It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:46 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Inter-Crab relations (Day 9 LM, expecting)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:41 pm 

This time Maiya noticed the garment and she did find it odd. Not seen something like that before. As she cleaned up Yukarin's kimono she grinned as she could tell both samurai-ko were keen to eat.

"Just a little longer."

As she finished she hung the kimono up so it could dry. She then sat down at the small table to join them in having tea, legs to her side.

"Did either of you hear about the Otomo fleeing the bathhouse last night? He was apparently being chased by Scorpion courtesans. Or maybe you've heard about the Crane, and how Doji Suiminko-sama is planning to have them betray everyone?" She chuckled a little. "People really love to spread silly gossip, don't they?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:45 pm 

"Hai hai; Especially when we're all stuck together. I know similar things happened at the miai. There were even rumors about me floating around that were entirely untrue. People just grow bored and want drama to liven up their lives, distract them. ...I mean, even I'm not immune to such temptations. After all, I know not ALL rumors are false, and it can be very stimulating trying to figure out which are which."

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:58 pm 

She perked up as Yukarin mentioned some rumours were not necessarily false. "Do you suspect any of those being told at the moment are true? Which ones Yasuki-sama?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:05 pm 

"The Otomo thing, actually. Oh, it's likely embellished, certainly. But I wouldn't be surprised if he was followed out of the baths by some women. After all, they say close quarters makes for the quickest, and strangest, futon sharing. As it were..."

Yukarin sips her tea thoughtfully.

carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:03 am 

Amaya just shakes her head in response to her cousin's question. She hadn't heard about any of these rumour, nor does she have any inkling whether they are true or not.

One detail catches her interest though.

"Floating?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:39 am 

Maiya lifts a hand in agreement with her cousin. "I am also curious about this floating story Yasuki-sama."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:41 am 

"Yeah, floating. It's just a turn of phrase, I suppose. I've heard it said that rumors can permeate any wall, any fortress, and can cross the Empire faster than Otaku battle steed. ...which I suppose is the exact opposite image one gets of them floating, hai."

"...I guess it's just one of those things that caught on. But you want to hear about the rumors that were floating around about me? I'll warn you, they were most unflattering."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:03 am 

"Then they were most certainly untrue." Maiya states firmly, clapping her tea cup on the table. She was annoyed even.

"What were the rumours? Others must have been jealous of you Yasuki-sama."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:20 am 

"Well, it's kind of a long story... you see, there was a Scorpion artist at Dark Edge Village, and I guess he had a thing for me and ended up coming up with a love song to win my heart. It was... not very good. But since he did it in public, it took on a lie of its own. After a day or two, the bawdy version was more known around the camp than the original. In particular, the line 'She drew me in with star dewed eyes' had turned into 'She let me touch her milky thighs'."

Yukarin frowned slightly, "I had kids lifting up my kimono to touch my legs for days afterwards, and I'm not sure I ever did get the misunderstanding cleared up."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:29 am 

Bawdy version? Oh. Oh my! That's...! Maiya's cheeks had turned very red. She looked down, feeling embarrassed, yet at the same time...

She giggles. She actually giggles quite loudly. Even a hand hastily shoved up against her lips doesn't quite muffle her chuckling as Yukarin went on to mention kids lifting up her kimono to check.

Knowing how bad this likely looked she desperately looked to Yukarin with the most apologetic expression and posture someone chuckling at a story about you could manage.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:21 am 

Yukarin crossed her arms, "Yes, well... I realize it is a bit silly. Especially in hindsight. But it all was quite the genuine annoyance at the time. And I couldn't even really blame Shosuro-san either, since it's not like he was the one who altered the lyrics."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:31 am 

Maiya held up her hand and indicated a small amount with a pinch of her fingers. "Just a little. I'm more amused at the image of children running up to you to lift your kimono. That sounds terrible... but it is funny, ne?" She tried to calm Yukarin down if she was angry by offering her more tea.

Then there was a knock at the door. Maiya finished her cup of tea and got up to get it, letting the inn staff enter to serve them an early lunch. Plates, platters and bowls soon filled the table. There was teriyaki donburi and miso soup for each of them, as well as vegetable tempura, yakitori and some rice balls. Alongside these was served oolong tea and sake. They'd all be full come the afternoon!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:37 pm 

Amaya blinks at the description of how that song was turned in meaning and tone. That was quite the change indeed and the mention of children lifting kimonos makes her blink. Children would definitely pick up on bawdy details they could act out and get a reaction from.

There is a very simple solution though.

"Armour would have stopped the touches."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:35 pm 

"Well yeah, probably. But wearing armor at a miai would have been seen as even weirder for a weird girl already. Besides, I come from a pacifist school, more or less, and an emissary walking around in armor would have been seen as breaking tradition there. That and it was awfully muggy... I'm not sure how most Crab manage during the summer months."

She said all this as Maiya finished making sure everything was ready with the food, Yukarin eyeing it meaningfully as she talked. When she finished, she picked up her chopsticks, "It's so much!"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:16 pm 

An amused smile plays briefly over Amaya's lips, but soon enough she eyes the donburi bowls with anticipation and picks up a pair of chopsticks as well.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:13 am 

The inn staff discreetly excused themselves. One remained just a little longer to wish them a good meal and to let them know when to collect things. He kindly shut the door behind him after bowing and stepping outside.

Taking a long inhale of the wonderful scent of glorious food Maiya joined her fellow Crab at the table.

"It is, but I said there would be three hungry Crab. Let's meet their expectations, ne? Itadakimasu!" Flashing a smile to Yukarin and her cousin she clapped her hands.

Now for the feast! Picking up her own chopsticks she began immediately placing some items on her side plate.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:41 am 

"Too true."

Yukarin decided to start with her soup as well, and picked up one of the small bowls from the tray.

"It still feels like a feast though. And slightly exotic. So carefully prepared, traditional, and such."

She sipped the soup broth a bit before lowering it and picking out a piece of tofu with her chopsticks.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:47 am 

"They certainly did themselves proud." Maiya agrees wholeheartedly.

She does glance toward Amaya to see if she was going to pour sake or tea for each of them, being the youngest.

"Thirsty Amaya-san?"

Even being unaware as she was she knew her cousin. She could tell just how much Amaya wasn't thirsty, but hungry; she wanted that teriyaki donburi!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:38 am 

"A bit thirsty." Amaya answers. She had tea to quench most of that. "Very hungry." She adds. This breakfast is something she had really been looking forward to.

She knows her cousin well though and without sake, there will be grumbling, glares and worse. Giving them both a cheerful grin, the youngest of the trio picks up a sake bottle and begins to pour their guest a nice cup. Tilting her head to the side, she then stares at her cousin. And stares. And just when the older cousin is about to open her mouth, Maiya's cup is filled with sake too. Giving one satisfied hum, Amaya lastly pours herself as small amount as well. Tasty. But not as much as the main dish, which her focus now returns now.

Once she has a nice bowl of rice and fish in hand, the young bushi quickly fills it with her favourite condiments and begins to happily savour her treat. Mmh! Teriyaki!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:06 am 

"Sake too? You two thought of everything. Though I would have brought some myself, had I known; I don't think I've had either of you try any Golden Carp. And you know just how much I have left, Maiya-san."

Even as she says this, however, she lifts the filled cup to her lips, taking a small sip.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next