It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:53 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Blue on green spar (Day 8 EM)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:37 am 

She's definitely as blushed as the crimson red doors of the Forbidden City with she series of compliments. She tries to unsuccessfully appear humble by waving a hand at the comments delivered to her, while nodding to those at her sensei.

"U-un!" She says giving a negative shake with her head, "They did not go regularly, but now that my cousin Jento-sa... ma. Now that he's Daimyo, some go more often." She bows in thanks for the compliments with a shining smile.

To the Dragon's inquire, she answers as if rehearsed, "Otosan Uchi is the heart of the Empire. It never stops, and the influx of people through its streets is constant. Even during the night, it keeps a steady rhythmic. There are many cities into one, with walls within walls. Each one built at a certain time. Each piece of it a different struggle the Empire went through. It is the bastion of our culture and civilization. Whithin it, the Forbidden City is the Palace of our beloved Hantei, and home of the Emerald Throne."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:35 am 

Cousin to the Seppun Daimyo?! That was a surprising revelation from Horonigai. Wasako might have been more aware if she spent more time with the Imperials.

"It sounds like a grand place, Seppun-sama. It must be if it hosts the Emerald Throne...although I probably can't being to imagine how a place with many cities in one would look like exactly. I've been away from most of civilization until recently," she chuckled then got curious once more. "...Are the Suzume lands also comparable in any way?"

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

Last edited by Mirumoto Wasako on Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:55 am 

Meanwhile the Kaiu went from rapidly starting to think the Imperial was okay to being once again full of dread at the prospect of her company.

She's the cousin of an Imperial daimyo? Keep your head down Maiya or you might lose it!

Needless to say the Crab remained steadfastly tight lipped.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:11 am 

"Eto... Suzume lands. It's very, very different. How could I describe?"

She puts a hand on her chin and looks up, trying to find the best words to describe the place.

"You hate it until you love it."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:36 am 

"I see..." she said before nodding appreciatively. "It's perhaps quite the riddle in itself and perhaps worthwhile to see the Sparrow lands just to solve, or hope to get as close as possible. Eto...Are there usually a lot of Imperial family members in the Sparrow lands?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:44 am 

"Gomen, neh!" She rubs her head, noticing she was so vague that even a Dragon didn't get what she was trying to convey.

"It is a very small place. A burnt down Shiro that is being rebuilt. I guess... fou--five streets now, and what I can proudly say: vast and lush farmlands! Hai!"

She opens a flat smile. "Some Imperials are going down there more often. A bunch of farmers. The humble Suzume samurai –– that are kind of also farmers –– and a lot of yam."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:58 am 

"Oh!" she said in realizing at first, now getting a better picture. "That's unfortunate about the Shiro but it sounds like a humble place. To be honest, it is likely considered to be a large city compared to where I'm from. I suppose that would explain why you were sent there to complement the Imperial family. However, we are thankful to have you here now, Seppun-sama."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:02 am 

Suihi! It's just as bad as the Yasuki say. Maiya looked away to hide her distaste at how boring, and full of yams, Sparrow lands really were.

When Wasako rebutted that Sparrow lands sounded like a large city compared to where she was from the Crab turned back to look at her. She thought it an amazing display of sincerity and courtesy to come out with such an unlikely line.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:10 am 

Large place? Horonigai blinks while thinking. Do you live under a rock or something up there?

"Anno... I've never been up into the nothern mountains, but, eto... the Suzume lands are reaaaaaally small." The Seppun nods and observes Maiya for a while, noticing a similar reaction.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:25 am 

"There isn't much in the northern mountains, at least in my part of the mountains. We're practically at the edge of the Empire and there isn't anywhere else to go, mostly because the mountains won't let you go anywhere else. We basically have the dojo...and a nearby village with two streets," she smirked with a hapless shrug.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:33 am 

Horonigai grins when imagining a place even smaller than Kyuden Suzume. "We are thankful to have you here, now. Mirumoto-san." She replies the pleasantry.

"You as well, Kaiu-san. Fierce samurai such as you will certainly help to shape the future of the Empire, ne!"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:52 am 

Having her Family name called made her perk up out of instinct. She dips her head to the Seppun politely. "You honour me with your words Seppun-sama. Arigatou gozaimasu."

She had still been processing just how small some Dragon villages must be.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:01 am 

Her eyes widened for a moment but she kept in good spirits, bowing humbly at Horonigai's encouragement. "I don't know if I will change the future of the Empire but I am hoping to help with the war effort however I can!"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:07 am 

"Eto. The Steel Chrysanthemum's Army is coming this way. Winning or losing, a great lesson will be learned." She shrugs. "I thought I wouldn't do much at Toshi no Omodoiso, but I actually did. Every action counts. Even training."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:25 am 

The Crab had nothing to add. She would fight.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:08 am 

"Admittedly, I did travel to the Lion lands on the behest of my sensei's wisdom with the intent of learning and finding lessons. I don't know if he intended for me to find this sort of opportunity here but it's not one I will shirk from. I do hope to come out of this wiser and return to the dojo with something to share with the students there."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:34 pm 

The Seppun nods to both. The Crab, stoic: treats death is part of the job. The Dragon, inquisitive: expects to learn even if oblivious to death.

Horonigai closes her fist in cheering, reminding them to the their best, "Yosh! Ganbatte kudasai."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:02 pm 

Wasako couldn't help but giggle, in a good way, at Horonigai's high spirits. She closed her fist and held up in the same manner to show solidarity that they were going to do their best together, especially when times were going to get tough. "Absolutely! Very well said, Seppun-sama."

"I think Seppun-sama has provided enough energy for me to get through the week. With that, I should probably start my day. If every morning could be like this, I would feel like I could take on anything! Have a pleasant day, minisama," She said with a deep bow.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:43 am 

With a little hesitation Maiya joined in the gesture imitation, lifting her fist too. "Ganbarimasu."

Then the Dragon was fleeing. Nooooo. Maiya wanted to talk more. To talk more and not to be left with the super important Imperial. Her gaze follows Wasako as she loses all hope.

With an anguished sigh she bows in the Dragon's direction. Her mind was forced to consider what would be a viable escape plan.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:57 am 

While Wasako didn't know what Maiya might have been thinking, she did at least hear her sigh. "Oh, Kaiu-san?...Uhm, gomen. Did Kaiu-san want to spar Seppun-sama too, perhaps? I don't think the honour should go to only me. Of course, that's only if Seppun-sama would allow it. I'd be more than happy to observe."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next