It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:30 pm

Post subject: D10 combat coordination thread!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:02 am 

Well, we asked for this. :lol:

Since the D10 combat events are all in the same time slot and all gated in different ways, a thread where people interested in any of the three can coordinate who would like to go where seems in order!

We have:

Bull Rush: No Glory requirements, anyone can join (including characters in the Glory 3.1-3.9 window, who can only do this one). Likely some kind of auto damage from that fire?
This event opens first. (And sounds like it might have the biggest effect on the actual city of Nikesake?)

Twisted Souls: Glory 3.0 or less only. Heavy hitters, maybe shugenja who can Bind and debuff?
Probably a bad idea for Soft-Hearted folk. :?

Gank Squad: Glory 4.0 or higher only (so probably experienced characters?). Endurance and big damage might both be handy.
Need someone to get out alive so we don't get Super Ghost Kassenko... and GD/DF won't save you here.

All need 4 characters.

(slightly edited again for clarified Glory rules)

Last edited by Togashi Myo-en on Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: D10 combat coordination thread!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:08 am 

I'm interested in doing one of the fights, whichever is available when I'm awake (though I'm too inglorious for the Kassenko ambush). I'm okay at melee but relatively low rank compared to some of the people we have here (I don't have SAA).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:09 am 

Kodama can be a body for Tsuno or Bulls, but isn't there for damage. He can give a couple void points back; & maybe get a disarm off on a Tsuno if they somehow miss him on attack.

“We tell the tale of heroes to remind ourselves that we also can be great.”

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:11 am 

Myo-en is in the "higher than 3, lower than 4" Glory window, so can only do the Bulls one. She has no Reduction, which might be rough if the fire means auto-damage--which seems probable--but does have some other tricks up her (nonexistent) sleeves.

I've had one event with associated rewards, though, which means I'll likely only toss her in to put livestock out of their misery if it looks like not filling with enough eager first-time volunteers.

Moto Baatar wrote:
I'm interested in doing one of the fights, whichever is available when I'm awake (though I'm too inglorious for the Kassenko ambush). I'm okay at melee but relatively low rank compared to some of the people we have here (I don't have SAA).

Most people eligible for Twisted Souls probably will not have SAA, unless they're new PCs who pushed Insight really hard in a school with SAA at Rank 3. Probably not worth holding back on that account?

Last edited by Togashi Myo-en on Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:11 am 

Ohoho, my only request is that I'm in the same one as Touki.

That being said, I'd also sit out to allow more people to fight if they haven't had the chance to yet.

Edit:

Ohoh, I realize I could only go deal with Flaming Bulls.

Typically Carries: Daisho, Jitte, Fan, Personal Seal, Umbrella

DECEASED as of Day 11, Late Afternoon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:18 am 

The shak can fill in for twisted souls if there aren't enough people, but all he can really offer is giving people extra void before the event starts, and medocre skill with a spear and defending people. Plus ive been in event threads already, so will sit out unless bodies are needed.

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:44 am 

I made threads for each of the seperate events, but a megathread is helpful too :D

Theme Song

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:45 am 

Edited top post because I wasn't clear on the Glory rules before--in fact, everybody should be eligible for two of the three events.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:48 am 

Togashi Myo-en wrote:
Edited top post because I wasn't clear on the Glory rules before--in fact, everybody should be eligible for two of the three events.

He reclairified, Myo-En. Glory 3.0 is the hard cap for the tsunos. 3.1 and up need not apply.

Theme Song

Last edited by Yogo Aya on Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:50 am 

Kimika's an archer on a bad day to be an archer, but I bet she can still hit bulls pretty reliably. Also has high initiative if other people would benefit from voiding to trade. Kimika's void is low, so it's on the other character to pay. But I'm likely still going to be asleep when Bulls opens, so I'll probably just sit out and see if we're desperate when it gets to Tsuno time.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:54 am 

Gosh darn it Iko! Dragon are only s'posed to be mysterious and unclear IC :P
Fixing top post again now.

Okay, so heavy hitters who can Tsuno might want to prioritize those, because there are a decent number of in-betweens who can only fight the bulls? Still depends when people are online, too, though.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:57 am 

If there’s a monk there giving out Void Horo can be a hit and damage machine each turn as it keeps being fed. She can’t take much hits, tough.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:06 am 

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
If there’s a monk there giving out Void Horo can be a hit and damage machine each turn as it keeps being fed. She can’t take much hits, tough.

if i end up in the thread, can give up to 4 extra void out to people. After that i'm only medocre with a spear. a fancy 3k3 jade spear, but still.

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:07 am 

<3 SNEK Buff

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:10 am 

Kodama can give out two void max a person for as long as he makes the Tn/is alive. But that's probably all he does. 4k1 damage does not threaten reduction based creatures.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:29 am 

We should only have one buffing char per event otherwise there's not enough damage output.

I can't give void points but I have plenty of defensive buffs as well as healing. Have been in other events though

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:31 am 

if it comes down to it, i can give the void to people in an EA thread as they are prepping to meet the army. I will get +2k1 on all social checks against them till they burn through all their void and spend the harmony point, but thats likely not going to come into play.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:32 am 

Moto Akemi wrote:
We should only have one buffing char per event otherwise there's not enough damage output.

I can't give void points but I have plenty of defensive buffs as well as healing. Have been in other events though

Yup. You're going to be more powerful Akemi.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:34 am 

Kodama can you heal? And what's your atn, I assume you can guard and attempt one kiho per round?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:38 am 

Kodama wrote:
Moto Akemi wrote:

Yup. You're going to be more powerful Akemi.

I've technically been in two events on previous char, so don't want to take slots from first timers who want to go in however.

If I don't commit to event I have the full silent waters combo and I can give people mega shields

Edit: actually 3 events. Eep

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)