It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:47 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: To do what we must (D10, EA)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:16 pm 

Holding the bow, "If I have erred in reporting the truth of history, than the fault of memory lies within me. I own the words that I speak, and truthfully did not intend offense to the Seppun by sharing what I learned. That they have given offense is my shame, and I beg your forgiveness Seppun-sama for having reported the truth in an ill-mannered way."

“We tell the tale of heroes to remind ourselves that we also can be great.”

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:18 pm 

"Seppun-sama..."his voice was quiet. "I am sure he meant no insult to your family, or those who committed seppuku to clear the family name of shame after events occured. He is a scholar reciting back history. I can understand you are upset, but please, for the sake of all of us gathered, direct your anger towards those who follow the dishonarble man, returned from beyond the grave to rob us of our emperor, and if he has his way of the empire itself, to make it a twisted mockery of what it is now."

[courtier roll to talk down Horo: 42

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:23 pm 

Kayou wrote:
"At the very least, this one would like to combines these parts into a functional whole," says Kayou. She has the pieces of used but well kept ashigaru armor as well as various items from the training armor, hopefully enough to combine into something a bit more protective.

"Hmm." She looked over the parts and murmured thoughtfully. "I could fit them to you, but it won't make much difference in terms of protection. A suit of light armour or heavy armour would be better... ano, samurai-sama?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:25 pm 

Mogami steps aside after her speech to make room for the snake man. His speech was much better than hers, and she listened carefully, making mental notes for next time.

When the commotion between the Seppun Princess and the Monk started, Mogami looks on with a frown.

"She...Hmm. I think this is a prime example of why we should just steer clear of anyone with Imperial colors."

She says quietly to her two budoka, both nodding in agreement.

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:25 pm 

The Shakanar wrote:
snip

Her eyes turn to look at the Naga. They blink, as if giving a nod of compromise. Horonigai's left hand gently moves away from the saya, and her once red vision refocuses peacefully at Kodama. "I accept your apologies, monk-san. Onegaishimasu, would you be courteous and give me your name?"

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:27 pm 

He does not yet look up, "I am Kodama, who serves the Thousand Fortunes, within the Order of the Fortune of Heroes, Reichin-no-kami, Seppun-sama. Thank you for forgiving my ill-chosen words."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:27 pm 

Kaiu Maiya wrote:
"Hmm." She looked over the parts and murmured thoughtfully. "I could fit them to you, but it won't make much difference in terms of protection. A suit of light armour or heavy armour would be better... ano, samurai-sama?"

Kayou nods. "Indeed, Kiau-sama, no one makes finer armor than your family. And the use of such would be a gift of the Fortunes in these tiring time."

Carries: Prayer Beads, satchel with writing supplies.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:30 pm 

Kitamaru wondered how monks get away with it.

When Allowed: Armor, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:31 pm 

He gave a slight bow to them both. "I am called The Shakanar by my people. It is a pleasure to meet you both, and bring harmony into your life." Another slight bow as he just listened for a moment.

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:31 pm 

Chihaya rose from her meditations, crossing the dojo with the soft footfalls of tabi clad feet.

She came to a stop at the edge of Horo's vision, arms crossed, expression bland. An armored figure, minus her helmet, in dun brown, with the family and personal mons marked across her Dou and Sode in light, almost white, tan.

"It is easy to misspeak, in such unusual times. Perhaps we shall all remind ourselves to caution against rash words, or hasty judgments, in order to unite against the foe which now stands at the gate."

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:34 pm 

Kaiu Maiya wrote:

Amaya herself says nothing. She merely helps hold the armour pieces so her cousin has an easier time looking at them. The younger of the two Crab bushi does give the Warrior Nun a semi curious glance though.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:40 pm 

Kitamaru shook his head subtly at Chihaya. If she cared to notice.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:40 pm 

The Shakanar wrote:
He gave a slight bow to them both. "I am called The Shakanar by my people. It is a pleasure to meet you both, and bring harmony into your life." Another slight bow as he just listened for a moment.

"I've met you at Kyuden Suzume, briefly, Shakanar-san. I was the one that returned the Jade Spear to the Asako Inquisitor."

Suzume Chihaya wrote:
"It is easy to misspeak, in such unusual times. Perhaps we shall all remind ourselves to caution against rash words, or hasty judgments, in order to unite against the foe which now stands at the gate."

Being scolded by the Sparrow, she simply furrows her brow even more and tells Chihaya across the dojo:

"FINE!"

There's a bow, another to the dojo's kamiza, and the Imperial storms out of there, mumbling words.

/Exit if not stopped

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:43 pm 

There was some manner of shift in Kitamaru's manner. It wasn't easy to detect.

Whatever it was caused the Shosuro to give chase and attempt to stop the girl at the exit of the dojo.

"Seppun-sama."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:47 pm 

Chihaya had also moved to speak with her, but seeing the scorpion beat her to it, she simply sighed, and gave a weary glance at the monk.

Perhaps save your sermons for when we aren't about to fight a war, neh?

Moving toward the shrine, she bowed to it, and then waited outside to catch Horo before she left, after her conversation with the Scorpion.

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:47 pm 

Narrowed eyes of death lock at the Shosuro as she turns around her head over a shoulder.

"Hai..." She says, dryly.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:54 pm 

Kodama straightens, let's out a breath.

You'll die telling the truth poorly some day, if the monsters from Toshigoku don't get you first.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:57 pm 

He is clearly devastated.

No, there's a mask and training. Besides, devastated isn't the word.

In truth Kitamaru had nothing to say. The words wouldn't do if he tried.

Even still, perhaps especially so.

"What are these words? The are not deeds. Stay, there is enough foolery here for all of us, and the battle is still to be fought. The walls deserve a proud maiden, won't you stand with us all?"

OOC
Courtier 18
Thanks Orokos. 4 rolls today all under 20. /applause

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:14 am 

Mogami shakes her head at the scene and moves over to the Sparrow.

"Excuse me, Suzume-sama..."

She and her Budoka give low bows

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:23 am 

Kayou wrote:
Kayou nods. "Indeed, Kiau-sama, no one makes finer armor than your family. And the use of such would be a gift of the Fortunes in these tiring time."

"I don't think this is really going to protect you much... samurai-sama?" She still had no idea who the pushy woman was. However, she had her heart in the right place. She also liked the Kaiu family, so bonus marks for that.

"If you have a little time and you promise to return it, I could fit some heavy armour on you. We're about the same height, ne?" Kayou was an inch taller, but it was very difficult to tell with Maiya being in her armour; it included a tall crested helmet.

Last edited by Kaiu Maiya on Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next