojo. "Please follow me and I can help you into it. My Clan are very, very grateful to you." Maiya gushed.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:49 am 

Suzume Chihaya wrote:

She gives a small sigh.

"I wanted to speak with you on how you have addressed both myself and now the Seppun. I am not sure how the world is in Sparrow lands, but here, samurai are much more....reserved....in their words. A great many of deaths have been enacted because of a word. Perhaps you would like to study some of the art with me? I am learning it as well, as a commander is eventually called to courts no matter how we try to avoid them"

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:51 am 

Amaya quietly follows along with her cousin and the Warrior Nun. She does not say anything, but after the first moment of surprise wears off, her eyes glimmer with great interest.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:10 am 

Kaiu Amaya wrote:
She turns towards the tall nun and introduces herself in turn with a bow. "Kaiu Amaya."

"An honor, Kiau-sama," says Kayou with a smile. "Might you know, Kaiu Taura-sama? This one met her several years ago in Ryoko Owari."

She follows the Kiau out.

Carries: Prayer Beads, satchel with writing supplies.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:14 am 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
Suzume Chihaya wrote:

She gives a small sigh.

"I wanted to speak with you on how you have addressed both myself and now the Seppun. I am not sure how the world is in Sparrow lands, but here, samurai are much more....reserved....in their words. A great many of deaths have been enacted because of a word. Perhaps you would like to study some of the art with me? I am learning it as well, as a commander is eventually called to courts no matter how we try to avoid them"

Chihaya listened with a bland expression, and then said, softly, "Had I a mind to, I could take your statement as a serious insult."

With a faint sigh, she added, "Were I to do so, I would make a hypocrite of myself."

Shaking her head, she bit back whatever else she intended to say, simply casting her gaze out into the rain.

Why could no one see her words as she meant them? In what way did she fail sincerity?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:19 am 

"It is not intended as an insult, rather a warning that many will not be as gracious as the Seppun was just now, or how I was the other day. Harsh words are how a samurai should speak, as that is what it means to follow Sincerity, but...others view that particular tenant differently. It takes a long time of careful study to say things to get your point across correctly without offending."

She bows again

"Something I have just demonstrated I am still learning as well. Kayou-sensei has offered to teach me, and I wanted to extend that invitation to you as well. I can see you have a good heart, Suzume-sama. I would not want to see it wasted by accidental transgressions."

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:21 am 

Kayou wrote:
"An honor, Kiau-sama," says Kayou with a smile. "Might you know, Kaiu Taura-sama? This one met her several years ago in Ryoko Owari."

Amaya looks thoughtful for a moment, until she finally shakes her head in the negative.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:24 am 

Kayou wrote:

"Iie, Kayou-sama. I do not. I'm sorry. You met in Ryoko Owari? I'm sure there is a tale behind then, ne?"

Maiya asks, full of interest as she led the way.

/ Exit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:39 am 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
"It is not intended as an insult, rather a warning that many will not be as gracious as the Seppun was just now, or how I was the other day. Harsh words are how a samurai should speak, as that is what it means to follow Sincerity, but...others view that particular tenant differently. It takes a long time of careful study to say things to get your point across correctly without offending."

She bows again

"Something I have just demonstrated I am still learning as well. Kayou-sensei has offered to teach me, and I wanted to extend that invitation to you as well. I can see you have a good heart, Suzume-sama. I would not want to see it wasted by accidental transgressions."

A soft sigh.

"I appreciate the offer, but I suspect events will keep us quite occupied. Still, I will keep it in mind."

Gazing at her right hand, she clenched and unclenched it, feeling her knuckles crack.

"I still need to speak to Seppun-sama, she is close to my Lord, and it is important that I clarify things."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:41 am 

Mogami nods and gives the woman space.

"Indeed. Well then, I pray the fortunes watch over you today and that you find strength to defeat your foes."

Before she turns to attend something else in the Dojo, she says over her shoulder

"You can seek me out to make good on this offer any time, Suzume-sama. I have a feeling we will be around each other for some time yet."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:53 am 

Chihaya simply offered a bow in parting, and then resumed her vigil.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:56 pm 

Shosuro Kitamaru wrote:
"What are these words? The are not deeds. Stay, there is enough foolery here for all of us, and the battle is still to be fought. The walls deserve a proud maiden, won't you stand with us all?"

Horonigai doesn't really understand what the Shosuro meant with his words. She notices his discomfort, clearly, through the mask. Along with the frustration, and... something else?

Am I being a jerk?, she thinks, I should think clearly. Staying here shouldn't affect me, I can't be stubbor--ggrrrrrr

Hormones kick in aggressively to cloud her judgement, she was, after all, ready for a fight. Horonigai maintains her On, replying to him, "The dojo is not the wall."

She scoffs, turning her face to exit and away from him. "Aho."

---
Etiquette/Awareness TN 18: 5d10o10k3 32
Forgot to add the Raise to Avoid Offense

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:29 am 

After recovering from the illness accorded to those calling on the kami (because his player forgot about the penalty to Earth spells), Hachi looks around. Seeing Kashiwagi, he approaches, and gives a bow.